PC Case recommendations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Hey people, can anyone recommend me a sweet pc case? price doesn't matter so much as long as its not silly expensive, preferably comes with an awesome cooling set up out of the box and quiet-ish? if possible, thanks :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

Do you want full tower or midi tower?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Good cheap case with everything you need Rosewill CHALLENGER

Higher quality mid tower Corsair 400r

For Full towers you have the Rosewill THOR v2 , HAF 932 or X , and Corsair Obsidian series.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 amafi
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I love fractal design's define r4 case more than I do most of my family. Great to work in, doesn't look like some garish eyesore, every air inlet has an easily removable dust filter, there's plenty of room for good cable routing, and the thermals and acoustics are fantastic.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

If you don't mind size, the bigger is normally better more room to work with easier to keep decent airflow in the rig too.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

Hey people, can anyone recommend me a sweet pc case? price doesn't matter so much as long as its not silly expensive, preferably comes with an awesome cooling set up out of the box and quiet-ish? if possible, thanks :)

Corsair 200R, 300R, 400R, 500R - what ever you can afford.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

In the end it all comes down to your own taste, in combination with specs. And bigger doesnt always mean better airflow..

good cases i like : define r4, 750D, 900D (bit over the top) really any obsidian from corsair i like.

But then i like clean and proffesional ooking cases more then gimmicky ones with flashy colors, or weird shapes..

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

If your goal is to have a quiet PC case the following is what I would recommend:

• Define R4
  • NZXT H440
  • Anidees 6BS
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11784 Posts

My next case is going to be Nanoxia Deep Silence 1. (they also have a deep silence 5, if you want something a little bigger)

It has nice airflow, and is expandable, it is extremely quiet, as it already has soundproofing in it, and a fan controller build right in, with some nice air pushing, and minimal noise fans. Super easy to clean, has nice cable management. It also isn't all that expensive considering the features. It will fit in it any gpu available on the market, along with any cpu cooler.

I am building my rig for music composition/mixing, and gaming. (so Quiet is one of the things I have as a top requisite) In the music scene this case is highly reputable for quiet, and cool!