This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts

About a week ago, there was a topic in this forum about a thread on the Nuclear Monkey Software (The portal team) forums that Portal would be recalled, and it was proven to be false with a picture of fourchan discussing that a member of fourchan had hacked the forum.

Before I saw the fourchan picture, I decided to email Gabe Newell about it, and today I got a reply, although not from Gabe himself, from Paul Graham instead, who is apparently on the Portal team.

He denies the rumour on account of not personally hearing it, but he states that it could be true.

http://surl.se/fige

I really doubt it would ever be recalled on religious grounds, and a suspicious fact about the email that the writer writes 'J' as if to sign it with an initial, even though the email address it came from belongs to Paul Graham, which doesn't contain the letter J.

Thoughts?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

Well, first off I am pretty sure it is illegal to ban/recall something based on religion.

Second, lets think about this logically: if South Park, a show that rips on religion, race, sexual preference, and just about everything, can stay on the air, I think a game that (from my experience) didnt even suggest to offend anyone can survive as well.

I mean, there are religious people on this board, were any of you offended? Its a freaking puzzle game with portals.

solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
The reply seems too short and not formal enough to be real. Also, I can't see it offending anyone. False I think....
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts
had another thought: what are they going to do? Disable it through Steam? I think that would cause a greater uproar than the small amount of would-be religious fundamentalist could make. Money is a greater motivator than religion, after all.
mes323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mes323
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The only thing I can say is....LOL anonymous strikes again.

On a serious note, its all bull ****