reasons why it's worth to be PCgamer in 2006(56Kb=death)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]UPDATE new games : Styrateg, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, SherlockHolmes: the Awaken,Dungeon Runners, Barrow Hill, Fifa Manager 2007 and Flatout2

More than hal the games in the 07 list doesnt show up. A grey bar appears and then below it it just blank. Why?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#452 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="Legend_O_Dragon"] [QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]UPDATE new games : Styrateg, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, SherlockHolmes: the Awaken,Dungeon Runners, Barrow Hill, Fifa Manager 2007 and Flatout2

More than hal the games in the 07 list doesnt show up. A grey bar appears and then below it it just blank. Why?

Hmm...it works fine for me. I have even checked it on all three browsers
Fuseking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#453 Fuseking
Member since 2006 • 2102 Posts
Good to see the list running about again. Needs to updated with supreme commander UT07 C&C3 crysis and qauke wars though maybe i missed them
beefjerky117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 beefjerky117
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
I want to play Empire At War so badly right now its not even funny.
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
This is a great thread.... lemmings,cows and sheeps aviod this for there lives
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 AdrianWerner
UPDATE: I've added Battlefront, Air Assault Task Force, Undercroft, Roboherd, Hack it, Rayman Raving Rabbids,Madden 07, Tiger Woods 2007, Madden 07, NBA Live 07, FIFA World Cup 2006, Need for Speed: Carbon and Call of Juarez
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 AdrianWerner
UPDATE: Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game Orbiter 2006 Danger from the Depth Nutso Titan Attacks SIMS 2: Glamour Garry Grisby's World at War 2 Mosaic: Tomb of Mystery The Odyssey: Winds of Athena Armadillo Run Wild Earth
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
Wii will winTotodile
:lol:
jinzo_xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 jinzo_xbox
Member since 2004 • 575 Posts
wait how much does a PC cost that matches that of xbox360's graphical power?
hollow2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 hollow2010
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts

wait how much does a PC cost that matches that of xbox360's graphical power?jinzo_xbox

$1,000.  That's how much mine was and Xbox 360 is a little better.  This is the last gaming PC I ever build.

Avatar image for masterchief0292
masterchief0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#461 masterchief0292
Member since 2005 • 7472 Posts
Nice man!! Great Work, I cant wait for dx10!!
sparkstar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 sparkstar01
Member since 2005 • 734 Posts
Yep nice work probably took a while to make but great, but unfortuanetly more then 80% of those games dont look interesting besides the obivious ones.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="sparkstar01"]Yep nice work probably took a while to make but great, but unfortuanetly more then 80% of those games dont look interesting besides the obivious ones.

well..the "secret" is that for each person those 20% consist of diffrent games :) THere are many people that don't care about your 20%. THis list is made to be complete and to cover all kinds of games. It's not meant to be "reasons why sparkstar01 should be a PCgamer in 2006" :)
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#464 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Damn, so many games are being delayed to 2007. Spore got delayed to late 2007.( i really really hate EA)

I hope hellgate london, crysis and neverwinter nights 2 save it for the pc this year.
Tonttu86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#465 Tonttu86
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
Say it loud! I'm PC gamer and I'm proud! :lol:
m7med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 m7med
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
great work man but i think u missed crysis didn't u and cell factor i think
seifer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#467 seifer99
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts
Aren't those 2007 games?
MasterKarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 MasterKarl
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts
Cool. I'm proud of being a PC Gamer :D I can't wait for crysis!!! But I'm afraid of it's monstruous requeriments
marianodqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 marianodqs
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
hey man. i was wondering....where did you get the information about Sam & Max 2?? i though that the proyect was stucked or had been cancelled....i'm really looking foward to playing that awesome game!

thanx
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 AdrianWerner
hey man. i was wondering....where did you get the information about Sam & Max 2?? i though that the proyect was stucked or had been cancelled....i'm really looking foward to playing that awesome game!

