Rockstar can go **** themselves...

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

http://au.gamespot.com/news/rockstar-wii-u-pc-versions-of-gtav-up-for-consideration-6400331

PC Version up for consideration? FOR CONSIDERATION?

Guys, I know most of you won't listen to me, but DON'T buy GTAV on consoles, don't keep giving them money when they do this.

They are not worth it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

- said the same thing about gta 4

- said the same thing about san andreas

- said the same....you get the idea

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

wis3boi

^

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I'll still be buying it on the console because I enjoy the game regardless of the platform. Would I prefer it on the PC? Most definitely - but I'm not going to boycott it just because it isn't on the platform I want. Also, a little more on topic as to the article - I doubt it's 'up for consideration' that sounds like marketing speak for "We'll milk the consoles first then release it on the PC further down the line".
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Don't care. I enjoyed Max Payne 3 on PC, so Rockstar is all good with me. Hell, they don't even have to release GTAV on PC. I'll just get it on PS3. I'd like a PC version, but it's no big deal if they don't do it.

But they probably will anyway.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

people need to stop listening to PR nonsense. They didn't announce it for the PC because they want the sales from the console versions first. They did the same thing for GTA4 so why people are freaking out now is abit strange to me.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

After the mess that GTA IV was, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this for PC until it was released and see what kind of performance and optimization it gets. If it even comes to PC.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Eh it'll probably come out sooner or later for the PC, my main concern will be the optimization, don't really want another GtaIV.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I'm still buying it on PS3.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

wis3boi

Very very true.

But I've never seen them say "for consideration". Before it was "we have no news on it at this moment".

Hopefully it comes to PC, but either way I'm sick and tired of their BS. Ubisoft and other companies still bring out their PC versions, even if they take a few more weeks to optimize it (Assassins Creed for example).

And people who are going to buy it on consoles, I understand u want it, but if everyone does this every time there is a GTA, then it's going to keep happening.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Chill the fudge...how can you overreact about every single insignificant thing. They won't officially announce it yet and a while after the game gets released (which isn't exactly close), what do you want to hear, a "No, we aren't going to make a PC version" then suddenly faint when they announce it? To such a reaction all I can say is, get a grip.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Chill the fudge...how can you overreact about every single insignificant thing. They won't officially announce it yet and a while after the game gets released (which isn't exactly close), what do you want to hear, a "No, we aren't going to make a PC version" then suddenly faint when they announce it? To such a reaction all I can say is, get a grip.

I'm not over-reacting, I'm just tired of their BS. (and it's early morning and I have to go to work, maybe that's why I'm reacting, lol) But seriously, Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

FelipeInside

Very very true. But I've never seen them say "for consideration". Before it was "we have no news on it at this moment". Hopefully it comes to PC, but either way I'm sick of tire of their BS. Ubisoft and other companies still bring out their PC versions, even if they take a few more weeks to optimize it (Assassins Creed for example).

I wouldn't worry. There will be a PC version. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes several months later, though. Like, as late as fall next year. Also, yeah, hopefully they spend that time making the PC version halfway decent. GTA4 was, and is still, a mess on PC. I haven't played Max Payne 3 yet, but I've heard the PC version is very well done, so hopefully they've learned, and will do GTA5 right. Either way, the PC version will still be godly when it comes, if for no other reason than MODS!!!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10544 Posts

i'm a gamer first and foremost so ill be buying it for the xbox regardless. pc gaming is my main platform but i won't deprive myself of a game just to make a point.

and like others have said r* have done this before so many times. i'd be amazed if there wasn't a pc release at some point

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

FelipeInside

Very very true.

But I've never seen them say "for consideration". Before it was "we have no news on it at this moment".

Hopefully it comes to PC, but either way I'm sick and tired of their BS. Ubisoft and other companies still bring out their PC versions, even if they take a few more weeks to optimize it (Assassins Creed for example).

And people who are going to buy it on consoles, I understand u want it, but if everyone does this every time there is a GTA, then it's going to keep happening.

Yeah but if it never came out on pc and only on the consoles I wouldn't exactly lose sleep over it
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"FelipeInside

Max Payne 3 got a PC version like 2 weeks later, and, from what I heard, it's well optimized.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

kieran88

Very very true.

