thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

So I have £6.99 that has just been refunded back onto my steam account, cant pick anything with it.

First post that suggests a game close enough to the £6.99 I have on my account I'll buy (if I dont already own)

mirautaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 mirautaj
Member since 2006 • 365 Posts

Enter the Gungeon

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I was gonna say Rainbow 6 siege standard for €12, but the sale has ended, now the starter edition is €15. It's still a fair price for that game. It's a few years old, but they keep adding new content, and everything is unlockable no matter the version (unlocking with xp takes a lot of time of course).

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thehig1

Due to these forums being dead took to long for a reply, already bought Road Redemption.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts
@thehig1 said:

Due to these forums being dead took to long for a reply, already bought Road Redemption.

A lot of people jumped from this forum 10-12 (or however long it's been now) years back when they changed the layout, removed a bunch of stuff and then took way too long to fix the glaring issues the new format brought.

Sadly, yes, I'd pretty much consider the PC Hardware/Software forums to be close to dead.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@neatfeatguy said:
@thehig1 said:

A lot of people jumped from this forum 10-12 (or however long it's been now) years back when they changed the layout, removed a bunch of stuff and then took way too long to fix the glaring issues the new format brought.

Sadly, yes, I'd pretty much consider the PC Hardware/Software forums to be close to dead.

Where did everyone go?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts
@Diddies said:
@neatfeatguy said:
@thehig1 said:

Where did everyone go?

They didn't stay here, that's for sure. Gamespot, pre-forum revamp, was actually a great place to pick up news on new hardware for PC and even games, so many people posted here. Then, a change of ownership, forum and front page (total site overhaul....I don't remember if the site was revamped first or if it was new ownership that came along first) were changed, people hated it and left. There used to be a good team that reviewed PC games....they used to have a good rating system for people to rate and review games....they used to have awesome communities you could setup on the gamespot forums and so much more. This site is just a shadow of it's former shelf. I stop by about once every 10-12 days. If I comment on something, I may check back within the next 24-48 hours to see if anyone has left a comment for me.....About the only active thing I do on this site anymore is keep my blog updated with my backlog of games. I haven't kept up with adding new games to the incomplete list, I pretty much just add game to the end of the list once I beat it.

PC hardware - lots of other better places such as: Techpowerup.com, Anadtech.com, hexus.net, tomshardware.com, Guru3D.com and a slew of many others. Don't forget you have the ever active Hardware and Operating Systems topic on the Steam forums.

PC games - IGN, Rockpapershotgun.com, polygon.com and a lot of gaming platforms such as Steam or GoG (for example) have forums people frequent because, well, because they play their games through those platforms.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts
@thehig1 said:

Should've pointed at least a genre you're interested in, would never recommend on Road Redemption - horrible game, I'd rather pick up some indie game or quality game on sale.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1

@PredatorRules: wasnt bothered what genre just wanted a complete random selection.

Road redemption is alright

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts

@thehig1: If you've got spare change there're some good games on sale for under 5$ right now like Nine Parchments and Plants vs Zombies GOTY edition.