Red Dead Redemption PC at E3 2011 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Max_Payne2011
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts
Have you guys heard anything about it ? a Rockstar Representative replied to a comment at the official RDR website that "nothing can be said BEYOUND that , Thanks for UNDERSTANDING" what do you think ? if it was really cancelled why would they stay so damn silent about it ? it sucks really LINK: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption//news
s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
don't get my hopes up please, this is one of the games that I wanna play so badly. though I seriously do not think its ever coming to PC. end of story.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Why "canceled"? Was it ever even announced on PC?

l3ol3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 l3ol3
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
maby yes maby no
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Don't get your hopes up, they aren't going to release RDR on PC
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
don't get my hopes up please, this is one of the games that I wanna play so badly. though I seriously do not think its ever coming to PC. end of story.s_emi_xxxxx
You are not missing much, i could only beat it once and never touched it again.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The game is awesome, it would be great for those that want it on PC.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]don't get my hopes up please, this is one of the games that I wanna play so badly. though I seriously do not think its ever coming to PC. end of story.Dante2710
You are not missing much, i could only beat it once and never touched it again.

Don't get why some people hate it, it was at least on par with all the other GTA's imo

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
When was the last time a game being ported to PC was show cased at E3? Probably never afaik.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Have you guys heard anything about it ? a Rockstar Representative replied to a comment at the official RDR website that "nothing can be said BEYOUND that , Thanks for UNDERSTANDING" what do you think ? if it was really cancelled why would they stay so damn silent about it ? it sucks really LINK: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption//newsMax_Payne2011

The only statement I have seen from Rockstar regarding RDR on the PC is that "they have no plans to bring RDR to the PC and if that changes they will let us know". They have been saying that consistently ever since the game came out on the consoles and they repeated it yesterday on their News wire.

I really wish people would let this go, if you honestly want to play RDR this badly then why are you denying yourself the experience by not buying a console ? Not only will you get to play RDR today but you will also get access to all of Rockstars products. They are primarily a console developer and thus you have to have a console to play their games.

nesproc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nesproc
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts

[QUOTE="Max_Payne2011"]Have you guys heard anything about it ? a Rockstar Representative replied to a comment at the official RDR website that "nothing can be said BEYOUND that , Thanks for UNDERSTANDING" what do you think ? if it was really cancelled why would they stay so damn silent about it ? it sucks really LINK: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption//newscharmingcharlie

The only statement I have seen from Rockstar regarding RDR on the PC is that "they have no plans to bring RDR to the PC and if that changes they will let us know". They have been saying that consistently ever since the game came out on the consoles and they repeated it yesterday on their News wire.

I really wish people would let this go, if you honestly want to play RDR this badly then why are you denying yourself the experience by not buying a console ? Not only will you get to play RDR today but you will also get access to all of Rockstars products. They are primarily a console developer and thus you have to have a console to play their games.

R* got it's start on PC GTA 1- 2 (gta london 1969) a lot of R* fans have been there since the start If R* only makes RDR for the consoles they are selling out those long time loyal customers. i am personally going to boycott R* if they don't bring RDR to the PC. (Mouthoff@rockstar.com)
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
you can get a 360 and RDR for $150. I think it's worth it, or if you can get a PS3, you have Uncharted 2 and MGS4.
Brazucass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brazucass
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

They would be losing some millions if not release for PC. I wonder where is the logic for that?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ehh, i am lost, what exactly is going on again?

They would be losing some millions if not release for PC. I wonder where is the logic for that?

Brazucass
Millions? come on, you over doing it.
Brazucass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brazucass
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Ehh, i am lost, what exactly is going on again?[QUOTE="Brazucass"]

dakan45

Yep. Nowadays its easier to make money. You just need to release a game for Ipad. PC gaming and steam's evil discounts do the rest.

For example. World of Warcraft profits hundred of thousand dollars everytime they release a downloadable pet that does nothing but follow the players and look cute or funny.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

R* got it's start on PC GTA 1- 2 (gta london 1969) a lot of R* fans have been there since the start If R* only makes RDR for the consoles they are selling out those long time loyal customers. i am personally going to boycott R* if they don't bring RDR to the PC. (Mouthoff@rockstar.com) nesproc

I don't know why people keep bringing up this pretty irrelevent fact that Rockstar started on the PC, so did a lot of companies but that didn't stop them either going multiplatform or totally abandoning the PC platform altogether. I have been a PC gamer for 20 odd years I know how Rockstar started. However if you actually LOOK at Rockstars history they are predominantly a console orientated company. In their time since being Rockstar games they have done around 48 games (either developed them or published them). Now of those 48 games only 18 of their games ever appeared on the PC platform.

Rockstar concentrate on the console platform because they believe that is where they can make the most money. Sure they can make money on the PC but why waste resources doing that when you can make even more money on the consoles. Whether you like it or not, Rockstar is a console developer and if you wish to play their games then you will have to buy a console to play them.

Brazucass

Because the time and resources they use to make "millions" on the PC could be used to make ten's of millions on the consoles.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Ehh, i am lost, what exactly is going on again?[QUOTE="Brazucass"]

Brazucass

Yep. Nowadays its easier to make money. You just need to release a game for Ipad. PC gaming and steam's evil discounts do the rest.

For example. World of Warcraft profits hundred of thousand dollars everytime they release a downloadable pet that does nothing but follow the players and look cute or funny.

I see what you mean, game companies nowadays make games for consoles primarly, then make a cheap port on pc with a 60 bucks price tag for no reason and with bothering with as less as possible which results into making money out of a cheap pc version, which means $$$ for doing nothing. In any case i thought you meant million sales, in which to be honest, if a multiplat sells one million in pc, its a sucess by pc standards.