Showcase your rigs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Those are glorious!!! However, my tiny little 720p laptop screen does not quite fully capture the magnificence... :(

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 BeerMage
Member since 2009 • 267 Posts

I JUST posted my setup! Here's for a repost! Not as nice as many people's, but I'm enjoying everything that it's giving me! :P Nice setups that everyone else is rockin!

008_zps5ac1d45a.jpg

soolkiki

A bit late but I think you are not using your memory in dual channel mode. Maybe I'm wrong because I never owned an Asrock product but as far as I know you are supposed to cover 1-3 or 2-4 if you have two dimms.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 soolkiki

I had heard that, but then I had also heard that with newer boards it didn't matter. My computer still reads them fine, so unless there is some long term damage being done, I think I'll leave them. Thanks for pointing it out though! :)

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 BeerMage

I had heard that, but then I had also heard that with newer boards it didn't matter. My computer still reads them fine, so unless there is some long term damage being done, I think I'll leave them. Thanks for pointing it out though! :)

soolkiki

You can just take a quick look at cpu-z and see if it's running in dual channel.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 soolkiki

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

BeerMage

You can just take a quick look at cpu-z and see if it's running in dual channel.

you're right. It's in single. What are the benefits of dual?

EDIT: Not only that, but it's waaayyyy under the advertized clock of 1600. Or is that simply because of it just sitting on the desktop?

Untitled_zps42d4be11.png

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="BeerMage"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

soolkiki

you're right. It's in single. What are the benefits of dual?

EDIT: Not only that, but it's waaayyyy under the advertized clock of 1600. Or is that simply because of it just sitting on the desktop?

Untitled_zps42d4be11.png

you need to set the speed/timings in the BIOS. its currently defaulted to 1333. DDR = double data rate. so 667*2 = 1333. Short version - Dual channel has increased through put bandwidth over single.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 soolkiki

oookay, so it sounds like I need to do a bit of tweaking. I'll change them to dual channel. Also, how would I go about changing the voltage to make it 1600? Are there any good guides that I could use?

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 soolkiki

Just changed my slots and now it says dual. :)

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 darksusperia

oookay, so it sounds like I need to do a bit of tweaking. I'll change them to dual channel. Also, how would I go about changing the voltage to make it 1600? Are there any good guides that I could use?

soolkiki
In your BIOS will be a setting to configure the speed, set it to 1600 if that is what your RAM is. Then will be DRAM configuration, set your timings, specified on the ram modules to the same as specified if its not detected correctly. You could also use the xmp profile. You only need to change the DRAM voltage if more then 1.5v is needed, again, this will be specified on the ram modules.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 soolkiki

Okay, cool! I'll try that tomorrow. :) Thanks!

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 BeerMage

Don't change any voltage/timings. Just set your memory profile to XMP.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
I got my Bitfenix Prodigy today :D Will post pics later.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 darksusperia
I got my Bitfenix Prodigy today :D Will post pics later.clyde46
sweet!
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 soolkiki

BeerMage

Is that like an autoset?? Why should I leave the timing and voltage.

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BeerMage

[QUOTE="BeerMage"]

soolkiki

Yes it is a preset made by the manufacturer. If you change volts or timings it may cause instability in your system. Just go into your bios and set your memory to XMP.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
And my computer no longer downclocks to 1.6 like it used to before. :roll: I thought Asus made good mobos...
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 soolkiki

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="BeerMage"]

BeerMage

Yes it is a preset made by the manufacturer. If you change volts or timings it may cause instability in your system. Just go into your bios and set your memory to XMP.

I'll try that, thanks. 

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 soolkiki

The XMP Profile worked. :) Thanks, guys! Next I just need to get a decent cooler for my CPU and OC that! :D

Untitled_zps947eeda8.png

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
And my computer no longer downclocks to 1.6 like it used to before. :roll: I thought Asus made good mobos... horgen123
Have you looked at all the power saving settings in the BIOS?
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts

Already posted in old thread so figured I'd do it again.:P This is my very first build and yes I still haven't gone back to clean up my cable management. Also been thinking of upgrading to a second 670 since I got my taxes back a couple of mounths ago.

i5 3570k, MSI Z77A-GD65, 8 GB Ripjaws, MSI gtx 670 PE, 1 TB Samsung HD, 120 GB Crucial SSD, Asus Xonar Essense STX, Corsair 750HX, Corsair 600T

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

The XMP Profile worked. :) Thanks, guys! Next I just need to get a decent cooler for my CPU and OC that! :Dsoolkiki

Yeah...kind of a waste to run an unlocked processor at stock speeds in a way.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

evilgamer22

Nice desk, so you can see the guts of your PC easily.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 FaustArp

I never did post a picture of my monitor.  