Yeah but if it never came out on pc and only on the consoles I wouldn't exactly lose sleep over it

^^THIS^^

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"the_bi99man

Max Payne 3 got a PC version like 2 weeks later, and, from what I heard, it's well optimized.

and also of note, R* really likes their GTA fanbase on PC. Look at their steam group, its always fileld with events for people to play GTA 4 online with the devs and such.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Chill the fudge...how can you overreact about every single insignificant thing. They won't officially announce it yet and a while after the game gets released (which isn't exactly close), what do you want to hear, a "No, we aren't going to make a PC version" then suddenly faint when they announce it? To such a reaction all I can say is, get a grip.FelipeInside
I'm not over-reacting, I'm just tired of their BS. (and it's early morning and I have to go to work, maybe that's why I'm reacting, lol) But seriously, Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"

There are lots of other games to play, I won't obsess over how they aren't releasing it everywhere and on everything at the same time and I personally accept this situation, because the games R* makes, the quality, scope, everything is way above everything else, in a word, unique.

What they offer is an unique thing on the entire market, they can add 9 types of DRM, even DNA authentication and physical exams, make you install 14 3rd party apps, take up 400 gigs and run at 24 frames and I would still get their games retail and on sales on various digital platforms like I always do (have like 3 copies of GTA VC, 3 of SA, 5 of GTA IV and 3 of EFLC), enjoying them more than everything in that year or in a period of several years after the last game they made while considering it the absolute standard of those sort of games.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

i'm a gamer first and foremost so ill be buying it for the xbox regardless. pc gaming is my main platform but i won't deprive myself of a game just to make a point.

and like others have said r* have done this before so many times. i'd be amazed if there wasn't a pc release at some point

Macutchi
i'm with you on this, but i actually won't be purchasing the game on a console because i'm not wasting money and gimping my experience. i'm patient enough to wait for the superior version, especially since my backlog is tremendous right now.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

not releasing this on pc would be a very stupid move and lose them alot of fans.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
I doubt they'd go to the effort of getting their nice new engine working on the PC (Max Payne 3) and then not release GTA5.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

http://au.gamespot.com/news/rockstar-wii-u-pc-versions-of-gtav-up-for-consideration-6400331

PC Version up for consideration? FOR CONSIDERATION?

Guys, I know most of you won't listen to me, but DON'T buy GTAV on consoles, don't keep giving them money when they do this.

They are not worth it.

FelipeInside

They do what exactly ? Make a game for the platforms they think it will sell the most on ?

Can't blame them for that. Maybe if more PC gamers bought GTA it would be on PC day one.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]They do what exactly ? Make a game for the platforms they think it will sell the most on ? Can't blame them for that. Maybe if more PC gamers bought GTA it would be on PC day one.

in all fairness, there was a reason why it didn't sell.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

That sucks. I straight up will not buy this game for consoles. GTA4 was a mess on PS3 and I am not going to deal with that terrible performance again, especially when GTAV looks even larger than GTA4.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

people need to stop listening to PR nonsense. They didn't announce it for the PC because they want the sales from the console versions first. They did the same thing for GTA4 so why people are freaking out now is abit strange to me.

lawlessx
This. And it's always smart to NOT make empty promises they can't keep. Consideration is a very vague word, but hopeful. That's all it is. More than likely, they will release a PC version. I'm sure they made a killing with GTA IV with all those sales on the PC digital front. It would be very silly to not release GTA V on the PC.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]They do what exactly ? Make a game for the platforms they think it will sell the most on ? Can't blame them for that. Maybe if more PC gamers bought GTA it would be on PC day one.yellosnolvr

Yep, before I even had a PC I had heard of how awful the port job was.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"the_bi99man

Was that the same Rockstart as the GTA company or the other Rockstar?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

IF it isn't released on pc, we will prolly get it on ps3.

If it is released on pc, we just hope it is well optimized, with good mod support. For this would be our preferred method.

We prolly won't get it at launch either way, other games with higher priority for us.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Why is it that every other company releases the PC version maybe a few weeks after the console but with Rockstar everyone accepts the whole "We will release it on PC a year after idiots"FelipeInside

Was that the same Rockstart as the GTA company or the other Rockstar?