thanx
marianodqs
Well..the Sam and Max 2: Freelance Police was canceled. Then the team behind this project got pissed off and left LucasArts to form Telltale. Steven Pucell(owner of S&M IP) sold then the license after LA's one ran out. So Telltale started a new Sam and Max sequel, it's brand new, they aren't reusing any FreelancePolice content.
marianodqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 marianodqs
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="marianodqs"]hey man. i was wondering....where did you get the information about Sam & Max 2?? i though that the proyect was stucked or had been cancelled....i'm really looking foward to playing that awesome game!

thanx
AdrianWerner
Well..the Sam and Max 2: Freelance Police was canceled. Then the team behind this project got pissed off and left LucasArts to form Telltale. Steven Pucell(owner of S&M IP) sold then the license after LA's one ran out. So Telltale started a new Sam and Max sequel, it's brand new, they aren't reusing any FreelancePolice content.

THANK YOU MAN! you rule! see ya
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 AdrianWerner
UPDATE new games added: Total Pro GolfATC Simulator® 2Ninja Loves PirateBattle for MIddle-Earth 2: Rise of the Witch KingStarship KingdomForge of FreedomGumboy
Sukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 Sukino
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
Add THE SILVER LINING http://www.tsl-game.com/
Avatar image for EmperorMetalman
EmperorMetalman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 EmperorMetalman
Member since 2006 • 1832 Posts
This post should be stickied and sent to every console gamer
Gandalf_Ringed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 Gandalf_Ringed
Member since 2002 • 2838 Posts
I think Tortuga Pirate's Revenge got renamed to Tortuga -Two Treasures and it got pushed back to early 07. I'm glad we have this to look foward to since Age of Pirates sunk. :D
Avatar image for EmperorMetalman
EmperorMetalman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 EmperorMetalman
Member since 2006 • 1832 Posts
Great thread.
Please post this in SW
Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#477 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
Sweet
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#478 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Unfortunately, Company of Heroes, Titan Quest, and Guild Wars: Nightfall ended up being the only worthwhile exclusive games on the list. The rest were mostly buggy, crappy, moved back to 2007, or just plain dissapointing.

2006 was the weakest year in PC Gaming since 2001, maybe even longer.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 AdrianWerner

Unfortunately, Company of Heroes, Titan Quest, and Guild Wars: Nightfall ended up being the only worthwhile exclusive games on the list. The rest were mostly buggy, crappy, moved back to 2007, or just plain dissapointing.

AFBrat77
you're crazy. Really. THere were at least 20 PC exclusives this year better than TQ :) GalCiv2, GTR2 or Eets are some of those that come to mind. I know you are primarly a console-centered player, which is why you might not aprecieate more hardcore and niche PC games, which were PC's main strenght this year, but this year was solid and full of high-quality games. anyway...you're entitled to your own opinion, but you need to realise most gamers and critics disagree with you :)
metalhead004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 metalhead004
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts
A lot of those games I doubt more than a handful of people have heard of which is a shame because they look like a lot of fun. It's too bad I'll never get to play most of them myself.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#481 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AdrianWerner

you're crazy. Really. THere were at least 20 PC exclusives this year better than TQ :) GalCiv2, GTR2 or Eets are some of those that come to mind. I know you are primarly a console-centered player, which is why you might not aprecieate more hardcore and niche PC games, which were PC's main strenght this year, but this year was solid and full of high-quality games. anyway...you're entitled to your own opinion, but you need to realise most gamers and critics disagree with you :)

As usual, you are wrong about me, I have always been first and foremost a PC Gamer, hence my dissapointment. Sure, you know I love Metroid Prime, but I've been a PC Gamer since the beginning of '97 and console Gamer since 2004. I take PC Gaming over console gaming anyday.

Just a dissapoining year, hopefully 2007 will be much better. I'm looking forward to Hellgate: London, Supreme Commander,  and Bioshock especially.

I don't think most gamers and critics disagree with me. Fair enough, I did forget Galactic Civilizations 2 and Medieval 2: Total War, but by and large I think most would agree this was a dissapointing year. CoH did indeed live up to its hype though. Bravo!

