Phenom vs Bulldozer

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

will not drop below 95$ in sales and going intel will cost you at least 280$ and that without a SLI / Crossfire Compatible motherboard :P just the cheapest and intel next generation or amd next generation next year won't bring price down by more then 10% then current price

marcthpro

probably buy it next paycheck then. shame it can't be overclocked.

Like I said I was going to do a full upgrade to ivy bridge but I think I will wait.

This is probably the only worthwhile upgrade then, maybe gpu since than can be transferred over. ddr2 ram not worth buying.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

im telling you bro, intel cpu's are clock for clock about 50% faster than amd cpu's. So a pentium g620 at 2.6 ghz is equivalent to a phenom II at approximately 3.9 ghz. Not to mention what the above posters stated, intel cpu's offer a smoother gaming experience than AMD cpu's. It is something I experienced first hand.

Ihave owned an athlon II x3 435 "rana", upgraded to a phenom II x2 555 BE, upgraded to a phenom II x4 955 BE, then upgraded to a core i5 2500k (which was a HUGEE leap) then upgraded to a core i7 2700k (which was pretty much same thing but felt smoother again). After that I found a deal for a cheap sandy bridge celeron which had good reviews and only cost $40 so I took that leap of faith and bought it for my back up computer. I have put it through some strenuous tests and it definitely FEELS smoother than even the phenom II x4 955 BE. I was highly impressed that a $40 cpu was able to game so well. So I highly recommend you take that leap of faith, and go for that sandy bridge celeron/pentium and pick up a cheap p67 motherboard.

I guarantee that you won't regret it. 2 years down the road when you think you need an upgrade get the quad core ivy bridge processor and just pop it into your motherboard for another 3 solid years. There are alot of hardcore AMD fanboys on these forums don't let them tell you different, you don't even need to listen to me, go with what all the factual reviews out there are saying.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jakes456

im telling you bro, intel cpu's are clock for clock about 50% faster than amd cpu's. So a pentium g620 at 2.6 ghz is equivalent to a phenom II at approximately 3.9 ghz. Not to mention what the above posters stated, intel cpu's offer a smoother gaming experience than AMD cpu's. It is something I experienced first hand.

Ihave owned an athlon II x3 435 "rana", upgraded to a phenom II x2 555 BE, upgraded to a phenom II x4 955 BE, then upgraded to a core i5 2500k (which was a HUGEE leap) then upgraded to a core i7 2700k (which was pretty much same thing but felt smoother again). After that I found a deal for a cheap sandy bridge celeron which had good reviews and only cost $40 so I took that leap of faith and bought it for my back up computer. I have put it through some strenuous tests and it definitely FEELS smoother than even the phenom II x4 955 BE. I was highly impressed that a $40 cpu was able to game so well. So I highly recommend you take that leap of faith, and go for that sandy bridge celeron/pentium and pick up a cheap p67 motherboard.

I guarantee that you won't regret it. 2 years down the road when you think you need an upgrade get the quad core ivy bridge processor and just pop it into your motherboard for another 3 solid years. There are alot of hardcore AMD fanboys on these forums don't let them tell you different, you don't even need to listen to me, go with what all the factual reviews out there are saying.

blaznwiipspman1

I don't disagree with you at all. I have looked at the comparisons. My next build will be Intel. I haven't been Intel Since P4.

I was waiting for Ivy Bridge to be released and I was going to fully upgrade my 5+ year old computer. I have decided against it for now though.

The thing about the Phenom cpu is that I don't have to change anything. If I go Intel now, I have to change mobo - ram - cpu. So if I do that I might as well get a new case, new power supply, new gpu, ssd, etc.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

that depend of ur current rig jakes for PSU / GPU and i mention that going intel even next year will cost you 200$ if you seek a i5 2500k + 60$ minimum for a mobo that will not support sli / Crossfire (M-ATX) with only 2 or 4 Ram Slot lot of M-ATX only have 2 slot : you then gotta buy DDR3 memory 4GB-8GB is recommended

