Question on Morrowind

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I bought oblivion and burned it, it was terrible. I want to know if this is any better. There is no demo so I cannot try it but I am just curious as to if the combat is any better and if the enemies don't level ith it. I don't mind slow combat but oblivions just seemed way to flawed and want to know if this is improved. The enemies leveling sort of killed any sense of accomplishment they had in the game. One other minor thing is I would like to know if the story is improved upon, oblivion didn't do that to well and I have yet to find a good crpg with gameplay and story (hoping this can do it as I was never a fan of biowares work).

Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
Well the fighting in Morrowind is good if you don't mind having to click the mouse a few hundred times for it to actually hit, ok its not like that. Comparison to Oblivion, you don't always hit the enemies, they don't level up so you could fight a really hard creature at level one if you were unfortunate and I found the story at times to be confusing. It could just be me but you may also want to check what other people say about the story. For the time it was brilliant and it still considered a classic but since you have already played Oblivion you may need sometime to get to grips with it, one big change apart from the above I think is that you can't regenerate magicka.
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
I have not played Oblivion. But had heard some much raving on Morrowind. I have only played a little bit of it though. Its just seems real slow and boring to me. Perhaps if I got into it more... maybe, but it seems hard to get into it for me. I think maybe these western RPG's just aren't for me. I do love Fable though. I was thinking of giving Oblivion a try, but I dunno. The fighting in Morrowind just didn't seem to work for me.
tednacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tednacho
Member since 2003 • 332 Posts
i loved morrowind. it is not for everyone, though. the start of the game is a little slow because your character starts out really weak. but it's worth the work, in my opinion. the story is better and more engrossing. it's about 100 times more fun to explore, too. the environments are a lot more diverse. i would definitely give it a shot, but with the caveat that it isn't as accessible at the beginning as oblivion is. the payoff is a lot better though.