Project Zomboid - Awesome Zombie Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

l337Bossman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 l337Bossman
Member since 2003 • 1524 Posts
Hi everyone, For those who haven't heard of it, Project Zomboid is an AWESOME survival zombie game. There's a demo available and I would encourage everyone to check it out. It's an isometric game, this isn't Left for Dead, and focuses on the survival aspects more than slaying thousands of zombies. You need to eat, sleep, manage your emotions / loneliness, build a safehouse, etc. Definitely check it out, it's a very fun game if you're into the genre. Here's the website: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/ And here's the youtube video that got me hooked in the first place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to4lNOuE3FU I hope that someone reads this and enjoys this game as much as I have so far. It's not out yet, it's still in the beta phase, but is completely playable.
marshbaboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marshbaboon
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts

I played the alpha a while back. It was pretty bare bones but playable. Have they updated it much in the last few months? I can't seem to find a changelog.

The full game interests me quite a bit. I love the idea that it is actually a survival game and you WILL actually die eventually.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I also played the alpha and my assumption was that... the developer would change the game engine? To something more like Dead State? Or was I wrong in thinking that? I played it but I was a bit frustrated by the controls. Maybe it's just me.
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Another zombie game? Meh.

danb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danb0
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts
I've been meaning to play this but haven't bothered to install jre up until yesterday. I'll try it out soon, seems like an interesting take on the whole zombie thing.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elann2008

Another zombie game? Meh.

THA-TODD-BEAST
It isn't your typical zombie game. It's survival-based. Like really, survival. I always see people saying "Another Zombie Game?" quite a lot.. but there aren't many GREAT zombie games. I have high hopes for "Dead State." It's my most anticipated game.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
have they dont anything with the game? I have not looked at it since someone stole their computers.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008
have they dont anything with the game? I have not looked at it since someone stole their computers.KalDurenik
Lol what? Their computers were seriously stolen???
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Yes a i dont know... year ago? Atleast thats what people said not sure if its true or not. In anycase i decided to wait until they added some more things to the game.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]have they dont anything with the game? I have not looked at it since someone stole their computers.Elann2008
Lol what? Their computers were seriously stolen???

Yeah, they didn't make a backup of their update i think so it was delayed a bit.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

There hasn't been one good Zombie game, was hoping Left 4 Dead would be like this, cannot wait for it to get multiplayer and then i'll play.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its looks interesting but zombie games are a dime a dozen

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Any official word on a release date? Been following this for some time, but I don't wish to shell out money just yet.
Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts
I've bought it a long time ago, its progressing very well and truly stands out in a crowd of other zombie games.
l337Bossman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 l337Bossman
Member since 2003 • 1524 Posts
They've added a ton in the last month alone. You can save now, cut down trees to build things out of wood, zombies have migration patterns, etc. definitely a lot more than there was several years ago when the code was stolen. Here's all the change lists. http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewforum.php?f=21 I thought Dead State was almost vapor ware by now? I know they had talked about doing a KickStarter but I haven't seen one.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Project Zomboid is so awesome, a new update with tons of additions is coming very soon to (Includign a save feature).

One of the best indie games in awhile imo, glad I supported them awhile ago, this is a tyep of zombie game I always dreamed of.

Next week or so is going to have a gigantic update for this game that they have been working on for a long long time (they do keep adding to the list though of things they have added). If you are thinkign about joining this game, NOW is the time, before it gets released and the price goes up. There is a beta for new changes they have made, Desura copies will update as soon as the update goes live (right now people can test it,etc..).

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

They've added a ton in the last month alone. You can save now, cut down trees to build things out of wood, zombies have migration patterns, etc. definitely a lot more than there was several years ago when the code was stolen. Here's all the change lists. http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewforum.php?f=21 I thought Dead State was almost vapor ware by now? I know they had talked about doing a KickStarter but I haven't seen one.l337Bossman

Several years ago? You mean last year?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Project Zomboid is so awesome, a new update with tons of additions is coming very soon to (Includign a save feature).

