POLL! PC gamers will you be getting COD: BlackOps?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts

Just wondering if you, PC gamers, are going to get BlackOps or not.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Not getting any COD games after the disgrace that was COD4.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Yes!

I missed the last 2 CoD games and I loved the MW2 multiplayer for the short time I played it on the free weekend.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

nope, because activision will be extorting money out of people for map packs and content.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Daytona_178

nope, because activision will be extorting money out of people for map packs and content.

PcGamingRig
Why not just play the basic game? We did come before DLC :P But I do agree, Activision is THE WORST publisher out there currently.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Hell yes. I'm always open for Call of Duty.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

Daytona_178

Why not just play the basic game? We did come before DLC :P But I do agree, Activision is THE WORST publisher out there currently.

yeh but i'm still giving them money then and the reason i'm not buying it is because i dislike them charging so much, the only way they'll stop doing it is if everyone stops actually buying DLC at ridiculous prices, but sadly they won't.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
No CoD after 4, WaW was garbage, MW 2 horrible, don't care about Black Ops.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Daytona_178

[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

PcGamingRig

yeh but i'm still giving them money then and the reason i'm not buying it is because i dislike them charging so much, the only way they'll stop doing it is if everyone stops actually buying DLC at ridiculous prices, but sadly they won't.

A noble cause, but with something as big as Call of Duty you just cant reason with them as there are 10 casual gamers for every one of us.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Yes, absolutely. I must admit I was pretty damn excited when I saw the multiplayer teaser. The new weapon additions look great, I like the UI changes so far, and I think there's some more MP customization surprises that they have yet to announce.

I just love the MW style of gameplay... very fast and accurate, keeps you on your toes and the adrenaline up. My only hope is that Black Ops quickens the pace to MW1 levels instead of feeling more like MW2.

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
Yes :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db
deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-5916f7dd7b7db
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

Won't buy CoD:Black Ops and won't buy Medal of Honor.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Will not be buy the expansion pack for MW2.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
It depends on how much new stuff is there. Dedicated servers alone (assuming they will be in the PC version) will not be enough to justify a 60 dollar purchase.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

I stopped playing CoD games after World at War, it just gets tiring after a while playing the same game over and over again. There are much more interesting FPS coming up that at least try do to 'something' new.

Philhellene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Philhellene
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts
No. Starcraft 2 was my first and will be my last $59.99 PC game I will buy. No more price gouging of PC gamers, please.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Meh I stopped at COD 4 and don't particularly feel an urge to revisit the franchise to be honest.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No. Starcraft 2 was my first and will be my last $59.99 PC game I will buy. No more price gouging of PC gamers, please.Philhellene

Aww boo hoo, a developer wants to get paid for their game and people will buy it in mass for $60.

In about a year, you will be hard pressed to find a $50 PC game. Trust me. Development costs are soaring. You need to make your money back somehow.

It's mentalities like yours that the PC gamer is somehow entitled to so much more for less is what is leading so many developers away from the PC.

shawnyboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 shawnyboy12
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

I guess it all depends. I mean, one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time is COD 2, so it's hard to completely stay away from the series. If this game doesn't have good dedicated servers for the pc or a couple modes that disable killstreaks (I strongly detest them) I'm probably going to stay away from it. However, there were some cool things in the latest multiplayer trailer that I saw so it is a bit tempting. I just hope it's not going to be another rehash with improvements on the things I don't want.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="Philhellene"]No. Starcraft 2 was my first and will be my last $59.99 PC game I will buy. No more price gouging of PC gamers, please.Wasdie

Aww boo hoo, a developer wants to get paid for their game and people will buy it in mass for $60.

In about a year, you will be hard pressed to find a $50 PC game. Trust me. Development costs are soaring. You need to make your money back somehow.

It's mentalities like yours that the PC gamer is somehow entitled to so much more for less is what is leading so many developers away from the PC.

Last time I checked my paycheck isn't going up, so why should the developer's?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

[QUOTE="Philhellene"]No. Starcraft 2 was my first and will be my last $59.99 PC game I will buy. No more price gouging of PC gamers, please.Wasdie

Money; that's what leading the developers away from strictly PC only games.