A video card is perhap the best thing you can upgrade depend of what you have if you got funds to upgrade to intel you can do so now : we don't know if hashwell of intel will bring much better processing power then sandy bridge but i think it will be at least 30% faster hopefully and it lauch could still be delayed

ivy / sandy are basically same thing expect 10W difference and +1-2FPS when both at same clock

but we do know if hashwell launch a kind of i5 4570K (Sucessor of Ivy Bridge 3570K) it would still be around 200$ and with a motherboard of around 100$ with same DDR3 memory use Am3 / Am3+ / LGA 1155/1156 the end going ram + cpu + mobo will alway cost 3x more then just upgrading Phenom II X4 945 but it would bring up to +25FPS over Phenom II X4 945 in various game even at 1920x1080 but most of game are gpu dependent so gpu first : cpu second

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

blaznwiipspman1

To sum itup you dont know what your doing if you upgraded that many times..... Also recommending a dual core is also a waste of money when an AMD quad core beats intel dual cores with multithreaded apps and games.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

blaznwiipspman1

You have no idea about anything.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

GummiRaccoon

You have no idea about anything.

242.png

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

blaznwiipspman1
Didn't you have an i5 760 and an i7 2600K?
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
HUGE boost with the Phenom 2.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jakes456

HUGE boost with the Phenom 2.shakmaster13

Does your Phenom bottleneck your gpu in any games?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]HUGE boost with the Phenom 2.jakes456

Nope
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]HUGE boost with the Phenom 2.jakes456

As far as I know a Phenom II can max out any game on the market provided you have a GPU capable of maxing the games out.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="marcthpro"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

yes it is. Because that is the top upgrade path to you I have a buddy with a athlon II x4 640 and it cost him 100 bucks and that will be slightly faster

You don't need to overclock to get decent performance. I used to OC my 955 to 3.7GHz but I put it back to 3.2 because it didn't make that big of a difference.

Elann2008

then ur GPU Was Weak :-/ or you tested GPU dependent game IE metro 2033

there plenty other bench that show overclock do great on Phenom II X4 not just intel i5 2500k :P anyway if he plan to stay from a upgrade for at least 2 year the phenom II X4 945 worth the money else he need to spend almos three time to get a i5 2500k + H61 or H67 not to mention DDR3 memory that another 30$

when it sure a Phenom II X4 945 will be 10FPS Behnd a Bulldozer FX8150 at 4.1Ghz in lot of game it still worthy over 40FPS Behind with an Athelon 64 X 2 (First dual core)

like if he plan to get the Phenom II X4 945 and in almost 2 year a hashwell it could worth there no reason to wait 1 year for a upgrade when for 100$ you can get Lot of performances

well it up to him if he want the Very Extra FPS in RTS / Other Cpu dependent game but so far i think a cpu upgrade then a whole upgrade in 2-3 year is what best

Phenom II x4 are really good cpu's but from personal experience... even 965 BE reporting 60fps in BF3.. the game isn't truly smooth.. When I played BF3 with my current build, the difference is night and day... so smooth... no longer am I dying because of stuttering or the game chugging. You do really get what you pay for, and especially with the right brand. I think we look too much into benchmark numbers.. and not real world performance concerning games.

The 955 definitely isn't buttery smooth in some games, BF3 being a good example.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jakes456

My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.V4LENT1NE

Never played Dirt 3, but WoW really? I have no problem running WoW maxed with my setup.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 V4LENT1NE

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.jakes456

Never played Dirt 3, but WoW really? I have no problem running WoW maxed with my setup.

I never said I had a problem running it, I said that my CPU feels like it holds me back, I went from 2 x 4870s to a GTX 580 and barely got an FPS increase, and changing the video settings barely improves FPS. I still run the game great but I have seen people with the higher Intel CPUs doing much better than me on the forums.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="jakes456"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.V4LENT1NE

I never said I had a problem running it, I said that my CPU feels like it holds me back, I went from 2 x 4870s to a GTX 580 and barely got an FPS increase, and changing the video settings barely improves FPS. I still run the game great but I have seen people with the higher Intel CPUs doing much better than me on the forums.