One of the best indie games in awhile imo, glad I supported them awhile ago, this is a tyep of zombie game I always dreamed of.

Next week or so is going to have a gigantic update for this game that they have been working on for a long long time (they do keep adding to the list though of things they have added). If you are thinkign about joining this game, NOW is the time, before it gets released and the price goes up. There is a beta for new changes they have made, Desura copies will update as soon as the update goes live (right now people can test it,etc..).

kozzy1234
May I ask if they have added the save feature? I am interested in getting this game but I have never heard of Desura before, is it safe for payment? I keep hearing about this title though and it looks like a cool idea and something I would like to support.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Garfield360UK

May I ask if they have added the save feature? I am interested in getting this game but I have never heard of Desura before, is it safe for payment? I keep hearing about this title though and it looks like a cool idea and something I would like to support.

There is a test version of the update out right now for people who have bought the game. To try the upcomign update out (save feature,etc..) before it goes public (to desura,etc..).

Desura is very safe, they are pretty much the same as GOG.com except instead of for old games its for INDIE games. Think of an indie version of gog.com.

I bought myself and my cousin a copy, had no issues.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Kozzy let me know when they include a save system.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elann2008

kozzy1234

Gigantic update? What does this entail? I'm sad that Dead State is leaning more towards vaporware now. :( I guess I will have to turn to "The Dead Linger." Project Zomboid has the right game mechanics but I don't really care for the game engine/graphics. I wish they would have done something more like Dead State in terms of visuals. I'm obviously not looking for a full blown, high production value zombie game, although it would be nice.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Elann2008

Gigantic update? What does this entail? I'm sad that Dead State is leaning more towards vaporware now. :( I guess I will have to turn to "The Dead Linger." Project Zomboid has the right game mechanics but I don't really care for the game engine/graphics. I wish they would have done something more like Dead State in terms of visuals. I'm obviously not looking for a full blown, high production value zombie game, although it would be nice.

If you bought the game you can download the upcoming update and try it out, its honestly like night and day from the release of the alpha demo that the public could try.

- New Lighting system

- Save feature

- NPC's

- Skill Progression

- Carpentry

- Pushable Objects

- Windows of Death (zombies can now climb in and out of windows)

- Bigger Map Section

- Graphics overhaul

- Lots of New Weapons

- Additional Mod tools (They are working so hard with the mod community its awesome. They are really surprised with how much the community has done and the game is not evne finished yet)

- Optimization (runs alot better now)

"There's a few other smaller, quirkier features that you'll find when the update is released – but these are the ones that are pushing Knox County furthest towards our goal of killing you in a myriad of nasty ways."

That was from them awhile ago, since then they have added more to the list of things they are working on for this update.

0.2.0 is pretty awesome I gotta say, game feels alot more alive now. Glad they have let us try it out as they are putting the finishing touches on the update.

I really enjoy pushing couches against doors, the save system and the new lighting system (optimization is also a ton better) and of course all the cool little new items they have added (like new food, new weapons,etc..).

As for the combat I actually like it alot more then most zombie games, but I can see hwo some might not like it. With that beign said, they are adding a new Aimign system with the pistols that they are adding.

Keep an eye on this site http://projectzomboid.com/blog/ for updates and venture on into the forum if you want to see the new updates, mods,etc..

They where gonna do short small updates but they have been doing a ton of work at doing one HUGE update and then smaller ones faster after this gigantic one gets out (you can try it now if you own the game, new version is really nice).

I will probably do a PLAYING NOW for Project ZOmboid soon here to show people what it looks like in the test versino of this new update, its quite exciting how the game is comign together.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

If you bought the game you can download the upcoming update and try it out, its honestly like night and day from the release of the alpha demo that the public could try.

