Simply WOW or WAR ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mert15_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mert15_2004
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

I play wow for a while but i am bored.

did any of u play Warhammer online?

please tell me if it's better than WOW or worth to get.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

*sigh* More of these threads.

If you want info about Warhammer online Google it. Thats what googles used for. :P

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

I play wow for a while but i am bored.

did any of u play Warhammer online?

please tell me if it's better than WOW or worth to get.

mert15_2004

I played WoW from launch up until i reached 70 on BC. I can honestly say i like WAR more. I was always a fan of PvP so WAR is amazing in that respect.

I also love the fact you can take part in public quests without having to stand and look for a group for half hour like in WoW. You simply run into a public quest area and join in. At the end of the quest once the boss is defeated it calculates everyones contribution and gives you a bonus to a random generated score. You then get the loot based on that. Great idea and i love it.

The PvP is very exciting and great fun. The Tomb of knowledge is also very addictive. Its kind of a book that tracks your progression through the game, you get xp from unlocking parts in it and threse alone can become addictive. Its kind of like achievments. The game is just amazing imo.

If you are familiar with WoW you can jump straight in and play as the ui and controls are pretty much the same, don't think the game itself is like WoW though, it sisn't, its far deeper imo and more exciting. Its also not about how good your armour or weapons are like WoW which makes it more about having fun.

Hope that helped.

RingX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RingX5
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts

Simple put its not better then WoW but just different...war is to wow what aoc was to eq....just a quirky pvp alternative

If u played wow for the raiding, war might not be for u...but if u loved battelgrounds and general pvp war certainly outshines wow in regard to that

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

War if you like to level up through RvR and scenarios, the game is still new so you might want to wait for it sometime for it to get some patches to fix some bugs.

Wow if you like pve, raids and dungoens... also check the arena, if your into that kind of pvp then wow is for you.

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

Simple put its not better then WoW but just different...war is to wow what aoc was to eq....just a quirky pvp alternative

If u played wow for the raiding, war might not be for u...but if u loved battelgrounds and general pvp war certainly outshines wow in regard to that

RingX5

Whose says its not better than WoW? That's more of a subjective stance....

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="RingX5"]

comstrikeiscool

Whose says its not better than WoW? That's more of a subjective stance....

Well who says it is better than WoW? That's also a more of a subjective stance.

Bottom line, WAR is fun, but so is WoW. They are different games. I wouldn't say one is "better" than the other. Totally depends on what sort of thing you like doing.

WoW has a lot of stuff going for it. Trade skills seem to be leaps and bounds better in WoW than WAR, but of course WAR is really all about combat, so I can see why the tradeskill department is lacking.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of these threads. If you can't make up your mind after reading all the info and watching the gameplay movies, well then I'm not quite sure what to tell you people.

If you like PvP and MMO's like WoW, then you'll probably love WAR

Phenom316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phenom316
Member since 2008 • 1650 Posts

Haha, easily Warhammer Online.

Im not gonna get into this. But from someone who has burned tens of thousands of hours with MMOs, trust me, WAR is thee MMO.

Vastano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Vastano
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts

Don't get me wrong, WAR is good, however my cousins told me that it's just like WoW, just better PvP. Just depends on what you prefer...PvP or PvE.

But, I think you should just try it out, 'cause you might have a different opinion to me.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Im not gonna get into this. But from someone who has burned tens of thousands of hours with MMOs, trust me, WAR is thee MMO.

Phenom316

Actually you are going to have to go into it. Because as someone,who like you, has burned tens of thousands of hours in MMO's, I think War is mediocre. Very mediocre.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
[QUOTE="Phenom316"]

Johnny_Rock

Actually you are going to have to go into it. Because as someone,who like you, has burned tens of thousands of hours in MMO's, I think War is mediocre. Very mediocre.

You, who are a WOW fanboy thinks WAR is mediocre ... OK good to know.

TC WAR is great, deeper than WoW and it just came out. I've been playing it non-stop since it came out (two level 20's Zealot and Magus), so much content that is actually very fun to complete. None of this BS go collect random teeth for no reason, everything has a great backstory that makes you actually want to finish some quests just to read what happens. The RvR system is revolutionary, everything done in game though helps your faction win the WAR for reasons you can read about on WAR's official site. It's a must try if you're any kind of MMO fan, especially if you like the fantasy setting with quirky twists (there are some seriously funny moments in the WAR universe, but also perverse ... awesome stuff)

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="Phenom316"]

SimpJee

You, who are a WOW fanboy thinks WAR is mediocre ... OK good to know.

TC WAR is great, deeper than WoW and it just came out. I've been playing it non-stop since it came out (two level 20's Zealot and Magus), so much content that is actually very fun to complete. None of this BS go collect random teeth for no reason, everything has a great backstory that makes you actually want to finish some quests just to read what happens. The RvR system is revolutionary, everything done in game though helps your faction win the WAR for reasons you can read about on WAR's official site. It's a must try if you're any kind of MMO fan, especially if you like the fantasy setting with quirky twists (there are some seriously funny moments in the WAR universe, but also perverse ... awesome stuff)

How is it deeper.....