They have done tests with the 7970 when it came out and they concluded that Phenom 2 x4 at 3ghz+ dont hold back the gpu at 1600x1200 or higher resolution as long as the game is more gpu dependent. however you are running an older Phenom 2 based on the AM2+ which does has a slower bus speed.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 V4LENT1NE
[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="jakes456"]

04dcarraher

They have done tests with the 7970 when it came out and they concluded that Phenom 2 x4 at 3ghz+ dont hold back the gpu at 1600x1200 or higher resolution as long as the game is more gpu dependent. however you are running an older Phenom 2 based on the AM2+ which does has a slower bus speed.

Yeah true, I mean the game is more than fine but it just feels like I could be getting more, in GPU based games I do great but in CPU ones not so much.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 EliteM0nk3y

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] I never said I had a problem running it, I said that my CPU feels like it holds me back, I went from 2 x 4870s to a GTX 580 and barely got an FPS increase, and changing the video settings barely improves FPS. I still run the game great but I have seen people with the higher Intel CPUs doing much better than me on the forums.V4LENT1NE

Yeah true, I mean the game is more than fine but it just feels like I could be getting more, in GPU based games I do great but in CPU ones not so much.

I notice some stuttering in CPU dependent games even with 955BE. I'm hoping to overclock so it can last me another year or 2.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] They have done tests with the 7970 when it came out and they concluded that Phenom 2 x4 at 3ghz+ dont hold back the gpu at 1600x1200 or higher resolution as long as the game is more gpu dependent. however you are running an older Phenom 2 based on the AM2+ which does has a slower bus speed. EliteM0nk3y

I notice some stuttering in CPU dependent games even with 955BE. I'm hoping to overclock so it can last me another year or 2.

I have my 955 at 3.6 ghz
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 EliteM0nk3y

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] Yeah true, I mean the game is more than fine but it just feels like I could be getting more, in GPU based games I do great but in CPU ones not so much.04dcarraher

I have my 955 at 3.6 ghz

Mine is still at 3.2 GHz. Hopefully over the summer I will overclock. 'Cause it would be nice to play Skyrim and BF3 MP smoothly.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

EliteM0nk3y

I have my 955 at 3.6 ghz

Mine is still at 3.2 GHz. Hopefully over the summer I will overclock. 'Cause it would be nice to play Skyrim and BF3 MP smoothly.

Are you sure it's your CPU? My C2D @ 4.5GHz does fine in both games.. What videocard do you have?
Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#73 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

EliteM0nk3y

I have my 955 at 3.6 ghz

Mine plays Skyrim very smooth at max settings, BF3 fairly smooth though it drops into the 30s at times.
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#74 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

[QUOTE="marcthpro"]

will not drop below 95$ in sales and going intel will cost you at least 280$ and that without a SLI / Crossfire Compatible motherboard :P just the cheapest and intel next generation or amd next generation next year won't bring price down by more then 10% then current price

jakes456

probably buy it next paycheck then. shame it can't be overclocked.

Like I said I was going to do a full upgrade to ivy bridge but I think I will wait.

This is probably the only worthwhile upgrade then, maybe gpu since than can be transferred over. ddr2 ram not worth buying.

You can OC the Phenom II x4 945. You don't get a multiplier that's unlocked, but you can always up the FSB. I took my younger brother's Phenom II x4 840 (I know, not a true Phenom II since it lacks L3 cache) up from 3.2GHz to just under 3.4GHz without adjusting the voltage and it ran just fine under any stress tests and games I put it through.

So you most likely won't be able to push the 945 as high as you can with most other Black Edition Phenom IIs, but you can OC it a bit if you want a little extra performance boost.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 EliteM0nk3y

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] I have my 955 at 3.6 ghzsuperclocked

Are you sure it's your CPU? My C2D @ 4.5GHz does fine in both games.. What videocard do you have?