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

As usual, you are wrong about me, I have always been first and foremost a PC Gamer, hence my dissapointment. Sure, you know I love Metroid Prime, but I've been a PC Gamer since the beginning of '97 and console Gamer since 2004. I take PC Gaming over console gaming anyday.

Just a dissapoining year, hopefully 2007 will be much better. I'm looking forward to Hellgate: London, Supreme Commander,  and Bioshock especially.

I don't think most gamers and critics disagree with me. Fair enough, I did forget Galactic Civilizations 2 and Medieval 2: Total War, but by and large I think most would agree this was a dissapointing year. CoH did indeed live up to its hype though. Bravo!

You think There wasn't anything better than Titan Quest besides GW:N and CoH. Trust me...very few people will afree with that :) And sorry about the mistake, but you just didn't strike me as a person who enjoys games like GalCiv2 or Take COmmand 2. Still...you're way overreacting. THis might have been dissapoiting year for some people, but claiming PC only had three worthwhile exclusives is just dumb and made you sound like a raving console fanboy
Avatar image for DaleJrKicksButt
DaleJrKicksButt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 DaleJrKicksButt
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
some links to those games that were listed would be really helpful.  either to download the game or just to look at the info on the game.  can someone please list links to that big game list in this thread?
Avatar image for andremiguelmast
andremiguelmast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#484 andremiguelmast
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Great list however it missed Need for Speed Carbon
DeityCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#485 DeityCode
Member since 2004 • 2215 Posts
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AdrianWerner

You think There wasn't anything better than Titan Quest besides GW:N and CoH. Trust me...very few people will afree with that :) And sorry about the mistake, but you just didn't strike me as a person who enjoys games like GalCiv2 or Take COmmand 2. Still...you're way overreacting. THis might have been dissapoiting year for some people, but claiming PC only had three worthwhile exclusives is just dumb and made you sound like a raving console fanboy

I want to be a "raving console fanboy" but I don't have a console -_- ...it just sounds cool. :) Dark Crusade is fantastic good and I can't stop playing it!! Many turned out to be lackluster BUT the same will be true of the crop slated for '07. They all sound great and have great screenshots but we will know AFTER they come out. 2006 did look good but several games did not come up to par. Here I am thinking of Mark of Chaos. No Blood?! and a mature rating! So you limit the market and you have no payoff-too bad. And Star Trek Legacy...sorry, it's still too soon...I thought I could talk about Star Trek but the emotions are too fresh (wipes away a tear).
Avatar image for no_one_specific
no_one_specific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 no_one_specific
Member since 2003 • 2612 Posts
You know, I was looking through that amazing list and Chameleon really caught my eye. I've been searching for it, but I can't really find any site that has information about it... in English. Do you know of a place I could go with information?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 AdrianWerner
You know, I was looking through that amazing list and Chameleon really caught my eye. I've been searching for it, but I can't really find any site that has information about it... in English. Do you know of a place I could go with information? no_one_specific
unfortunately it wasn't released in english :( Which sucks, because it was easily best stealth game last year :(
Avatar image for no_one_specific
no_one_specific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 no_one_specific
Member since 2003 • 2612 Posts
AGH! You've got to be kidding me. Do you know a way of importing it to the US? The game looks really good, and your word only helps it in my book. Plus, it's made by developers that I really like. I've looked in a lot of places with absolutely no luck. The best I've found is a gameplay movie... which, interestingly enough, had english voices (probably relative to the area the character was.) I don't think language barriers would be an issue for me (unless there's a mandatory training course) because I've played another game called Gorky Zero in Polish and didn't have many prooblems. I really like European games... interestingly enough. It doesn't look like it's going to make it over here... I just get that feeling.
laineter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 laineter
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
What a very good list, I love some of the games on your list bcoz PC games are not boring especially WOW. :D
Kjarrideath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Kjarrideath
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
Few games not released yet from that list, i wonder how parkan 2 and chameleon will be:)