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SimpJee

How is it deeper.....

PC360Wii

Quests (every quest has an influence on RvR), and a few other things such as leveling via whatever method you want. You can level totally via RvR, soley PvE, or a mixture of both. Although like I said PvE effects the RvR and other benefits given to all.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Johnny_Rock
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

How is it deeper.....

SimpJee

Quests (every quest has an influence on RvR), and a few other things such as leveling via whatever method you want. You can level totally via RvR, soley PvE, or a mixture of both. Although like I said PvE effects the RvR and other benefits given to all.

Unfortunately, quests affecting RVR is only a bonus to anyone that cares to play RVR.

And the fact that they artificially make combat "deeper" by elevating peoples HP's (thus making each combat longer) is another way to lengthen a game that has little meat to it outside of RVR. BTW, has Mythic learned how to make a decent dungeon yet? The ones in DaoC were simply pathetic.

And I don't play WoW anymore. UO is the best MMO out there. There is no leveling. It's a pure skill based system that is more fun to me than any lvl based MMO.

Glad you got your facts about me straight... :roll:

LifesonFan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LifesonFan2112
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
The community is better in WoW. Chatting is non-existant in WAR. It's the strangest thing to play in an MMO and not see a single person say a single word. Even if you try to intiate a conversation, nobody replies. It took me a while to figure out who were the NPC's and who were the actual players because you would expect other human players to speak. I have a butchering technique which allows me to butcher the carcus of a dead animal. It says the stuff I butcher can be used by people of other professions. But how do you trade between professions if people do not speak? In WoW, you often see people link to their gear for sale or trade; don't expect that in WAR.
crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

I think WoW's UI, trade system, professions, and many other small features still keep it at a higher level than War in terms of complexity. I believe Warhammer is a good game but within a year or so players are going to be sick of the same RvR with no PvE or other unseen complaints that the end game will possess.

I can see the crying now. "Warhammer sucks, I'm sick of the same RvR over and over again, I'm switching to *insert MMO*"

Yes, Warhammer is a good game, but it is destined to be another flop MMO. People who say they are loving it haven't even played the end game yet.

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

I think WoW's UI, trade system, professions, and many other small features still keep it at a higher level than War in terms of complexity. I believe Warhammer is a good game but within a year or so players are going to be sick of the same RvR with no PvE or other unseen complaints that the end game will possess.

I can see the crying now. "Warhammer sucks, I'm sick of the same RvR over and over again, I'm switching to *insert MMO*"

Yes, Warhammer is a good game, but it is destined to be another flop MMO. People who say they are loving it haven't even played the end game yet.

crazymaghie123

Why would people get sick of RVR when the game is made for RVR? That's like saying people will get sick of raiding dungeons for hours on end. The whole point of the game is a war is taking place between two teams until someone can sack the capital city. Why would you want heavier PVE elements in a game that is based on human particapation....

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Johnny_Rock
[QUOTE="crazymaghie123"]

comstrikeiscool

Why would people get sick of RVR when the game is made for RVR? That's like saying people will get sick of raiding dungeons for hours on end. The whole point of the game is a war is taking place between two teams until someone can sack the capital city. Why would you want heavier PVE elements in a game that is based on human particapation....

And many do. Look at the WoW message boards to see examples. People will always get tired of repetition after a while. Also, limiting the appeal of the game to RVR only is going to severely limit the amount of players willing to only do that type of gameplay. Smaller playerbase makes for emptier MMO worlds.

Avatar image for Makey-Gibraltar
Makey-Gibraltar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Makey-Gibraltar
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts
The simple answer is : Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning
crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
You can't really say that Warhammer is better when it has been out 10 days. MMOs last years. You can't say that its better than WoW which has been highly fun and popular for the last four years.
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
In my opinion WAR is better, regardless of what anyone says it's a good game, check it out, and give it a chance.
fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fatzebra
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
[QUOTE="Phenom316"]

Johnny_Rock

Actually, Johnny, he doesn't have to do anything. There is this thing called "free will" might wanna check it out sometime, it's kinda neat.

Anyway, I'm on the fence of buying WAR. City of heroes has my attention at the moment.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Johnny_Rock

fatzebra

Actually, Johnny, he doesn't have to do anything. There is this thing called "free will" might wanna check it out sometime, it's kinda neat.

Anyway, I'm on the fence of buying WAR. City of heroes has my attention at the moment.

Uh, if he wants anyone to take him at his word he will. I for one am not trusting anyone "just on their word". Where did this free will thing come from? Go away.

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Quick answer is WAR until 13th of Novemeber then WOW until resiliance ruins PVP again

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

PvE (Raiding) is a dieing fad in MMOs now since most casuals see it as a GIANT time sink and some even believe its like a 2nd job where you don't get paid.