I have a 560 Ti, that should be plenty. Here are the settings I use, plus the HD texture pack from Bethesda

S93co.jpg

VpyYf.jpg

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
If you have the 1GB version, then he stuttering is likely from a lack of VRAM.. Monitor your VRAM usage and see if it gets near 2GB. Also, enable FXAA to make your 4xAA look almost the same as 8xMSAA ;)
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 04dcarraher
If you have the 1GB version, then he stuttering is likely from a lack of VRAM.. Monitor your VRAM usage and see if it gets near 2GB. Also, enable FXAA to make your 4xAA look almost the same as 8xMSAA ;)superclocked
I have a GTX 560 OC'ed to ti performance and leaving 4x AA off and using FXAA really helps.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GummiRaccoon

My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.V4LENT1NE

haha ok

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 V4LENT1NE

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.GummiRaccoon

haha ok

WoW got overhauled a while ago which added better multi CPU support and DX11, its not as easy to run at max settings as it used to be, the game uses my Quad Core to the max, even at 3.8Ghz I still get framerate drops sometimes in boss fights and busy places. I know that people with worse GPUs but better CPUs like the i5 2500k or even the older i7 920s used to get more stable peformance than me. But hey, why am I even saying this to someone who trolls every thread on here.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]My Phenom II has started holding me back in certain games, I have a 940 Quad Black Edition overclocked and in games like WoW and Dirt 3 my peformance isnt that great any more, its still good on max settings but it doesnt matter if I have the video settings higher or a little lower I still cant really get a good fps boost. And thats with a GTX 580, I would like to get an i5 2500k soon and an SSD.V4LENT1NE

haha ok

WoW got overhauled a while ago which added better multi CPU support and DX11, its not as easy to run at max settings as it used to be, the game uses my Quad Core to the max, even at 3.8Ghz I still get framerate drops sometimes in boss fights and busy places. I know that people with worse GPUs but better CPUs like the i5 2500k or even the older i7 920s used to get more stable peformance than me. But hey, why am I even saying this to someone who trolls every thread on here.

You got to be kidding me , Dirt 2 and 3 runs just fine on my system, and with WOW's experiential direct x 11 is very poorly optimized. Even with a i7 980x at 3.7ghz sees with a GTX 580 see's 30%+ decrease in performance vs dx 9. Their just tacking on top of the old engine. Even at 1080 with that cpu and gpu you only see an average of 65 fps vs the 100+ with direct x 9. Even so a Phenom 2 X4 at 3 ghz+ should get an average of 50-55 fps with same gpu. So with your GTX 560ti expect upto 40% less FPS then with a GTX 580 with dx11.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

haha ok

Bro, do you know how technology works? When they added better multi core support your performance GOES UP NOT DOWN.

I have a 955 and a 6950 and the only times I have performance issues is in laggrimar. And even then it is not bad. You just have pebkac

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I have the FX-6100(hex) and I absolutely love it! I know the FX series gets a bad rap, but I've had 0 issues with mine. Now a friend of mine up here had the FX-4100 and disliked it. He ended up trading it in for a Intel chip. He had it overclocked to 4.1ghz I believe, but he said it's performance couldn't match his older Phenom processor. They say the FX series chips perform better with Windows8, at least that's what Ive read. There are a couple of Hot Fixes for Windows7 that also help with the performance of this series chip. If I was wealthy, or had the extra $$ I may have went with a higher level cpu, or something from Intel, but for the price I'm completely satisfied with my FX chip. You may wanna check the reviews on the 4100 though. I also think the 4100 could do well if it were paired with a high end graphics card, but then again if the other one is better, and not much cheaper, you might as well go with that.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 V4LENT1NE

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

haha ok

GummiRaccoon

Bro, do you know how technology works? When they added better multi core support your performance GOES UP NOT DOWN.

