This topic is locked from further discussion.

coraxable32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 coraxable32
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hi!

I just downloaded Skyrim online,i wanted to play with my friend.But,instead of him i see a naked guy and his name prisoner,i guess that that were the other players.Is this going to be fixed,or is this the final product?

Oh,and also can i play CO-OP,and can i do quests with my friend?

Thx in advance! :)

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
My guess is that since its barely a complete mod they just had the baseline networking in place to see if it would even function. I would save give it time and see what happens on it. Didn't even know they were working on one.
coraxable32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 coraxable32
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Thanks for the reply,i have to wait now but it is better to wait,then to play a bad mod :)

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I have a question of my own: How exactly do they plan on making it work?

I'd love to have my story and world and everything and just invite my buddies to come help me out. Is that the plan?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
No point wondering about it, the mod'll be dead by the time they get close to figuring out what they need to do, to make it work, just like Oblivion and FO 3. Some think it might be cool at first "hey J.D let's make an online mod for this Beth game", some pretty raw and flawed concepts come out, they waste more time than they planned on it, they see it's going nowhere and it doesn't add much to the game, they never manage to make something remotely functional.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

No point wondering about it, the mod'll be dead by the time they get close to figuring out what they need to do, to make it work, just like Oblivion and FO 3. Some think it might be cool at first "hey J.D let's make an online mod for this Beth game", some pretty raw and flawed concepts come out, they waste more time than they planned on it, they see it's going nowhere and it doesn't add much to the game, they never manage to make something remotely functional.DanielDust

Which unfortunately will probably be the case. While it would be nice to play these games co-op style it's not really that much better to do so.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]No point wondering about it, the mod'll be dead by the time they get close to figuring out what they need to do, to make it work, just like Oblivion and FO 3. Some think it might be cool at first "hey J.D let's make an online mod for this Beth game", some pretty raw and flawed concepts come out, they waste more time than they planned on it, they see it's going nowhere and it doesn't add much to the game, they never manage to make something remotely functional.menes777

Which unfortunately will probably be the case. While it would be nice to play these games co-op style it's not really that much better to do so.

A shame. Saints Row 3 is a prime example of open world awesomeness in co-op done right, and Dark Souls is a good example of RPG co-op as well (though more strict in its implementation).

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Yeah, the mod is in its like early alpha stages so its not really playable imo I'm pretty skeptical they will actually complete this project it has been done before though on a lower scale i.e. GTA:SA but, none the less me and the friends i game with are pretty excited too see how this will come along were all pretty big elder scroll enthusiasts and this would be so great for lan.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SPYDER0416

If San Andreas could get a working multiplayer, I will be damned if this game doesn't have one.

Me and my friends have been playing Dead Island more recently, not because its a better game, but because it gives us a samey experience, with friends (and also zombies). If they can let me get together and slay some Falmer in dungeons with my buddies, I might never play anything else (at least until Fallout 4 gets if).