This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 cheesecrayon
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I want to get a PC instead of the next gen consoles, I dont know much about building them and parts. I would appreciate if someone could make a £600 build, or give me advice on what parts I should use. I also want a pc that can run games like BF4 and upcoming releases (titanfall) well

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Coolermaster case

core i5 4670k ( this puts consoles cpus to shame though any semi decent cpu actually does that )

Mobo

Gpu ( the r270x is a beefed uo 7870 with 7950 performance compared to the cut down version of 7870 ps4 has )

1 tb Hard disk

Coolermaster hyper 212 Evo ( though cpus come with coolers getting an aftermarket cooler is always a great idea especially if you overclock let alone much lower acoustic levels and this one is one of the best budget coolers)

Extra case fan ( for 6 pounds you can improve your case airflow and temps by a couple of degrees )

Power supply ( the most vital component for the health of your pc and Antec are reliable )

8gb Ram

I didnt add a dvd drive since imo nowdays with the likes of steam and other DD services are pretty much obsolete ( and you can install Windows 7,8 easily from a usb )

That comes to 570 pounds and expect it to be better than ps4. All parts from amazon uk

All from amazon uk. As for building a pc you can find hundreds of videos on youtube and you can always ask help here or other hardware forums ( nowdays building a pc is really easy and you actually have to try to screw it )

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cheesecrayon

Thanks, but when do you think I will have to upgrade? and did you mean i5 instead of i4? (also would I be better of getting amd since its cheaper)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I'd replace the RAM for this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-8GBXL-Main-Memory-PC1600/dp/B004I763AW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386835322&sr=8-1&keywords=g+skill+8+gb+1600

1333Mhz is pretty old, nowdays minimum for gaming people buy 1600Mhz if not going over the top to 1800/2100/2400.

You can overcloack the 1333 but you'd need to cool them, adding extra fan or making sure they've got cool air from the case airflow all the time including intense gameplay.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adamosmaki

@cheesecrayon said:

Thanks, but when do you think I will have to upgrade? and did you mean i5 instead of i4? (also would I be better of getting amd since its cheaper)

oops my bad i meant i5 . There is no i4 cpu

If you have the money i5 is the best cpu you can get if you take into consideration performance, ability to overclock and power consumption

Amd fx83xx series is also a great cpu and more or less in newer games is on the level of i5 ( though is a bit behind on older games but not something you will notice )

Amd fx 63xx series are great budget cpus as well. Not as fast as i5 or fx83xx series but that is only on games that are highly cpu reliant

The biggest downside imo for Amd is the high power consumption on load but is not something that will bother the average user

But if you have the money an i5 is the best choice for gaming ( if you do photo or video encoding, editing as well then fx83xx series are better )

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cheesecrayon

What about a cpu cooler and motherboard?

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adamosmaki

@cheesecrayon said:

What about a cpu cooler?

the one i linked ( coolermaster hyper evo ) is great and works with both Amd's and Intel's Cpu's

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cheesecrayon

You didnt mention a motherboard? or did I just miss it?

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 adamosmaki

@cheesecrayon said:

You didnt mention a motherboard? or did I just miss it?

you missed it . Its the mobo link

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cheesecrayon

Didn't even realise, thanks :p, I made this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/SidTheSloth/saved/37NT is it a good build?

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

You could get a fx 8150. cheap as hell and it runs just like every expensive intel processor without the price tag

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamosmaki

@cheesecrayon said:

Didn't even realise, thanks :p, I made this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/SidTheSloth/saved/37NT is it a good build?

Good build. Though i would try and going with a bit better power supply just for breathing room considering you got a gtx 760 ( you should be fine with that since corsair are reliable and good but still more room for upgrades wouldn't hurt )

The only problem with your build is the motherboard does not allow overclocking ( H81 chipset does not allow overclocking ). You need a z87 chipset to be able to overclock

If you dont plan overclocking then that mobo is decent and you might wanna save even more money you can go with intel 4570 which is as fast as 4670k but does not allow overclocking and save about 15pounds (to overclock you need both a cpu with K suffix at the end and a z87 mobo )

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cheesecrayon

Okay thanks, but what about the case, do I need case fans for it?

ExtremeBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ExtremeBanana
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts

@cheesecrayon: It comes with 1 fan pre-installed. The extra fan will help to cool it down.

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cheesecrayon

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/SidTheSloth/saved/37W8 that is my build is there anything I will need for it? and do I need a wireless adapter card?

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

are you goin to overclock that cpu or not because i see you have an aftermarket cooler but you cant OC that cpu you need this one i5-4760K and you dont need wireless adapter.

cheesecrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cheesecrayon

What is a wireless adapter used for?