I went with headphones for gaming and paired them with a USB DAC + Amplifier:

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#174 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I've been shopping around for a DAC. May I ask which one you are using there? THanks in advance!

How would you rate your new HP monitor?  Btw, it looks great.  

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 soolkiki

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

The XMP Profile worked. :) Thanks, guys! Next I just need to get a decent cooler for my CPU and OC that! :DFaustArp

Yeah, it really is. I'll be doing that this summer, so expect some threads asking questions on what I need to do when OCing!

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 darksusperia

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

The XMP Profile worked. :) Thanks, guys! Next I just need to get a decent cooler for my CPU and OC that! :Dsoolkiki

Yeah, it really is. I'll be doing that this summer, so expect some threads asking questions on what I need to do when OCing!

Everything you need to know in one place
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 FaustArp

I've been shopping around for a DAC. May I ask which one you are using there? THanks in advance!

Elann2008

I'm using a FiiO E7 docked in a FiiO E9.  Paired with the headphones I grabbed I think it sounds great.  There are higher quality DACs you can get though.  I was buying a lot of stuff at once and didn't want to break the bank.  I'm happy with it.

Thanks, I love the HP!  :D

1600p is amazing.  I would give it a 9/10.  It would get a 10/10 if it's black levels matched those of my plasma.  The black levels are still good though, and I'm very pleased with how my games look on it.  One of the best things I've ever done for my PC gaming experience...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

FaustArp

I'm using a FiiO E7 docked in a FiiO E9.  Paired with the headphones I grabbed I think it sounds great.  There are higher quality DACs you can get though.  I was buying a lot of stuff at once and didn't want to break the bank.  I'm happy with it.

1600p is amazing.  I would give it a 9/10.  It would get a 10/10 if it's black levels matched those of my plasma.  The black levels are still good though, and I'm very pleased with how my games look on it.  One of the best things I've ever done for my PC gaming experience...

Man, that is incredible. Not sure when I should break the bank, but I need to move to a new city first before I do anything big like that. It's the main reason I've been holding off on the monitor but I'll definitely keep the HP monitor up there on my list. There aren't many (good) 1600p monitors anyways. But it's great to know coming from another first-hand user. I'm going to check out the FiiO. Thanks.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 soolkiki

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

darksusperia

Oh sweet goodness! hahaha I'll take advantage of this!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Elann2008

[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="soolkiki"]Yeah, it really is. I'll be doing that this summer, so expect some threads asking questions on what I need to do when OCing!

soolkiki

I love overclock.net :D
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 FaustArp

[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="soolkiki"]Yeah, it really is. I'll be doing that this summer, so expect some threads asking questions on what I need to do when OCing!

soolkiki

I love overclocking a processor, I think it's actually a lot of fun.  To me the fun lies in the element of not knowing how lucky you got with your silicon, and seeing just how far you can get it to go.  A very satisfying feeling every time you get it stable just a bit faster haha.  :)

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 darksusperia

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="darksusperia"] Everything you need to know in one placeFaustArp

I love overclocking a processor, I think it's actually a lot of fun.  To me the fun lies in the element of not knowing how lucky you got with your silicon, and seeing just how far you can get it to go.  A very satisfying feeling every time you get it stable just a bit faster haha.  :)

I agree, its a damn lottery. Did you get golden silicon or just regular stainless steel ;)
nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]Oh sweet goodness! hahaha I'll take advantage of this!

darksusperia

I agree, its a damn lottery. Did you get golden silicon or just regular stainless steel ;)

Agreed, I think my 2500k is pretty solid. I've seen many others try to get 5.0GHz with no luck. Some benchmarks will even let me get through @ 5.2GHz. (ie: Valley 1.0) But I do have to crank up the voltage pretty high for that. I won't be going much higher. I know the H220 helps a lot, which is why I wanted it. :)

Hoping to upgrade to a 4570k or 4770k if/when I get the funds. Won't be right away obviously, but it should be a nice upgrade from this. (New mobo as well of course)

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

darksusperia

Agreed, I think my 2500k is pretty solid. I've seen many others try to get 5.0GHz with no luck. Some benchmarks will even let me get through @ 5.2GHz. (ie: Valley 1.0) But I do have to crank up the voltage pretty high for that. I won't be going much higher. I know the H220 helps a lot, which is why I wanted it. :)

Hoping to upgrade to a 4570k or 4770k if/when I get the funds. Won't be right away obviously, but it should be a nice upgrade from this. (New mobo as well of course)

5.2 GHz holy crap!!  :o  Yeah, I can't hit 5.0 no matter what, but mine isn't on water either.

I hope to upgrade as well, I have my eye on a 4930k when Ivy-E comes out, and this time I want water.  I'm thinking about H100i Quiet Ed.  Any opinions on that cooler?