Let's face it, the big money that these developers make from games are on consoles solely due to parents. It is easier for a parent to buy a console, buy a game, hook up the console, put the game in and hand the controller to their kid. A whole 10-15 minute process (as long as the parent knows how to hook up the console - from getting home, unpacking and setting up of said console, insert game).

Now you take most parents today know how to use a computer, but they don't have one that works very well for most gaming needs. If their computer isn't ideal for gaming, they need to either a) upgrade (themselves or take the PC to a computer store) or b) they have to buy one designed for gaming and they're going to get price gouged in the process.

If the parent were to upgrade/buy a new computer, they now need to install the game (5-20+ minutes, depending on the game and hardware the PC has), try to run it (there could be complications - crashes/BSOD/lockups/hangs/stuttering) and hope things go smooth. If there is a problem, they might not know how to fix it and then things turn into a huge dilemma for them. All in all, this process could roughly take them anywhere from 10 minutes (assuming they have a computer to handle gaming and know what they're doing if a problem comes up) to maybe days worth of time if they have to take their computer someplace for upgrades and then maybe return to the computer store if any problems come up due to their lack of computer knowledge.

Let's face it, parents want the least hassle they have to deal with when it comes to gaming. So this means that parents will turn to consoles and not to PCs for their kid's gaming needs.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Wasdie

Then why aren't console games going up in price ? There is a clear reason why PC games are $10 cheaper than the console version and that is the console royalty fee. PC gamers pay the same amount to developers as console users do per copy of the game, the extra that console gamers pay goes straight into MS or Sony's pocket. There is no license or royalty fee on the PC therefore there is no excuse for PC games to be $60. Now if console games start costing $70 and PC games start costing $60 then that is acceptable, but last time I checked console games are still $60.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 neatfeatguy

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Philhellene"]No. Starcraft 2 was my first and will be my last $59.99 PC game I will buy. No more price gouging of PC gamers, please.morrowindnic

Last time I checked my paycheck isn't going up, so why should the developer's?

It's not the developer's problem you're not getting paid more. They have no control over it or over what you do with your money.

Developers have people to pay, licensing fees to pay, places to rent (if they don't own their own building), utilizes to pay, maintenance costs for repairs and the fact that it takes much longer to develop games today then it did years ago, things start to cost more in the long run. If the games take longer to develop, that means that they have to pay their people over a longer period of time to work on the game....

Does it suck that costs are going up and the majority of the population aren't getting paid more or at all due to being laid off.....damn right it does. Sadly though, it's something we have to try our best to deal with.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 neatfeatguy

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]Aww boo hoo, a developer wants to get paid for their game and people will buy it in mass for $60.

charmingcharlie

Then why aren't console games going up in price ? There is a clear reason why PC games are $10 cheaper than the console version and that is the console royalty fee. PC gamers pay the same amount to developers as console users do per copy of the game, the extra that console gamers pay goes straight into MS or Sony's pocket. There is no license or royalty fee on the PC therefore there is no excuse for PC games to be $60. Now if console games start costing $70 and PC games start costing $60 then that is acceptable, but last time I checked console games are still $60.

It's also the consumers fault for the rise in prices.

How many of you pay that extra $10-20 for a Collector's Edition on a game? Hell, some of them cause the price to double or more because of some item or items that come with the game.

While the items are novelties only and don't add any benefit to the game (aside from maybe some "special in game item" you might get from the collectors edition), the actions of people spending all this extra money on something that really doesn't cost the developer much, just goes to show them that the consumers can, will and do pay more for a video game. Be it for the 360, PS3, Wii or PC.

Now that the game prices are starting to creep up, that means the collector editions will creep up (still the general $10-20 above a basic game cost)....and people will continue to buy these overpriced editions just for simple little items that do nothing more than maybe sit on your desk or hang from your wall.

