Saints Row 2 hitching when driving

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

How the heck am I suppose to drive with the graphics skipping frames all over. Frame rates are fine in the 40s but when driving its like 4 frames are skipped every 3 seconds. Herky jerky driving.

I'm guessing its bad port but what hardware upgrade might solve or over come this hitching? Did anyone play this game perfectly smooth 100% of the time if so what system specs?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's broken, that's "normal", sadly you can't fix it.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Nope, it does have a sort of fix. If you have Vista/7, it'll fix the problem pretty much completely. If you have XP like me, scroll down a few posts for a fix that doesn't completely remedy the problem, but does help it a LOT.

Here is the fix

and then HERE is the Gentlemen of the Row mod that adds a ton of bugfixes and awesome content. Get it. Seriously.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Nope, it does have a sort of fix. If you have Vista/7, it'll fix the problem pretty much completely. If you have XP like me, scroll down a few posts for a fix that doesn't completely remedy the problem, but does help it a LOT.

Here is the fix

and then HERE is the Gentlemen of the Row mod that adds a ton of bugfixes and awesome content. Get it. Seriously.

Fusionmix
The fix did absolutely nothing for me on 7, but thanks for the mod, I might install it again soon :P.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The game is probably one of the worst console ports ever.

The game runs very well when your not driving but when you start to drive? Just ridicolous.

Its a shame because the game is actually fun.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Here is the fix

Fusionmix

That does nothing either,p tried it on 3 computers, no difference.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

worst port ever, I still cant even play it. Ill forgive the port team though, only because they also brought us the witcher.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VeryBumpy

Does the game use quad cores well? My dual core is pretty close to maxing out when I run this game possible causing the stuttering.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

My suggestion: play it on a console or don't play it at all.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Yes it happens because the game loads the level. Talk about crap porting. Setting the game to single display perfomance in nvidia control panel and disabling threaded optimization definetly helped.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Does the game use quad cores well? My dual core is pretty close to maxing out when I run this game possible causing the stuttering.

VeryBumpy
Yeah it run the game much better with a quad core. But the truth being said the game does not really use your pc resources, its just demanding. I mean i play gta iv and my cpu fan is making noise to heat the cpu. But in saints row 2, its silent. Its like a checkbox "have a powerfull pc" that does not mean it trully uses the resources though. It just asks for alot without pushing your sytem to work alot to run this game smoothly. I bet thats the reason for the stuttering, because it does not use your system in full speed, so it lags in order to load the levels. Hell sometimes if i go to fast the map infront of me is missing and the game stops my vehicle and i have to wait for a couple seconds for load the map. Not the game freezing for a few seconds or anything, just stop my car to load the map. There was a video in youtube but i cant find it right now. Ill look for it.
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VeryBumpy

So no one actually knows what gross hardware improvement will make this game run smoothly it seems.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

So no one actually knows what gross hardware improvement will make this game run smoothly it seems.

VeryBumpy

Overclocking the cpu to 3.6 ghz helped alot. It wasnt playable at 2.66ghz (i7 920). Oc your cpu as much as u can. and dont play on windows 7.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

If you have a Core i7 or something similar, you can try disabling every other core when playing the game. I used to have the same problem, and it made the game almost unplayable. Disabling the "virtual" cores actually fixed the game's stuttering completely. Same thing for GTA IV, as I suffered from the same problems with it.

It, however, didn't fix the fact that the PC port runs 1.5 times too fast...

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VeryBumpy

I'm beginning to wonder if ANYONE AT ALL was able to run this game perfectly smoothly during all the games activities?! Please chime in if you or you know someone that played this game totally stutter or hitch free.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10445 Posts

I'm beginning to wonder if ANYONE AT ALL was able to run this game perfectly smoothly during all the games activities?! Please chime in if you or you know someone that played this game totally stutter or hitch free.

VeryBumpy

*silence*

;)

definitely not me anyway