OMFG! microsoft prove they have a sense of humor

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

khariss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 khariss
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23958862/ the next window is aiming 2 be out next year i mean vistas not even fixed and they are gonna release a new windows wtf :(
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
that sucks for vista users i thought microsoft was coming out with a vista sp1... idk when i will update my os to something new.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

that sucks for vista users i thought microsoft was coming out with a vista sp1... idk when i will update my os to something new.iam2green

Erm... SP1 is out.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
interesting article. Possibly they'll reward those who bought vista with a discount or something on this new OS
Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alejo17
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
that totally sucks cuz i have Vista and Vista jsut start working with fewer bugs but now they want to have a new windows dont mess with me plz
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Even Microsoft acknowledges Vista's failure. Now I'm waiting for the Vista fanboys...
Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
windows 98 FTW!!
Rottenberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rottenberry
Member since 2004 • 4908 Posts
Time to take out my wallet... AGAIN...
Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alejo17
MS sucks
processedkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 processedkill
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
This shows that they are too lazy to fix Vista and are in it for the money... no wait... this just helps prove they were like that from the start.
Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alejo17
Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep Vista
processedkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 processedkill
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
It'll be good for PC gamers. They said they were keeping the memory usage to a minimum and trying to keep it as simple as they can get it.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GodLovesDead

Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep VistaAlejo17

Vista is the piece of crap.

Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alejo17
are you talking about widnwos 7??
ShaizanHgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShaizanHgh
Member since 2006 • 1022 Posts
Vista is the Windows ME of its day.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Wow, hopefully its something new entirely...
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodLovesDead
A Windows for gamers would bring PC Gaming back to the top.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I remember the said the same thing about Vista 5 years ago but it kept being delayed.
DrewTheSchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#19 DrewTheSchu
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts

from what I've seen/heard/read, it looks almost exactly like Vista HOWEVER, it will use A LOT less resources and such.

i've had vista for a year now and i haven't had a single problem with it, but...less resources sound good to me :P

Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alejo17
aint paying 150 dolalers for a new OS
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
That was quick :|
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Well i'm not gonna say that Vista has no problems but seriously it runs better than XP and it's not because it uses a lot of resources and i "feed" it with way more than it can chew ;) i dual boot and vista runs better than Xp and it's kinda bad considering that XP has lots of years of updates and fixes.

Tough some of you waited for fan boys of Vista to respond :), i'm not a fan boy i'm just realistic + an OS is not a gaming thing and it isn't made to make your games run better;).

I have Vista for 1 year and if a new windows comes next year i will buy it, i don't feel like i've lost something in buying it so all of you who didn't shouldn't feel bad for us, the ones who bought it ;).

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
Glad i stuck with Xp 8)
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

[QUOTE="Alejo17"]Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep VistaGodLovesDead

Maybe for you, but i play all my games fine, except Gothic 3. And can do everything else with it too without any issues. And no I'm not a fanboy. I like XP too, but prefer to run Vista.

Cerberussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Cerberussian
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts
Windows XP for teh win.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm not crazy in love with Vista, but I can be honest and say it's been a pretty good OS and pretty stable since day one for me. I've read a lot of things about others and there Vista problems, I guess I just lucked out and have the perfect hardware and software for it as I've not seen all these talked about issues. If MS makes another OS I'll more than likely pick that one up and try it out to, but that's just me.

To each there own, but for me personally I don't have such a big issue with buying new OS's as I think I get more out of a new OS than I do out of the 20 or more games I buy a year at around $50.00 each (actually they've crept to $60.00 but who's keeping score).

New OS is say $320.00, I can use it every day for all kinds of things including gaming.

New Games $1,000.00, I play a lot of them for very brief periods of time before I move on to the next game.

I'm not complaining about either but when you look at it the way I stated above the OS looks pretty well priced to me. And that's considering I'd only buy 1 every 2 to 3 years or more. At that time I've spent $320.00 compared to $3,000.00 and I've actually gotten quite a good bit of use out of the software.

Looking around in my games software I'd also say 20 games is lowballing it as well.

My two cents.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _7h0m_
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts

[QUOTE="Alejo17"]Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep VistaGodLovesDead

Your argument sounds vastly empty. I'm sure you are not one of those noobs that anticipated better performance in games for Vista? Are you? After all, never did it happen in the history of operating systems to actually boost gaming performance... newer functions, services and interface graphics add a weight to the system.