- New Lighting system

- Save feature

- NPC's

- Skill Progression

- Carpentry

- Pushable Objects

- Bigger Map Section

- Graphics overhaul

- Lots of New Weapons

- Additional Mod tools (They are working so hard with the mod community its awesome. They are really surprised with how much the community has done and the game is not evne finished yet)

"There's a few other smaller, quirkier features that you'll find when the update is released – but these are the ones that are pushing Knox County furthest towards our goal of killing you in a myriad of nasty ways."

That was from them awhile ago, since then they have added more to the list of things they are working on for this update.

0.2.0 is pretty awesome I gotta say, game feels alot more alive now. Glad they have let us try it out as they are putting the finishing touches on the update.

I really enjoy pushing couches against doors, the save system and the new lighting system (optimization is also a ton better) and of course all the cool little new items they have added (like new food, new weapons,etc..).

Thank you Kozzy. I'm curious about this graphics overhaul. Can't wait to find out.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Gigantic update? What does this entail? I'm sad that Dead State is leaning more towards vaporware now. :( I guess I will have to turn to "The Dead Linger." Project Zomboid has the right game mechanics but I don't really care for the game engine/graphics. I wish they would have done something more like Dead State in terms of visuals. I'm obviously not looking for a full blown, high production value zombie game, although it would be nice.

Elann2008

- New Lighting system

- Save feature

- NPC's

- Skill Progression

- Carpentry

- Pushable Objects

- Bigger Map Section

- Graphics overhaul

- Lots of New Weapons

Thank you Kozzy. I'm curious about this graphics overhaul. Can't wait to find out.

No problem, the engine is alot more stable now and the lighting the have added is very cool.

ill be doing a PLAYING NOW sometime this week of the current build.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I played the demo of it back when they released it to the public, but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Still, it looks really good and they're made great progress. It's nice to see a zombie game that's more survival/adventure and break away from the action standard.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

- New Lighting system

- Save feature

- NPC's

- Skill Progression

- Carpentry

- Pushable Objects

- Bigger Map Section

- Graphics overhaul

- Lots of New Weapons

kozzy1234

No problem, the engine is alot more stable now and the lighting the have added is very cool.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing this video. I may pick the game up this weekend as it looks really cool and for five pounds seems a nice deal (will this be a buy it now and you have it and all updates price like Minecraft did or will you have to pay when the game is finished per say, or is that even going to be a possibility and we may end up seeing TF2 like updates streaming down from the developers for some time to come?) Sorry I keep asking questions but I know very little about the developer or the game but the game looks really cool (I used to play old adventure games and point and click type things and the visuals work nice for me so it has me hooked in a way).
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Thank you Kozzy. I'm curious about this graphics overhaul. Can't wait to find out.Garfield360UK

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing this video. I may pick the game up this weekend as it looks really cool and for five pounds seems a nice deal (will this be a buy it now and you have it and all updates price like Minecraft did or will you have to pay when the game is finished per say, or is that even going to be a possibility and we may end up seeing TF2 like updates streaming down from the developers for some time to come?) Sorry I keep asking questions but I know very little about the developer or the game but the game looks really cool (I used to play old adventure games and point and click type things and the visuals work nice for me so it has me hooked in a way).

If you buy Project Zomboid you get all versions that come out for ever.

You get the versions as they update and also the final released version. The game will be more expensive when its done so its a good deal to get it now. Also you can get the game on DESURA (which is a indie versino of GOG.com/steam) when you purchase the game and ive heard steam one day (when its finally fully done). Its kind of cool though that even if you bought the game ages ago you still get a copy on DESURA (where it updates,etc..), a standalone version and also possibly a steam version all for one price.

Its kind of like these kickstarter programs we are seeing alot of now. You buy in now you help development and you not only get versions as they update but you also get the final version of the game when its done to.

Hope that helps! I bought my cousin and myself one ages ago when they first started to work on this game and its been well worth it already, especially with the current test version! Very cool additions to the game.