I blame both sides of the coin. I blame the greed from developers and I blame the consumers from egging the developers on from showing them that we can, have and will continue to spend more on games. They know this now....it'll be a forever ongoing battle and the consumer will always be on the losing end of things when it comes to cost.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
I've had enough of CoD for a lifetime, no thank you.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k

I didn't pay more for Starcraft 2 than a usual PC game so I can't complain. But are you serious ? If developing costs have risen so much in such a short time than why haven't console game prices increased from $60 to $70 ? For me the added $10 for a console game is because of royalty feeds and since there are none on PC a game should be and should always be $50. Everything above that is just greed from activision.

He isn't crying he is making a good point, it's his money and if he finds that $60 is too expensive than he has the option to buy a $50 game instead, and no that choice does not make developers turn to consoles.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
IMO CoD games have been console focused since Cod3 and PC as an afterthought. I haven't really played any of them for more than a week or two. They are average at best when it comes to PC shooters, plenty of better stuff out there.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
paying 60$ for cod game is just stupid , i will think about buying it if there will be russian version of the game avaible in english , it will coast around 15$ and that seems right price for a cod game :)
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

How many of you pay that extra $10-20 for a Collector's Edition on a game?

neatfeatguy

Not many people do. The vast majority of gamers buys the regular version. Doesn't that prove that we aren't willing to pay more ?

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Depends are they still using that noob engine?

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Nope, not a chance. $60 for the FPS equivalent of the Madden series (slap a fresh coat of paint on a tired formula and ship it) just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 neatfeatguy

[QUOTE="neatfeatguy"]

How many of you pay that extra $10-20 for a Collector's Edition on a game?

R4gn4r0k

Not many people do. The vast majority of gamers buys the regular version. Doesn't that prove that we aren't willing to pay more ?

Nope, it still shows them that people are willing to pay more.

Provide a service, show people what you can do compared to a similar company with similar products, then charge more over your competition because you have a better (yet similar) product - this happens all the time at businesses. Once these companies see they are still making sales at the higher prices and profiting from it they'll eventually creep up their overall pricing.

Go to a restaurant, check their wine list prices and what wines they have. Next time you go out, find a similar restaurant and check the wine list prices there and compare what you find. The better of the two (or perhaps one is known more for their wine selection) will have higher prices on the same products. They do this because people there will pay the prices for what they offer. Same thing is happening in the PC gaming market.

These developers are noticing that consumers are still buying their games at higher pricing; be it a physical copy from a retail store or a digital copy via Steam, EA Online, D2D and whatever other digital stores are out there. Thus they are adapting to their findings and slowly starting to charge more for their products.

I have yet to buy a Call of Duty game on the PC since Call of Duty 2 (my younger brother bought me a copy of World at War for like $9 off amazon a little ways back, but I have refused to buy their Call of Duty games) for a couple reasons:

1) I'm cheap and I rarely spend over $25 on a game.

2) I disliked how Call of Duty Modern Warfare played (more so in MW2, the first was ok) after playing the games with my brother on his 360.

I'd be interested in buying a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but it's still priced at $30. No way in hell I'd pay that much for that game because I'm cheap. If I can ever find a new copy at $20 or less, I'd buy it (no I don't do ebay, not a fan of it due to past issues).

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzxvDTPm-g&feature=related

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#34 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Nope. CoD just isn't very interesting to me.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

No... But if i get it as a Christmas gift or something, i'll still play it! :P

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
Possibly, last CoD game I bought was 4 on the Xbox, wasn't really interested in MW2, this looks pretty fun.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Meh, thinking about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Perhaps. If maybe the make the gun play a bit more fun (i.e. recoil, not 100% accurate, actually have to aim at long range not hip fire spam etc- basically make it more cod4ish),

not having an aids list of perks like one man army (hurrr durrr sit in a corner and spam noob tube for an entire round),

Commando (hurrr durrr teleport knife- well now they have some sort of stupid ballistic knife- I mean wtf knife is supposed to be a last resort and at least take skill to kill someone with, hence why it's always embaressing to die by it. Now it's better than a tactical nuke),

Not having stupid kill streaks (least there is no tactical nuke but a napalm strike will probably be aids and the SR71 strike is probably a tact nuke anyway lol).

