So November is the release date for Call of Duty 7..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

Well according to CVG..

Activision has pencilled in a November release for the seventh Call of Duty - which will be set in the late 1960s, during the Vietnam War.

Following this week's rumours, a senior UK trade source today told CVG that the Treyarch-developed title is scheduled to arrive a full 12 months after last year's Modern Warfare 2.

" It's going to be November again - just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2, " they told CVG.

Activision believes that it can own Christmas 2010, just as it has in the last two years.

" Development is on course - and Treyarch have been told the game must be ready to hit shelves before the gifting season. "

So another Call of Duty for 2010 !! From Treyarch that is.. Hope it's awesome.

Source :CVG

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
Will it come with its own plastic peripherals too?
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Mod of MW2 :P
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
I'm actually wondering if Treyarch can do a better job than IW now. However I'm sure it will have the same problems as MW2. That being said I find the idea of it being in Vietnam a very cool idea. Haven't been very many of those games.
iPutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iPutty
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
This is turning into Madden; one every year.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I can't see myself buying this... Modern Warfare 2 is enough CoD for me.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zomglolcats
This is turning into Madden; one every year.iPutty
Yeah I wonder how long they can actually keep this up? But then, I'm not surprised that the average consumer throws their money down the toilet every year for the same old rehash. They do it for Madden, I'm sure they'll do it for this.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

Not many decent Vietnam games around, so this could make a nice change.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I can't see myself buying this... Modern Warfare 2 is enough CoD for me.

psn8214
WaW was enough cod for me.
Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I wonder if they will rethink their choice on dedicated servers.
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

I won't get enough of the CoD series anytime soon.I will love CoD 7 but i hope it isn't set in the Vietnam War.But if it is i will still buy it.

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
WaW was not bad, and Treyarch can make a good game. I just don't know about a cod every year
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

Well at least this time they base it on all the actual major battles of Vietnam and not have to make some unbelievable Michael Bay WW3 plot.

Hopefully they do well with this because the only Vietnam game I've played that was pretty good was Vietcong.

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

I might buy just because it's finally in a different environment :)

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

[QUOTE="iPutty"]This is turning into Madden; one every year.zomglolcats
Yeah I wonder how long they can actually keep this up? But then, I'm not surprised that the average consumer throws their money down the toilet every year for the same old rehash. They do it for Madden, I'm sure they'll do it for this.

Every game is a rehash of something, dont like it stop gaming.

CoD games are great, the fact that they can be made fast doesnt somehow make them worse games.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

big giant meh, so when is star craft 2 and star wars the old replublic coming out?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I was about to come in here and say that I really dont care as COD has gone a little down hill lately to me. But with it in Vietnam im interested, as I really enjoyed Vietcong.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
Meh.. unless they got something new and original I'll be giving this one a pass. I havent seen anything decent from IW or Treyarch since CoD4:MW
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I don't throw my money down the toilet every year...I spend it on a game which gives me a great SP cinematic campaign, and then endless MP fun...
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

You're kind of forced to do it with madden, with CoD not so much.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zomglolcats

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="iPutty"]This is turning into Madden; one every year.warmaster670

CoD games are great, the fact that they can be made fast doesnt somehow make them worse games.

That's a flawed argument. I'm talking about a complete rehash of the exact same game released just a year ago. Stop being a fan boy. Releasing sequels just for the sake of making yearly sequels guarantees you make crap. Just look at Madden.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zomglolcats
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="iPutty"]This is turning into Madden; one every year.FelipeInside

I don't throw my money down the toilet every year...I spend it on a game which gives me a great SP cinematic campaign, and then endless MP fun...

Ah I see. So what game do you spend your money on? As that is obviously not CoD: MW2.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="zomglolcats"] Yeah I wonder how long they can actually keep this up? But then, I'm not surprised that the average consumer throws their money down the toilet every year for the same old rehash. They do it for Madden, I'm sure they'll do it for this.

Ah I see. So what game do you spend your money on? As that is obviously not CoD: MW2.

If a game gives me a great SP campaign, and then keeps me entertained ALSO in MP.... it is worth my money (sooner or later of course you get sick of every game). CoD Series has done that since years ago....and keeps doing it but also adding new stuff, so I will keep buying. I don't know what you expect from a new CoD, a total conversion? do you want it to be RTS? Why change a formula that works?
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Getting bored of this franchise.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Not a trustworthy source!!
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"] Yeah I wonder how long they can actually keep this up? But then, I'm not surprised that the average consumer throws their money down the toilet every year for the same old rehash. They do it for Madden, I'm sure they'll do it for this.zomglolcats

That's a flawed argument. I'm talking about a complete rehash of the exact same game released just a year ago. Stop being a fan boy. Releasing sequels just for the sake of making yearly sequels guarantees you make crap. Just look at Madden.

Ya, i must be a fanboy, no wait, ive actually played the game, and it is pretty different from MW, now maybe you should try actually playing it sometime.

