PC wizz needed PLEASE HELP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lord-azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 lord-azrael
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts

Well my PC auto DLed some new windows updates yesterday and restarted as usual but was greeted by this when the PC loaded up

RTHDCPL.EXE- Illegal system DLL Relocation

the system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory.The application will not run properly.The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs.The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL

What the hell does that mean and what the hell do I do,everything is still working but im scared something will die and my PC will go BOOM!!!What is a DLL vendor and how do i find out who mine is?

Thanks in advance 

Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
For starters..RTHDCPL.EXE is the Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager, so this is your audio driver's control panel application. And HHCTRL is the Microsoft HTML Help Control, my guess is that the latest update to Windows caused some incompatibility with the Realtek utility. So the first thing to try is to update the Realtek software on your machine and see if that will makes things better..
SSJBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 SSJBen
Member since 2003 • 7071 Posts

Well my PC auto DLed some new windows updates yesterday and restarted as usual but was greeted by this when the PC loaded up

RTHDCPL.EXE- Illegal system DLL Relocation

the system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory.The application will not run properly.The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs.The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL

What the hell does that mean and what the hell do I do,everything is still working but im scared something will die and my PC will go BOOM!!!What is a DLL vendor and how do i find out who mine is?

Thanks in advance 

lord-azrael
Don't worry. Thats a very common issue, the latest drivers for XP just somehow detected Realtek as a missing dll file for whatever reason. So if your mobo is using Realtek as its onboard audio, then problem like this arise. Don't worry though, its not a big issue. Realtek is coming up with a small fix for this in the mean time.
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raz0redge
I recently built a new machine with the Asus P5N-E that has this Realtek HD chip and haven't had this problem yet using the drivers that came on the Asus CD..
ldonyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ldonyo
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts
I got the same message, but for a file in TUGzip. I ignored it and haven't been bothered since. At some point, I'll have to reinstall TUGzip, but I'm not going to worry about it.
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts
Kind of a sucky problem to have, especially something like audio compatibility with HTML.
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Raz0redge
Turns out that there are others having the same problem. Reference this MS Article which describes your exact problems.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
if you ever get an error that is confusing to you jsut google it... way easier then asking on a forum