Small, Initial Arkham Knight Patch Released.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
  • Fix for low resolution texture bug
  • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
  • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
  • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
  • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
  • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
  • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
  • Enabling AMD Crossfire
  • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:

• Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
  • Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
  • Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

The rain effects still look the same on mine. That may be the low resolution texture bug, though. Glad to see they are working on all the important aspects.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

any news on a re-release date? that list looks pretty hefty...could be quite a significant undertaking to fix properly.

needs to be done though of course.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

Performance problems are still there. Despite the fact that I have a video card much faster than the ps4, I still have to play on 720p to avoid streaming lag.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

This company shit the bed and then proceeded to piss themselves after realizing they'd rolled around in it all night. It's too bad too because so far every one of their batman games has run rather well on my pc. Wonder who or what group of employees left or was replaced to have the company go from making good pc games to ones that 100% shouldn't have been released? Those people should be fired and hung out to dry for the decision to do bare bones minimum work on the pc version of their game. Not only has it cost them their reputation, it's costing them a boat load of cash.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

They added AO and rain shaders? Sweet. Sounds like I can play the game now.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The AO and Rain Shaders are nice, but they are just features and if I hadn't seen the earlier videos they wouldn't have been missed all that much. The low res textures, however, affects my experience much more. I barely get stuttering (so I guess I'm lucky) and I haven't encountered most of the other bugs in the list.

-Byshop

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Yeh, performance wise I haven't had many problems. If the textures are a lower resolution than they should be that is probably why, though. Hopefully the frame rate will not drop too much when they get the high resolution textures fixed.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Glad they patched in the missing effects quickly, but this should have been done by release. What a massive failure of a launch.

Screenshot from post patch

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@PcGamingRig said:

Yeh, performance wise I haven't had many problems. If the textures are a lower resolution than they should be that is probably why, though. Hopefully the frame rate will not drop too much when they get the high resolution textures fixed.

It's not all textures. Just some surfaces will randomly not pop in the higher resolution version of their texture when you get closer to them. I'm running an Nvidia system so that's probably one of the reasons why I'm not having as many issues as some people. I play it maxed at 1440p on my dual 980 GTX rig, and on my laptop I put it down to around medium at 1366x768 and it plays fine.

-Byshop

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

Just a few more weeks and I can sit down and play this in all its glory I hope. got it with my GTX 970 so Im not to worked up over this mess at the moment

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

Best to be patient now. They fucked up and the last thing we want to do is rush them now. Let them finish the game finally. The list of things they are focusing on is promising. I can wait for however long it takes.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Companies worried about making money, so they rush the game..... Look at the money lost from this BS. I think everyone would have been fine with a 2 week delay on PC....

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime

Managed to play the game after installing my 980 Ti for 20 minutes.

It's ****ing gorgeous. Easily one of the best looking games I've seen, if not blatantly the best. I left the 30 FPS cap in place and just pretended I was playing a better looking PS4. It was annoying but I can live with it for now. All the effects come together extremely well (especially the NVIDIA fog, looks insane).

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I m tempted to buy the game ! but i wanna know how well is it now in AMD ? am i gonna enjoy playing in two 290 ? or wait for more patches ?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Jawad2007 said:

I m tempted to buy the game ! but i wanna know how well is it now in AMD ? am i gonna enjoy playing in two 290 ? or wait for more patches ?

Wait for the re-release in September.

That's what I'm doing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FelipeInside

This just released:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/07/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-mess-for-months/

So angry if true.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime

@Ben-Buja said:

Glad they patched in the missing effects quickly, but this should have been done by release. What a massive failure of a launch.

Screenshot from post patch

Turns out these effects turn off once you continue a saved game. I read a thread about it, and tested myself, and it's true. The effect becomes diminished after a continue. Very weak.

Captivestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Captivestraw
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@FelipeInside: We probably won't have to wait for that long, a few weeks at most it seems, source: http://californiacomputernews.com/batman-arkham-knight-pc-version-will-be-available-in-the-coming-weeks/

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@FelipeInside: couldn't wait saw the game with season pass for 30 $ so I bought it ! for now playing at ultra settings with dsr to 2k , and going not bad , the only problem is the sutters , it happens now and then but not that annoying .

the game mechanics and story is great tho .

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@Jawad2007 said:

@FelipeInside: couldn't wait saw the game with season pass for 30 $ so I bought it ! for now playing at ultra settings with dsr to 2k , and going not bad , the only problem is the sutters , it happens now and then but not that annoying .

the game mechanics and story is great tho .

I'll wait for the re-release in September. Game looks great, shame it launched like that.