Single Player RPGs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

I'll be getting an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mb version soon with my LCD monitor with a maximum resolution of 1280x1024. Is there any good single player RPGs that you can reccomend out there that are either from last year 2006 or this year 2007 that can complement with the video card? I have already finished Neverwinter Nights 2 and I'm not interested in Oblivion. I like CRPGs with great stories or plot. Is The Witcher going to be a great game? Are there any good upcoming CRPGs aside from NWN 2:Mask of The Betrayer and The Witcher?

Is it just me or are single player RPGs getting fewer and there are more MMORPGs? I really hate MMORPGs from the bottom of my heart.

Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
Sadly, there have not been any good single player RPGs that meet your requirements with in the past couple years.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lordlors

Sadly, there have not been any good single player RPGs that meet your requirements with in the past couple years.Alaris83

Then I fear of great single player CRPGs with great stories going to be very rare. How about the witcher? is it going to be good? I can't seem to tell.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts
I doubt this would work, but you could try games like Dungeon Siege (and its sequel). If you can run Diablo, you might try that. Still, there aren't too many excellent single-player RPGs
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordlors

I doubt this would work, but you could try games like Dungeon Siege (and its sequel). If you can run Diablo, you might try that. Still, there aren't too many excellent single-player RPGsWolf-Man2006

I have already played Diablo and i'm looking for an rpg from 2006 or 2007 that can complement with 8800 GTS. Why are excellent single player RPGs becoming rare? Don't tell me they would be extinct

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]I doubt this would work, but you could try games like Dungeon Siege (and its sequel). If you can run Diablo, you might try that. Still, there aren't too many excellent single-player RPGslordlors

I have already played Diablo and i'm looking for an rpg from 2006 or 2007 that can complement with 8800 GTS. Why are excellent single player RPGs becoming rare? Don't tell me they would be extinct

You can try Titan Quest. That should push your system a bit.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
there's Hellgate: London. technically, I don't think it's an MMO...
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lordlors

there's Hellgate: London. technically, I don't think it's an MMO...Hewkii

is there an epic single player experience?

Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
If you like diablo check out titan quest, its basically a clone but a well done one. Nice setting in greek mythology, looks nice but don't expect it to tax a 8800gts, worth playing though.
YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
Geneforge and its sequels have been coming out in the past few years from an indie company and they're fantastic RPGs, and you can even get them all for $30. Be warned though, graphics whores are not going to be pleased. If you want a great RPG, get Geneforge, if you want to be distracted by shiny things, play Oblivion or look at the sun.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="Hewkii"]there's Hellgate: London. technically, I don't think it's an MMO...lordlors

Well, the game's not out yet so we really don't know. But (and I am reaching here) with the way you upgrade your character in Bioshock, you could technically call it RPG-like.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordlors
how about the witcher? do you think it's gonna be good because i can't seem to tell
WestleyViau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 WestleyViau
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
Dungeon seige was a great game, if you're fussy over graphics then don't bother, but otherwize yeah, it's a great game.
DHReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DHReese
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts
I agree. Im not a big fan of MMO games. Well currently i still like going back to the KOTOR's. However something to look forward to is Dragon Age-Bioware and perhaps Two Worlds if its actually decent. And Mass Effect will probably eventualy come to PC, but thats at least a year away.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lordlors

how about the witcher? do you think it's gonna be good because i can't seem to telllordlors

can anyone reply to my question?

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts
I like CRPGs with great stories or plot. Is lordlors

sounds to me like you want vampire the masquerade: bloodlines - easily the best single player rpg i've ever played - ever

The Witcher going to be a great game?lordlors

it's certainly looking great, and at the very least it seems it will offer the kind of immersive and player driven plot that so few modern rpgs manage - very high on my watch list

Is it just me or are single player RPGs getting fewer and there are more MMORPGs? I really hate MMORPGs from the bottom of my heart. lordlors

it's not just you - survival of the fittest exists in the electronic world too, new genres evolve out of older genres, and if they are well equipped to survive in the economic and cultural environment, they thrive, and it is their predecessors they exterminate and replace

3D did it to 2D, action did it to adventure, mmorpg is doing it to rpg - but the genre is far from dead, as games like the witcher and dragon age attest

check out bloodlines, it won't disappoint (just be sure to patch first!)

humbugdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 humbugdude
Member since 2004 • 278 Posts

Too bad you're skipping out on Oblivion. The best-looking game you can have in terms of single player only besides Bioshock (kindof an RPG but more like action) on thatmachine of yours

Sir-Azeryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sir-Azeryk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

After seeing a gameplay rolling demo is looks pretty good and is getting a ncie amount of hype from most sites and magazines, it'll be hard to get a good opinion until the reviews start coming in on the gameplay and how the action really is.

