Should i pick Bioshock up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
I've been wondering about this game cause i've heard it has many flaws and stuff, i have a widescreen and i've read that it makes trouble, and is it really brutal? if u can answer these questions i'll be thankful
firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 firefly026
Member since 2005 • 3270 Posts
Yes, you should. It's not a demanding game, and the widescreen hack Racer made takes care of the FOV issue.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

I've been wondering about this game cause i've heard it has many flaws and stuff, i have a widescreen and i've read that it makes trouble, and is it really brutal? if u can answer these questions i'll be thankful1kalli1

I have yet to run into any flaws. Bioshock is an awesome game with a cool story.

TargetDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TargetDog
Member since 2003 • 10076 Posts
Yes, it's a fantastic, fun, and atmospheric game.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
It would have been better if you could rent it.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts
Yes, it'sa fantastic game.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.BounceDK

If someone installs the game, then upgrades their processor or graphics card, then they can no longer play the game?

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts

[QUOTE="BounceDK"]It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.Herrick

If someone installs the game, then upgrades their processor or graphics card, then they can no longer play the game?

That's correct. 2K did say that you could just uninstall the game and then install it again on a new pc or your upgraded one, but countless of reviewers had issues the minute they tried doing that. So it's locked to your pc for good. However they are talking about making some sort of owner transfer thing, so if you wanna sell it you have to remove yourself from the owner list or something. But that's just talk currently, I doubt they'll actually make it happen.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
Yeah, I've heard about people being unable to install the game multiple times. This is extremely unfair to those who sell their old games. They really should come up with that owner transfer thing so people can sell the game when they're done with it.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
my friend got it and said it crashed some 4 times throught the campaign and had some glitches and some loading issues, but he still really loved the game.
Rayze78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Rayze78
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
I upgrade my PC all the time, so I guess the PC version is out of the question. But maybe the 360 version....
beckoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#13 beckoflight
Member since 2006 • 848 Posts
Let me put it to you this way .... i've just finished as a good guy ..... & it didn;t take me 24 hours & i'm replaying as a bad guy just for the dpeth of the story !
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#14 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
don't buy it
sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.BounceDK

Great, now I here this, tomorrow my new gfx card arrives and I already have the game installed :(

If my copy doesn't work 2K gets a message from my lawyer, it's just goddamn illegal, it's my right als a consumer to use my product 1 million times if I want to, if not they have to put a mark on their product to let the consumer know there is a limited number of uses (Bioshock doesn't have it (I just checked:D))

firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firefly026
Member since 2005 • 3270 Posts

[QUOTE="BounceDK"]It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.sasjebus

Great, now I here this, tomorrow my new gfx card arrives and I already have the game installed :(

I believe 2K said you can upgrade everything on your computer except the motherboard. Changing your video card shouldn't be a problem.
sammilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sammilo
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts
No
VaioAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VaioAS
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts

wow, just wow, The truth is that you can have 2 installs of the game at any given time at the moment. You can upgrade you're PC all you wish.

The only limit is you cant have more then 2 installs of this game, that means you cant have it on 3 computers or have 4 installs on one PC. I enjoyed the game and had no issues aside from the FOV issue, an unacceptable issue in 2007 I might add. But there is a patch coming and there are unoffical solutions you can use so It's not that big a deal at this point.

There sure is alot of BS in this thread though...

Sardonacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sardonacus
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
If you like FPS's then yes, by all means, get Bioshock. I'm playing my 3rd time thru and still enjoying it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
I'm already a bit bored of it, but Bioshock's a good game, though it's really nothing to be excited about.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
good game crappy DRM... From what I've heard on other forums alot of people that bought it, ended up just going with an illegal version since it's easier.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
It's a good game but didn't live up to the hype for me.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="Herrick"]

[QUOTE="BounceDK"]It has installation limits (2 or 5), it's locked to your hardware (you can't sell it to anyone, you can't upgrade your pc). Good stuff indeed. I got my copy but returned it. They can keep their crap for all I care.BounceDK

That's correct. 2K did say that you could just uninstall the game and then install it again on a new pc or your upgraded one, but countless of reviewers had issues the minute they tried doing that. So it's locked to your pc for good. However they are talking about making some sort of owner transfer thing, so if you wanna sell it you have to remove yourself from the owner list or something. But that's just talk currently, I doubt they'll actually make it happen.

I love it when people talk out of their butts.

Elite_Rendog92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elite_Rendog92
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

don't buy itOld_Gooseberry

Must you troll, provide something to justify your comments.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
BUY IT!!! I was one of them who weren't too excited about this game, even after the demo... But for some reason, I still bought the game and after playing a little longer I loved it... The way you interact with the environment, the graphics, the story,the ambiance..It's just a different experience...and deserve to be played