There is NO reason to not release a game that people want to play, maybe your just upset that no one wants to p-lay the games you like, or maybe your just pissed that IW makes money, who knows.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="warmaster670"]

Yeah I wonder how long they can actually keep this up? But then, I'm not surprised that the average consumer throws their money down the toilet every year for the same old rehash. They do it for Madden, I'm sure they'll do it for this.zomglolcats

Madden isnt a good comparison unless each COD had the exact same maps and storyline with minor gameplay tweaks. A heck of a lot more work goes into each COD than in each Madden.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="warmaster670"]

warmaster670

Ya, i must be a fanboy, no wait, ive actually played the game, and it is pretty different from MW, now maybe you should try actually playing it sometime.

There is NO reason to not release a game that people want to play, maybe your just upset that no one wants to p-lay the games you like, or maybe your just pissed that IW makes money, who knows.

Well I did play mw2 and i got to say the game is a sequel and its improved, maybe they did not take the graphics into a whole new level, but still, its a sequel with a new compaign and new weapons and enemies plus character and ides and massive new content in mp. Now why people who have not played the game cannot see that? Oops thats why :P
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Sorry Activision, i am not going to buy a new COD game every year. Try something new.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Sorry Activision, i am not going to buy a new COD game every year. Try something new.

hoola
So true, CoD is becoming the Madden of FPS.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Will it come with its own plastic peripherals too?fudgeblood

hmmm they already did plastic goggles

maybe a punji stick this time?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cranler

hoola
Its a Vietnam game according to rumours. I only know of one good nam game and it came out 7 years ago. About time we had another. What do you propose they do instead?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="hoola"]

Cranler
Its a Vietnam game according to rumours. I only know of one good nam game and it came out 7 years ago. About time we had another. What do you propose they do instead?

You know this game will be good? The CoD series has been going down hill since the first.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

If it actually is going to be based on Vietnam, this could be epic if they do it right.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

If it actually is going to be based on Vietnam, this could be epic if they do it right.

PTMags

me concur

MW2 is an abomination, but it doesnt necessarily ruin the entire series or future installments.

Though with the success of their most recent game, I doubt theyl change back to how it was with CoD 2 and MW1

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45
[QUOTE="hoola"]

Cranler

Vietcong?
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#37 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

This one could actually be nice sense it takes place in Vietnam but what about the next COD? And then the following one which would probably be made by IW? I don't know I think they would eventually milk this franchise dry like Madden.

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Prepare yourself for constructive criticism: TREYARCH = SUCK.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dakan45
I really dont understand why people are excited about the next cod taking place in vietnam, i mean i am playing vietcong right now and i dont see whats so geat about it, oh well it could be another ww2 game, but whatever the case may be, its still unconfirmed!!!
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
I thought they did a great job with WaW..
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
its still unconfirmed!!!dakan45
No, it's confirmed and it's been known for a while that it would take place in Vietnam. Though I agree the Vietnamese War isn't that interesting of a setting.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#42 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Im starting to like Treyarch more than IW, but we'll see..

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cranler
I really dont understand why people are excited about the next cod taking place in vietnam, i mean i am playing vietcong right now and i dont see whats so geat about it, oh well it could be another ww2 game, but whatever the case may be, its still unconfirmed!!!dakan45
It was a great game for its time. First game I know of where enemies actually took cover and you had somewhat realistic firefights. MOH AA was a joke in comparison. When I played the COD demo it felt like a rip off of Vietcong
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cranler
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="hoola"]

You know this game will be good? The CoD series has been going down hill since the first.

The opinion of someone who plays Fear 2 doesnt matter to me.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
I'd actually pre-order if they sent me a vietnamese hat, a big one, better than nightvision googles... As I said to Orig1n, they're going to have a hard time explaining how the Vietnamese army got some advanced U.S weaponry...But you know, this game doesn't seem bad at all...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dakan45

No, it's confirmed and it's been known for a while that it would take place in Vietnam. Though I agree the Vietnamese War isn't that interesting of a setting.fudgeblood

If that was true, wouldnt i have seen some official notification? Is there something i am missing, then by all means, show it to me, but if its not, all i know for a while now is that the next cod taking place in vietnam is a long term rumor and not actually confirmed!!

[QUOTE="dakan45"]I really dont understand why people are excited about the next cod taking place in vietnam, i mean i am playing vietcong right now and i dont see whats so geat about it, oh well it could be another ww2 game, but whatever the case may be, its still unconfirmed!!!Cranler
It was a great game for its time. First game I know of where enemies actually took cover and you had somewhat realistic firefights. MOH AA was a joke in comparison. When I played the COD demo it felt like a rip off of Vietcong

Which moh you are reffering too? Anyway, i agree that the combat was very polished in vietcong unlike many other fps, but the compaign was not much, for the most of the time it felt like there is no progress, just an average battle after and average battle with no sense og progress towards full frontal assault, just average jungle fights missions!!

But in another vietnam game caleld men of valor, there was some actual progress in the war!

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

This hype makes me sick.