But I'm waiting for it :D

domke13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 domke13
Member since 2006 • 2891 Posts

Geneforge and its sequels have been coming out in the past few years from an indie company and they're fantastic RPGs, and you can even get them all for $30. Be warned though, graphics whores are not going to be pleased. If you want a great RPG, get Geneforge, if you want to be distracted by shiny things, play Oblivion or look at the sun.YourOldFriend

May i ask who is women in your sig and avatar??? :D

shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

KOTOR 1 and 2

jasoncesario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 jasoncesario
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
One game will satisfy all ur wants and needs GOTHIC 3............do not listen to any reviews..........
xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="DHReese"]Two Worlds if its actually decentQUOTE]

I would stayaway from Two Worlds. Its getting a lot of bad reviews

G3XOI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 G3XOI
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
What about the Lord of The Rings? If they can be classed as RPG..
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
You say you want a very good looking epic SP RPG and then you say that you don't care about the only game that's applicable. Is this thread a joke?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

lordlors
yeah, I think they said 30 hours.
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts

The best RPG's are sadly pretty old.

Like, 7-15 years old.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Yeah I haven't played a really good CRPG since KotOR 2 and even that wasn't quite as good as the original since they rushed it out too early. NWN2 was ok, but had alot of technical problems that made it run realy slow and crash all the time on my system so I never finished it.

Oblivion didn't have a good story or and epic feel to it, they were just pandering to the "I want to do what I want when I want crowd" which IMO is no substitute for a good story. I am just waiting and hoping Mass Effect will get released for the PC in 6 months or so like Jade Empires and Dragon Age looks pretty good. Personally I'm not interested in The Witcher since there is no character customization, but thats just a pet peev of mine.

If you haven't played KotOR 2 I would suggest that. But as you said good RPGs with an actual epic story have been severely lackign since the original NWN and it is going to be a while it seems until we get another good one.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lordlors

You say you want a very good looking epic SP RPG and then you say that you don't care about the only game that's applicable. Is this thread a joke?kyrieee

I didn't say I don't care. What are you talking about?

marianox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 marianox1
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
Dungeon Siege 1 & 2, especially 2 because it's beautiful watching monsters blow in pieces. Two Worlds, I'm playing the demo, and I'm really enjoy in it, great graphics. ES IV; Oblivion..... is a good game, but a little SLOW for me, a little too much. Titan's Quest is a GREAT game, the only bad thing is the lack of blood, but definitively i would recommend it.
Avatar image for Carbinesoldier5
Carbinesoldier5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Carbinesoldier5
Member since 2005 • 4361 Posts

Hmm... you should already know that each year that passes, it seems that gameplay on almost all video-games gets dumbed down considerably and developers concentrate more on the technical aspect... Oblivion for example. In the end it just wasn't that good anyway, story sucked, and it was a game you would only play for a while and then come back to it.

This game I'm about to recommend you isn't from 2006 or 2007, but from 2002. You may heard of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? Now, it's graphics are dated (they were some of the best in 2002 though!), but that can be changed with graphical mods, so instead of having the game look like a 2002 game in terms of graphics, you can make it look like a 2004-2005 one.

Here's a shot from my game, modified in graphics (using MGE, and some texture replacers):

Morrowind 2007

The game not only featured nice graphics, but it also has an amazing storyline, and the game is long... maybe somewhat longer than Oblivion. Lots of content, and nice mods come out occasionally. It may be a little old (games are started to considered to be old when they get 6 years since release in my opinion), but is the gameplay that matters more in the end, don't you think? Just try it and see if you like it, or you can try Knights of the old Republic, it has a nice storyline too from what I've gathered.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lordlors
is it compatible with vista? i heard some old games can't be played on vista.
Avatar image for Carbinesoldier5
Carbinesoldier5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Carbinesoldier5
Member since 2005 • 4361 Posts

Maybe, I'm sure it can work with Windows Vista's latest patches. If you can't, search for some program that enables it to run on it.

Just asking, but why do you have Vista?

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I'll be getting an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mb version soon with my LCD monitor with a maximum resolution of 1280x1024. Is there any good single player RPGs that you can reccomend out there that are either from last year 2006 or this year 2007 that can complement with the video card? I have already finished Neverwinter Nights 2 and I'm not interested in Oblivion. I like CRPGs with great stories or plot. Is The Witcher going to be a great game? Are there any good upcoming CRPGs aside from NWN 2:Mask of The Betrayer and The Witcher?

Is it just me or are single player RPGs getting fewer and there are more MMORPGs? I really hate MMORPGs from the bottom of my heart.

lordlors

I think you are me, we have the same gpu, monitor size, like nwn2, looking forward to mask of the betrayer, interested but not hyped about the witcher, and hate mmo's

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

lordlors

PCs have never before (and probably won't ever) flourish in the land of the RPGs. If you want that, buy a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lordlors

Maybe, I'm sure it can work with Windows Vista's latest patches. If you can't, search for some program that enables it to run on it.

Just asking, but why do you have Vista?

Carbinesoldier5

for directx 10 and to complement the video card.

[QUOTE="lordlors"]

Skullheart

PCs have never before (and probably won't ever) flourish in the land of the RPGs. If you want that, buy a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

You may be right but I love CRPGs such as Diablo, Nox, NWN,etc. I started playing RPGs with Diablo 2 as I was a PC only gamer back in N64 days until this gen I owned a Wii. I just started console gaming this gen with the wii so I have yet to experience RPGs on consoles. There's only one franchise that I really love outside PCs which is the legendary Final Fantasy series. PCs may never flourish in the land of RPGs but I love CRPGs because I started with them. They're mainly western RPGs and they're totally epic.

froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts
[QUOTE="lordlors"]

Skullheart

BG, BG2

Dragon Age