I have a 955 and a 6950 and the only times I have performance issues is in laggrimar. And even then it is not bad. You just have pebkac

I thought you were implying that WoW is easy to run, hence why I said they overhauled it and keep it up to date graphically, which is why it still pushes recent systems although still being an older game. I dont get many peformance issues in Orgrimmar, I only get low FPS sometimes in raids like Dragon Soul and certain other parts of the world. Thankyou for another useless post.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] WoW got overhauled a while ago which added better multi CPU support and DX11, its not as easy to run at max settings as it used to be, the game uses my Quad Core to the max, even at 3.8Ghz I still get framerate drops sometimes in boss fights and busy places. I know that people with worse GPUs but better CPUs like the i5 2500k or even the older i7 920s used to get more stable peformance than me. But hey, why am I even saying this to someone who trolls every thread on here.V4LENT1NE

I thought you were implying that WoW is easy to run, hence why I said they overhauled it and keep it up to date graphically, which is why it still pushes recent systems although still being an older game. I dont get many peformance issues in Orgrimmar, I only get low FPS sometimes in raids like Dragon Soul and certain other parts of the world. Thankyou for another useless post.

I am not the one saying that they can't play wow at decent settings.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 V4LENT1NE

GummiRaccoon

I have played at max settings all the time I have played WoW, you just probably havent seen any high detail settings because people dont let you into raids.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] I thought you were implying that WoW is easy to run, hence why I said they overhauled it and keep it up to date graphically, which is why it still pushes recent systems although still being an older game. I dont get many peformance issues in Orgrimmar, I only get low FPS sometimes in raids like Dragon Soul and certain other parts of the world. Thankyou for another useless post.V4LENT1NE

I have played at max settings all the time I have played WoW, you just probably havent seen any high detail settings because people dont let you into raids.

That statement makes me think you haven't even played the game other than questing.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 V4LENT1NE

GummiRaccoon

That statement makes me think you haven't even played the game other than questing.

Ok.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] I have played at max settings all the time I have played WoW, you just probably havent seen any high detail settings because people dont let you into raids.V4LENT1NE

Ok.

Explain then how going into raids makes me see more high detail settings. Let alone how the LFR system works that any sh*tty can join and kill deathwing while afk.

So in conclusion that was a terrible attempt on your part, try again.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 V4LENT1NE

GummiRaccoon

Ok.

Explain then how going into raids makes me see more high detail settings. Let alone how the LFR system works that any sh*tty can join and kill deathwing while afk.

Dragon Soul was a lot harder on my system than a lot of other parts, especially Ultraxion. But honestly there is no way to prove what I have done in WoW so I guess its pointless isnt it. I am not bothered if you try to take another shot at me I have nothing to prove, you just like arguing with people for no reason.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] Ok.V4LENT1NE

Dragon Soul was a lot harder on my system than a lot of other parts, especially Ultraxion. But honestly there is no way to prove what I have done in WoW so I guess its pointless isnt it. I am not bothered if you try to take another shot at me I have nothing to prove, you just like arguing with people for no reason.

You probably have some addons that are messing up your performance.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 V4LENT1NE

GummiRaccoon

I only ran raids with grid, recount and dbm, and even with them disabled I got some pretty bad drops on Ultraxion. My peformance wasnt bad its just not as smooth as it used to be but my CPU is quite old now so its probably close to replacement time anyway.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] Dragon Soul was a lot harder on my system than a lot of other parts, especially Ultraxion. But honestly there is no way to prove what I have done in WoW so I guess its pointless isnt it. I am not bothered if you try to take another shot at me I have nothing to prove, you just like arguing with people for no reason.V4LENT1NE

I only ran raids with grid, recount and dbm, and even with them disabled I got some pretty bad drops on Ultraxion. My peformance wasnt bad its just not as smooth as it used to be but my CPU is quite old now so its probably close to replacement time anyway.

Last time I looked there were performance problems with grid and recount on ultraxion.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 EliteM0nk3y

If you have the 1GB version, then he stuttering is likely from a lack of VRAM.. Monitor your VRAM usage and see if it gets near 2GB. Also, enable FXAA to make your 4xAA look almost the same as 8xMSAA ;)superclocked

Yea it was the VRAM, it was just under 1GB, so I have reduced the AA to X2 with FXAA. Hopefully that helps. I'll check BF3 as well.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I'm GPU limited in every game, but my GPU is quite old now. IMO a phenom 2 at 3.6ghz will not hold back GPUs less than a GTX 580, and even then it won't make a big difference in most games.

I play BF3 and Skyrim fine.