More open/larger maps and a 32 player count. Cod4 maps were for the most part fine with 32 players, apart from say the noobness of nade spamming in the boat, killhouse and some others.

Maybe if they fixed all of these I may get it, but they won't, so I probably will not be getting it.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
If they balance the game, bring back the bullet penetration from COD 4 and have dedicated servers, and for ****'s sake, 32 players. I will.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzxvDTPm-g&feature=related

mattuk69

Somewhere, someplace, a village is missing its idiot.

Skipped MW2 so I'll be avoiding this one as well.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

The "boohoo $60 game" argument is stupid.

We have every right to be pissed off about that. Game quality has gone straight down the ****er these days, with crappy dev teams taking all sorts of short cuts and noobifying games for consolers. Your game is not worth $60, believe me.

And lol at anyone who pays $60 for a PC game, within two weeks the price will fall somewhere to a normal price and within a couple months it will be half off.

Perhaps. If maybe the make the gun play a bit more fun (i.e. recoil, not 100% accurate, actually have to aim at long range not hip fire spam etc- basically make it more cod4ish),

not having an aids list of perks like one man army (hurrr durrr sit in a corner and spam noob tube for an entire round),

Commando (hurrr durrr teleport knife- well now they have some sort of stupid ballistic knife- I mean wtf knife is supposed to be a last resort and at least take skill to kill someone with, hence why it's always embaressing to die by it. Now it's better than a tactical nuke),

Not having stupid kill streaks (least there is no tactical nuke but a napalm strike will probably be aids and the SR71 strike is probably a tact nuke anyway lol).

More open/larger maps and a 32 player count. Cod4 maps were for the most part fine with 32 players, apart from say the noobness of nade spamming in the boat, killhouse and some others.

Maybe if they fixed all of these I may get it, but they won't, so I probably will not be getting it.

October_Tide

But then it wouldn't be CoD, lol.

r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#42 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

No more for me. The campaigns are overdone, with a lot of one-time features that don't show up more than once. It's about the experience, yes, but I don't feel like I'm fully immersed in a warzone anymore. It's all special forces, small squads, and over-the-top action. For about five hours you get this.

...and then you move on to the chaotic multiplayer. So no, I won't be playing Black Ops.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
No, I prefer to spend money on good games.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Yes!

I missed the last 2 CoD games and I loved the MW2 multiplayer for the short time I played it on the free weekend.

Daytona_178

Get Cod4 seriously its the best (of the newer cods, and imo the best overall MP wise)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
Not getting any COD games after the disgrace that was COD4.ampiva
Agreed with this guy. Except I bought that Call of Duty pack that was 30 bucks on Steam when it was on sale. How could you go wrong though for all of them for 30 bucks.
iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

honestly to be a true gamer, you have to try all games and stop crying about what a publisher does (although activision is like none i've seen before). movie enthusiast watch ALL films from the worst ones like twilight all the way up to shawshank redemption and memento because well, its still a film and its a new experience. if you think the price is too high then dont buy it at release. just because a previous version wasnt good that doesnt mean the next installment would be bad. i hated mw2 but i didnt regret my purchase i spent a good amount of hours in it and experienced some thing new even though it was awful and i learned more about what makes a game bad.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#47 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Yes I will, end of the year is a little quieter now a few games got pushed into 2011. I enjoyed MW2 online even with the problematic online system. I like my shooters and will be getting it.
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
Will not be buy the expansion pack for MW2.SF_KiLLaMaN
this
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
I might. I really need a solid fps game to just jump in and play.. bad company 2's matches took forever, Team fortress 2 isn't really my style.. I might get this or medal of honnor.. or even both. It does look like a reskinned version of mw2 but maybey they'll make the killstreaks not as strong.. very cool like the dogs in waw.. those were just awesome. I really liked waw better than mw2 but the unlocks and the feel of the guns just weren't there..
gabrielkipp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 gabrielkipp77
Member since 2010 • 142 Posts
No way! I have seen a gameplay video of it and though it was just like mw2. My favorite CoD's were the ones in the World Wars, and Mw1.