Max Payne is Rockstar Vancouver with help from North/Toronto and others from Rockstar. GTAIV is Rockstar North/Toronto.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]They do what exactly ? Make a game for the platforms they think it will sell the most on ? Can't blame them for that. Maybe if more PC gamers bought GTA it would be on PC day one.yellosnolvr

What about the ones that aren't GTA IV ?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

The amazing PC version of Max Payne 3 had me so hopeful. At least there are enough games releasing next year to make the wait (hopefully its just a wait) for GTA V easier.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Don't really care, I've always gotten the GTA games since GTA 2 on the console so I just prefer it that way. But they usually always end up releasing a GTA game on the PC, some time later but eventually.
Hydrolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hydrolex
Member since 2007 • 1648 Posts

Stop being Selfish.

If you had a business too, you would have gone for something that had money in it and consoles are where its at right now. Once they make the money, they will work on PC version. So it will depend on how GTA V will sell on consoles.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I'm 90% confident the PC version will hit around 6 months after the console versions. When they said Red Ded wasn't coming they said PC gamers still have GTA, would be odd to say that strickly refering the past. I can wait.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Elann2008

I'm 90% confident the PC version will hit around 6 months after the console versions. When they said Red Ded wasn't coming they said PC gamers still have GTA, would be odd to say that strickly refering the past. I can wait.nutcrackr

True. GTA is Rockstar's sure sale. RDR, as brilliant as it was, wasn't. It was a test drive. GTA V will come out eventually on the PC. It's also worth mentioning that, they probably earned some respect back in terms of optimization with Max Payne 3. Whatever they learned from that, I'm sure they can incorporate that with GTA V and make it run smooth.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

While I am a little disappointed with that article (actually, more disappointed by the word "consideration" itself), I'm still gonna buy it for consoles. The thing is, I'd have to buy a whole console first, but for a game like Grand Theft Auto V, I think it'll be worth it and who knows, maybe consoles by the time this game launches will be even cheaper than they already are.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

FelipeInside

Very very true.

I promise you that it will come to the PC too, so don't worry about it anymore.:) It's a timed exclusive for consoles only.

And yes I know people at Rockstar. :D

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

I'm 90% confident the PC version will hit around 6 months after the console versions. When they said Red Ded wasn't coming they said PC gamers still have GTA, would be odd to say that strickly refering the past. I can wait.nutcrackr
15th of July so 4 months.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#40 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Now I have to decide whether to get it for PS3 or wait 6 months for the PC version lol. How much extra can they really add in that time?! :(
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#41 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Now I have to decide whether to get it for PS3 or wait 6 months for the PC version lol. How much extra can they really add in that time?! :( biggest_loser
Probably a dozen helicopter missions with broken controls! Or...flight school from GTA SA will come back!
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
It probably doesn't help any that PC gamers don't buy these games until they're like $3 on a Steam sale or bundled with like 20 other Rockstar games for $15. I can see that being a big reason why they aren't all that interested in putting out a PC version.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
They're going to wait until all the PC gamers buy it on consoles and then announce it so that they'll want the PC version too. Pretty sure they plan things like this.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside
It probably doesn't help any that PC gamers don't buy these games until they're like $3 on a Steam sale or bundled with like 20 other Rockstar games for $15. I can see that being a big reason why they aren't all that interested in putting out a PC version.Senor_Kami
But that's exactly my point. Of course PC gamers are going to get it on special since the game was released a year ago on consoles, yet other games like Assassins Creed for example (that get released a month later on PC) sell like hot cakes on PC. If Rockstar brought out GTA on PC at the same time as consoles, or even a few weeks later to optimize it, I promise you it would sell well on the PC Platform. Heck, most most people on this topic prefer it on PC.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DanielDust
It probably doesn't help any that PC gamers don't buy these games until they're like $3 on a Steam sale or bundled with like 20 other Rockstar games for $15. I can see that being a big reason why they aren't all that interested in putting out a PC version.Senor_Kami
You clicked on the wrong thing, this is not System Wars, good luck finding it, hint, right above this forum.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Why would you want it anyways? GTA IV wasn't very good.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

Wolfetan
Because EFLC was good. Because MP3 was good. Because all the preceding GTA games before GTA IV were good.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside

Wolfetan
Apart from the technical mess it was, I actually enjoyed it. My favourite is still Vice City personally.
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Because EFLC was good. Because MP3 was good. Because all the preceding GTA games before GTA IV were good.

GTAIV was actually good, minus the sloppy port part. It just wasn't nearly as fun as San Andreas.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I'll enjoy playing it on console anyway, I hardly ever play on the Xbox except the odd bit of FIFA. Then I'll probably buy it on PC a few years later when all DLC, patches and quality mods are out.