I've actually agreed to teach 3 classes this summer semester to fund it...priorities, ya know?  :P Lol.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]Oh sweet goodness! hahaha I'll take advantage of this!

darksusperia

I didn't get the best 2600k ever binned, but I did OK-ish.  I'm stable @ 4.4 GHz, and can bench some stuff like 3DMark @ 4.8 GHz.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

old pics, all i have currently..  i've since updated the gpu ( no longer under water ), ram and processor ( same waterblock for cpu )

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

5.2 GHz holy crap!!  :o  Yeah, I can't hit 5.0 no matter what, but mine isn't on water either.

I hope to upgrade aswell, I have my eye on a 4930k when Ivy-E comes out, and this time I want water.  I'm thinking about H100i Quiet Ed.  Any opinions on that cooler?FaustArp

Love this 2500k, it's done well for itself.

About the H100i, yeah it's OK, but if you can, I'd definitely recommend getting the H220 when you can find it in stock somewhere. It's still a great AIO cooler (maintenece free), so you don't have to expand it, but at least you know you have the option to at any time. ;)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16541 Check that thread for your CPU batch number, it should give you an insight into how good your chip is. My batch number is L042B076 which is a 2600K and going off these numbers, is capable of 5GHz+ L042B076 # 0060: 5322 MHz # 0766: 5500 MHz # 0799: 5731 MHz # 0993: 5757 MHz # 1086: 5681 MHz
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 kraken2109

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Elann2008

Man, that is incredible. Not sure when I should break the bank, but I need to move to a new city first before I do anything big like that. It's the main reason I've been holding off on the monitor but I'll definitely keep the HP monitor up there on my list. There aren't many (good) 1600p monitors anyways. But it's great to know coming from another first-hand user. I'm going to check out the FiiO. Thanks.

Check out Schiit too, they make a nice looking budget amp and dac for $99 each

modi_02.jpg

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Elann2008
^ I will definitely read up on the Schiit. Thanks man. :-)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 kraken2109
^ I will definitely read up on the Schiit. Thanks man. :-)Elann2008
Never heard them, they just look so pretty. I also like the way they're made in the USA rather than Chinese sweat shops etc :P
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#193 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Great monitor FaustArp, looks awesome, and I just got my new monitor today, gonna update in a bit.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mitu123

There's tiny bit of backlight bleeding on the right, or at least some kind of glow that's hardly noticeable, other than that along with the stand, it's great, no dead or stuck pixels! And this thing overclocks like a BEAST! Got 80hz, 96, and 120hz with zero problems. I tricked it into thinking it's a Catleap when it's actually a Qnix, lol.

iHl01wad6OCpS.JPG

iAwOP4KbIVrWv.JPG

imq016IzDdc0v.JPG

iJILPpiQlPUMl.JPG

mrmarrero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#195 mrmarrero
Member since 2007 • 343 Posts

I never did post a picture of my monitor.

FaustArp

Looks like the same monitor I'm running. It's amazing, right? Glad you're enjoying it!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Elann2008
Any reason why you purchased a Qnix, Mitu? I never heard of it, but then again, I don't know much on Asian brand monitors. How much was it? Have you given it a test run on any games? I'd like to see how it runs with MSI afterburner stats going.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mitu123

Just tried 120hz for the 1st time...holy crap, it's so insanely smooth!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mitu123

Any reason why you purchased a Qnix, Mitu? I never heard of it, but then again, I don't know much on Asian brand monitors. How much was it? Have you given it a test run on any games? I'd like to see how it runs with MSI afterburner stats going.Elann2008
Price($341 bucks), overclocking, got tired of 1200p, etc.

I tried BF3 at 120hz...just insanely smooth, it's so unreal.O_o

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Any reason why you purchased a Qnix, Mitu? I never heard of it, but then again, I don't know much on Asian brand monitors. How much was it? Have you given it a test run on any games? I'd like to see how it runs with MSI afterburner stats going.mitu123

Price($341 bucks), overclocking, got tired of 1200p, etc.

I tried BF3 at 120hz...just insanely smooth, it's so unreal.O_o

1440p @ 120Hz. Holy teenage mutant ninja turtles. But why the Qnix? Is it a reliable brand? Curious, i might get that too if you are liking it a lot and it's quality.

From what I've read:  The HP ZR30w monitor doesn't have a scaler so = less latency.  Hmm.  But man, $1,100.. Whoosh.

Edit:  I think it will come down to these two --->   U3011 vs HP ZR30w.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]^ I will definitely read up on the Schiit. Thanks man. :-)kraken2109
Never heard them, they just look so pretty. I also like the way they're made in the USA rather than Chinese sweat shops etc :P

Yeah mate. They look very clean. I, too, prefer made in USA products, especially when they are good.