So i just got my BFBC2 pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davi21a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 davi21a
Member since 2010 • 559 Posts

I must say i am kinda disappointed, it seems like its better on the consoles for some reason... what do you guys think? oh and also i can't figure out how to change my clantag?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
why does it seem better on consoles? the PC version has Dedi servers and a higher player count, not to mention better graphics and ability to use the keyboard.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
why does it seem better on consoles? the PC version has Dedi servers and a higher player count, not to mention better graphics and ability to use the keyboard.ferret-gamer
Also a mouse :P
AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

You must be deaf or something.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]why does it seem better on consoles? the PC version has Dedi servers and a higher player count, not to mention better graphics and ability to use the keyboard.Daytona_178

Idk I don't like using mouse/keyboard combination, rather have controllers

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

The hit detection on the Xbox 360 demo definitely seemed better than on PC. Man.. I would've told you building a PC for that game was a waste :)

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]why does it seem better on consoles? the PC version has Dedi servers and a higher player count, not to mention better graphics and ability to use the keyboard.shadow13702

Idk I don't like using mouse/keyboard combination, rather have controllers

Ok well...thats the issue right there.
Splash-Bar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Splash-Bar
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

It's not too bad; the only issue I've been frustrated with is PunkBuster; it's absolute garbage. I can definitely understand the PC leaving something to be desired; I myself was MUCH, MUCH better at COD4 on my 360. But, with a PC, I could have pwned myself using a 360. A PC simply requires a higher level of skill as well as the means of a responsible indiidual to improve their abiity to play the game; it takes money, patience, more customization, and more focus. In other words, a little kid can't just pick up the controller and start topping the scoreboards. That's what will always give PC's an edge over consoles.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I kind of agree, but I think both versions are meh. The PC version feels like a port, and well the console version... is a console fps. CSS feels like a pc game, BC2 does not have that feeling. STALKER has that feeling a lot... I mean when you play STALKER you know you're playing on the pc.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

I kind of agree, but I think both versions are meh. The PC version feels like a port, and well the console version... is a console fps. CSS feels like a pc game, BC2 does not have that feeling. STALKER has that feeling a lot... I mean when you play STALKER you know you're playing on the pc.

JigglyWiggly_
I got that playing Crysis again for the first time in a while. Imo BC2 on console is not even worth looking at. I quite like the game on PC, but it could really do with some improvements. Like how the whole thing handles. Movement always feels so dang clunky, the guns never feel right. Stuff like that. Im looking forward to BF3 though.
Avatar image for Lightningrealms
Lightningrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Lightningrealms
Member since 2006 • 922 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

Iantheone

I got that playing Crysis again for the first time in a while. Imo BC2 on console is not even worth looking at. I quite like the game on PC, but it could really do with some improvements. Like how the whole thing handles. Movement always feels so dang clunky, the guns never feel right. Stuff like that. Im looking forward to BF3 though.

I don't think 'clunky' is the right word, it feels fine to me... The problem with movement is the lack of prone; this forces the game to speed up in my opinion, and what made BF2 so great was the variable fighting tempo. I'm definitely looking forward to BF3 though :D

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

Lightningrealms

I don't think 'clunky' is the right word, it feels fine to me... The problem with movement is the lack of prone; this forces the game to speed up in my opinion, and what made BF2 so great was the variable fighting tempo. I'm definitely looking forward to BF3 though :D

Stiff then? IDK, but I really dont notice it that often. Im not sure if prone would actually make BC2 better or not.
dbpvivi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dbpvivi
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

Er? You are obviously not playing on full 1920*1080 dx11 with everything on high. I know this because your CPU couldn't handle it. Your CPU is low end. Dual Core min. Quad core recommended- even then at 3.0ghz.

And 1 * 5770 isn't good enough either, its like a 4870 with dx11.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iantheone

Er? You are obviously not playing on full 1920*1080 dx11 with everything on high. I know this because your CPU couldn't handle it. Your CPU is low end. Dual Core min. Quad core recommended- even then at 3.0ghz.

dbpvivi
I dont think he was talking about graphics btw >.> And yes, a 5770 would be able to max BC2 no problem
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I must say i am kinda disappointed, it seems like its better on the consoles for some reason... what do you guys think? oh and also i can't figure out how to change my clantag?

davi21a

I did play the PS3 beta and then the PC beta. The PS3 beta looked like a cr4p. Then I bought the PC version and rise myself near to level 47 (and still playing) over 500 hours, and just yesterday I finished the campaing (in hard).

The game is a masterpiece, a trully PC game at the core that only lacks in a few things, as the absence of prone or a bigger maps (as the one from the campaign, "sangre de toro", wich is huge, bigger than any map in any other BF game.

Is just perfect in too nay ways compared to BF 2 that isn't funny. In BC 2 you can remap all the hotkeys, whereas BF 2 didn't leave you to change most of them (can you figure this lack in a true PC game?). You need more bullets to kill in BC 2, which demands more skill, but the spread is more realistic (and assault and smg rifles don't kill instantly with a lucky headshot). The environment destruction just add a new dimension to the game, which is totally absent in most of games (remember the wood fence stoping your M-1 Abrams charging at 50 mph?).

And the game runs flawless in PC, 60 fps in the mp and near to 100-120 in some areas of the sp campaing, just as was building for. I can't undertand how any can say that this is a console game, when consoles barely can run it at 720p, sub 30 fps and with abysmal settings in both texture resolution and particle fx and wireframe. Not to count that community (clan) wise, the consoles are a waste.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

Yeah the mouse and keyboard really makes you notice how slow and crappy the game feels in comparison with more popular MP FPS games on the PC. The whole thing just feels like it was made with the controller in mind.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
I think he's trying to run it on integrated graphics :P
dbpvivi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 dbpvivi
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

[QUOTE="dbpvivi"]

Iantheone

I dont think he was talking about graphics btw >.> And yes, a 5770 would be able to max BC2 no problem

You talk some bull. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2047861.

A bit better with patches/drivers but not huge.

Probs a little better but not by much.

davi21a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 davi21a
Member since 2010 • 559 Posts

dbpvivi

I know, i need a better system, but $500 isnt just gonna come out of my ass lol

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Honestly i just cant think why its better on the console. Graphics are better, you got things like changing FOV and free maps. Am i missing something?