PC help please, keeps getting blue screen error 1A

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 buttfacebob545
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

My pc I just built continues to get randomly a blue screen crash, saying memory management. And has a stop code error, ending with 1A. I don't know what the heck is wrong and I'm sick of this.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts
Could be bad RAM,or PSU,What PSU do you have? and RAM? Try reseating the ram sticks.
buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 buttfacebob545
Could be bad RAM,or PSU,What PSU do you have? and RAM? Try reseating the ram sticks.CUDGEdave
I have a Corsair non modular 80 + Tx750. RAM I have Patriot G2 series 8gb. And reseating as in just removing them from the clicker and reinserting?
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CUDGEdave
[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]Could be bad RAM,or PSU,What PSU do you have? and RAM? Try reseating the ram sticks.buttfacebob545
I have a Corsair non modular 80 + Tx750. RAM I have Patriot G2 series 8gb. And reseating as in just removing them from the clicker and reinserting?

Yes,try that.
buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 buttfacebob545
Ok. Will I have to remove the mother board (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have too) and re install anything? Or something like that?
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CUDGEdave
No you shouldnt have to,Usually you just have to unclip the sticks and reinsert,What is your mobo by the way? Also test each stick (Just have one stick in and see how the PC runs)
buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 buttfacebob545
Well.. I'm angry I didn't get a better one. But I got the ASUS P8P67 LE. Okay, so I will unplug the power supply and power my pc off, and try this. Thank you.
buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 buttfacebob545
Well.. I'm angry I didn't get a better one. But I got the ASUS P8P67 LE. Okay, so I will unplug the power supply and power my pc off, and try this. Thank you. buttfacebob545
Also, what if I try flipping them, as in I remove them both, and then put one in one slot and then one in another? Just switching them?
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CUDGEdave
The best thing is to do one at a time,then "if" your ram is faulty you'll know which stick is.
buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 buttfacebob545
The best thing is to do one at a time,then "if" your ram is faulty you'll know which stick is.CUDGEdave
Ok, just un did one, took it out, checked it out without touching the metal parts and only the plastic, then pushed it all the way back in and clicked both ends. Then did the same for the other, and checked my computer and system and it says i have my 8.00 GB ddr3 working. So yea I did it correctly. And if I get a blue screen again, I'll try to contact you on here.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
This program might help you to some extend, if you can post the errors you are getting here on the forum: http://download.cnet.com/BlueScreenView/3000-2094_4-10965136.html?tag=mncol;7
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]The best thing is to do one at a time,then "if" your ram is faulty you'll know which stick is.buttfacebob545
Ok, just un did one, took it out, checked it out without touching the metal parts and only the plastic, then pushed it all the way back in and clicked both ends. Then did the same for the other, and checked my computer and system and it says i have my 8.00 GB ddr3 working. So yea I did it correctly. And if I get a blue screen again, I'll try to contact you on here.

I think whatbuttfacebob545 was trying to say was this:

1) power down your PC

2) Remove your RAM

3) Put 1 stick the first DIMM slot (consult your MB manual) and then power on your PC. If your PC powers up into Windows, run it for a bit to see if you get errors.

4) Go back to steps 1-3, however this time use the OTHER stick of RAM and power your PC on. Run it for a while to see if it errors on you.

If at anytime you cannot get your PC to load up with one of those sticks of RAM, then that stick is for sure bad. If your PC loads up with both sticks, you could still be having issues. You can see if you can run Memtest86, if you need help getting that to work you can ask here.

buttfacebob545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 buttfacebob545

[QUOTE="buttfacebob545"][QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]The best thing is to do one at a time,then "if" your ram is faulty you'll know which stick is.neatfeatguy

I think whatbuttfacebob545 was trying to say was this:

1) power down your PC

2) Remove your RAM

3) Put 1 stick the first DIMM slot (consult your MB manual) and then power on your PC. If your PC powers up into Windows, run it for a bit to see if you get errors.

4) Go back to steps 1-3, however this time use the OTHER stick of RAM and power your PC on. Run it for a while to see if it errors on you.

If at anytime you cannot get your PC to load up with one of those sticks of RAM, then that stick is for sure bad. If your PC loads up with both sticks, you could still be having issues. You can see if you can run Memtest86, if you need help getting that to work you can ask here.

Well, I reseated them and clicked them both back in, and nothing has happened since. So let's hope everything's alright.