The pvp in WoW is simply mediocre at best, I don't blame them since WoW is a PvE/Raiding based game.While WAR pve is mediocre at best (talking about dungeons) but excels at PvP.

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts
both I'm getting war hammer the month of october and I will continue to play wow once Wothlk comes out time to dust off the lv 70 pally.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SimpJee

Johnny_Rock

When did you quit WOW? Like a month ago :roll: ? Also UO is great yes, but unfortunately it's rather old so not many will play it. I did play it about a month ago, did the free trial and I just couldn't find a group of people I liked enough to stick around.

JokerFoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JokerFoxx
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

The simple answer is : Warhammer Online : Age of ReckoningMakey-Gibraltar

Amen to that brother !

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SimpJee

And many do. Look at the WoW message boards to see examples. People will always get tired of repetition after a while. Also, limiting the appeal of the game to RVR only is going to severely limit the amount of players willing to only do that type of gameplay. Smaller playerbase makes for emptier MMO worlds.

Johnny_Rock

You really have not played WAR at all if you think it's all RvR. Everything effects RvR, but you can choose to play only PvE and be totally fine and level up to 40 just as easily as a person who does some RvR.

PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts
[QUOTE="Phenom316"]

Johnny_Rock

And what is your reasoning? More and more you appear to me as a person with a big mouth (post count?) yet not very supported by evidence.

crazymaghie123

Have YOU? Because I have in Closed Beta. There are going to be a lot of jaws dropping when players set their eyes on Praag for the first time. Even more when they raid a fortress for the first time.

How is it deeper..... PC360Wii

The fact that the Warhammer universe has been around for 25 years alone says that there's more lore, more definition than the WarCraft definition. That is reflected in WAR.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC360Wii
[QUOTE="crazymaghie123"]

comstrikeiscool

And how is focusing on the same old city raid going to help future content updates? what is going to happen with the endgame?

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PC360Wii

PunishedOne

And what is your reasoning? More and more you appear to me as a person with a big mouth (post count?) yet not very supported by evidence.

crazymaghie123

Have YOU? Because I have in Closed Beta. There are going to be a lot of jaws dropping when players set their eyes on Praag for the first time. Even more when they raid a fortress for the first time.

And then it suffers the same problems as any MMO, first time is great, everything after is "meh".

How is it deeper..... PC360Wii

The fact that the Warhammer universe has been around for 25 years alone says that there's more lore, more definition than the WarCraft definition. That is reflected in WAR.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz come back to me when that 25 years of storytelling and tabletop translate into a single WARHAMMER game.... your idea of "Deeper" doesnt exist in ANY WAR related game bar the table top, which is seperate from the video games.

WAR in its current state is not any deeper than any other MMO.... infact, its quite the opposite.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Johnny_Rock
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

SimpJee

You really have not played WAR at all if you think it's all RvR. Everything effects RvR, but you can choose to play only PvE and be totally fine and level up to 40 just as easily as a person who does some RvR.

It's not all RvR, but all the levelling outside of RvR is the same as any other level based MMO. I am not going to say it's a WoW clone (though it's close), but there is nothing OUTSIDE OF RVR that makes it all that different from WoW. And, like I've said in this thread before, I am really done with leveling based MMO's. It's all the same game with a different packaging.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

How is it deeper.....

Johnny_Rock

Unfortunately, quests affecting RVR is only a bonus to anyone that cares to play RVR.

And the fact that they artificially make combat "deeper" by elevating peoples HP's (thus making each combat longer) is another way to lengthen a game that has little meat to it outside of RVR. BTW, has Mythic learned how to make a decent dungeon yet? The ones in DaoC were simply pathetic.

And I don't play WoW anymore. UO is the best MMO out there. There is no leveling. It's a pure skill based system that is more fun to me than any lvl based MMO.

uh... actually fights are far shorter in WAR, and people have far fewer HP than in WOW...

glad you got your facts about WAR straight... :roll:

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

Johnny_Rock

It's not all RvR, but all the levelling outside of RvR is the same as any other level based MMO. I am not going to say it's a WoW clone (though it's close), but there is nothing OUTSIDE OF RVR that makes it all that different from WoW. And, like I've said in this thread before, I am really done with leveling based MMO's. It's all the same game with a different packaging.

except for public quests, world PVP (which never happens in WOW anymore), faster gameplay, a more adaptable and customizable user interface, a very robust guild/alliance system...

once again, glad you got your facts straight about WAR... :roll:

PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz come back to me when that 25 years of storytelling and tabletop translate into a single WARHAMMER game.... your idea of "Deeper" doesnt exist in ANY WAR related game bar the table top, which is seperate from the video games.

WAR in its current state is not any deeper than any other MMO.... infact, its quite the opposite.

PC360Wii

So what the hell is thehttp://www.warhammeronline.com/english/behindTheScenes/developmentDiaries/TomeofKnowledge.php?