Recommend me some PC games to get? (RPG or Strategy)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vendayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Vendayn
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

I'm picking up a bunch of PC games to play

Right now on my list is

europa universalis III and expansions (never played Europa games, but it looks very fun and challenging...and I've heard good things about it)
Mass Effect and/or The Witcher (not sure if to get both or just one...both sound really good, so I'll probably pick up both)

And thats it, so 3 games on my list that I've found so far. Any of you guys/gals recommend any others? Preferably somewhat new...not too outdated andones that have already been released.

I like RPGs and Strategy games, I really really like Sci-Fi but fantasy/medieval games are really good too. Money isn't an issue and my PC can run any game that is out.I also like a longer played game, meaning I don't like playing for a few hours and thats it..I like to be able to play for awhile without it suddenly ending quickly. And I do really like a good storyline in a RPG. As for strategy, I don't like rushing or anything...Command and Conquer is a good example, it feels like I have to rush and attack very quickly...too fast paced for me.

Thanks for any help

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 DaSoul
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

idk much about it,but my friend says its a good game,space siege,im dling the demo right now.its a sci fi rpg much in the style of dungeon siege 2,only sci fi

gerhardr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gerhardr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I highly recommend a game called battle stations. It is very fun and free to play. You build and captain an airship. It is a mix between strategy and RPG. You can explore the world, trade, craft, mine for resources, fight npcs and other players. There is also a clan system for cooperative play.

http://battlestations.mobileweapon.net/new.php?invite=Russel+Gerhard

Vendayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vendayn

Thanks :) I haven't heard many good things about space siege, but I'll check it out

any others?

Jonnyboy1219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Jonnyboy1219
Member since 2003 • 178 Posts
Mass Effect is a must play. Fable the lost chapters is always fun, Age of Empires III, Company of Heroes are also good. Also if you want a good sci-fi rts go for Sins of a Solar Empire, I heard it was good but I haven't played it yet.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Civilization IV is an excellent strategy game (it is turn-based). Also, I always loved Battle for Middle Earth I and II, but I am not exactly sure if you would classify those as strategy games (I guess they are?).

Age of Mythology and Age of Empires are both great bets. Also, all of my friends say Starcraft is amazing.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, it's a special treat.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Dungeon Siege.
Very entertaining if you play it with friends.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Turnbased strategy game set in a fantasy theme.

Vendayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vendayn

bump^ I'll check back on this when I get home from dinner

crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
I've loved all the age of empires games and the 3rd is just a grand multiplayer experience...Starcraft is really intense and I recommend it if you're wanting something super complex..other than that I've heard Warcraft 3 is great and the Relic games too so ch-ch-ch-check it out..
RT_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RT_Jackson
Member since 2003 • 3830 Posts
space siege is pretty average I'd recommend Galactic Civilizations 2 with the expansions. Very nice turn-based strategy game in space. Design your own ships, unique technology trees, all sorts of stuff to play with.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Sins of A Solar Empire.
Vendayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vendayn
bump^ I'll check back in the morning when I wake up...thanks for all the suggestions :)
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
guild wars, sins of the solar empire, never winter nights2
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
My first recommendation is Planescape Torment, it is very old but I'm playing it now and it's still great. Temple of Elemental Evil is beautiful as well. NeverWinterNights2 and Mask of the betrayer. Gothic series is cool. I bet you would love Heroes of might and Magic 5, if you do try the expansion Tribes of the East, it's really good. Medieval 2 Total War is good and has turn based and RTS elements and the RTS elements doesn't require so much micromanaging, it's more strategic.