...and what else is so 'crap' about vista? as far as i know, aero looks and runs fine, it's more stable, has more intergrated drivers, better interface, accessibility, voice commands, start menu, search function, it has gadgets, etc.

the only specific problems i've had are mostly very 'power user ranging' like multi monitoring issues (3+), high end audio outputs and missing options is the nvidia control panel.

awaiting your response, and im hoping it's not the ''everything is messed up lol in vista liek icons are different control panel broekn'' because it's not the case.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

Im no fanboy, But I must say i've had no problems with Vista at all. It doesnt bog down my system because its a top-end machine, and it doesnt crash.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _7h0m_
btw i have high hopes for Windows 7.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
The only people I know who have vista, got it with a new computer or some such. No businesses I know of use Vista, and nobody willingly gets it. Maybe MS decided to cut their losses with Vista before it becomes widespread, and move on to the next version of windows.
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _7h0m_
The only people I know who have vista, got it with a new computer or some such. No businesses I know of use Vista, and nobody willingly gets it. Maybe MS decided to cut their losses with Vista before it becomes widespread, and move on to the next version of windows.F1_2004
You must not know many high end users.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1_2004
You must think I can interpret your vague post to get some meaning out of it?
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rgsniper1

The only people I know who have vista, got it with a new computer or some such. No businesses I know of use Vista, and nobody willingly gets it. Maybe MS decided to cut their losses with Vista before it becomes widespread, and move on to the next version of windows.F1_2004

Funny enough I was in Best Buy a few days ago and noticed they have switched some of there machines over to Vista. The machines I'm reffering to are the ones they use for in store merchandise checking and the sort.

Second, I consider myself somewhat of a high end user and I bought and installed Vista on my home built rig.

Third, I use it for working sometimes and have clients that use it as well.

Just some thoughts.

ZanderCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 ZanderCool
Member since 2003 • 159 Posts
Windows 7 was supposed to be Microsoft's next big solid OS after XP. Vista was always slated to be a transitional OS between XP and 7. However, due to the delay that was 7 (originally called Windows 2009 if I remember correctly), they decided to integrate Vista more permanently and extend the release date of 7.
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _7h0m_
I remember the said the same thing about Vista 5 years ago but it kept being delayed. Deihmos
well put.
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _7h0m_
You must think I can interpret your vague post to get some meaning out of it?F1_2004
yes, because u'd be a loner or casual user to not know of any people using vista by choice, maybe it's just me because i'm so cool and popular but i can name you at least 10 peeps that use vista on their c2d 2gb+ 8xxx pcs. heh. >_> to each his own.
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
well thats great, never had a reson to switch to vista and they switch again, maybe ill be on xp forever
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 F1_2004
You're clearly too cool for me, and your friends know everything there is to know about Windows, so Vista is clearly a good Microsoft product. I concede :|
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 _7h0m_
You're clearly too cool for me, and your friends know everything there is to know about Windows, so Vista is clearly a good Microsoft product. I concede :|F1_2004
yeah thanks, I know, I'm pretty fly.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
im not getting a new OS until my next computer at some three years from now. Vista will work just as good for games I want to play until then.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rgsniper1

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]You're clearly too cool for me, and your friends know everything there is to know about Windows, so Vista is clearly a good Microsoft product. I concede :|_7h0m_
yeah thanks, I know, I'm pretty fly.

Ok for some reason that made me laugh. Thanks.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

from what I've seen/heard/read, it looks almost exactly like Vista HOWEVER, it will use A LOT less resources and such.

i've had vista for a year now and i haven't had a single problem with it, but...less resources sound good to me :P

aschuhart

well i read somewhere that the real visual changes wont come for another couple of builds/milestones

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

Vista is the Windows ME of its day.ShaizanHgh

Exactly! If you've been following Microsoft, you would've known that a new OS would be released in the next 1 or maybe 2 years. That's the number one reason I didn't want to bother with Vista.

AugurioS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AugurioS
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
honestly i think windows vista sucks for gaming... specialy if you wanna play kind of old games like me and my friend such as WC3 SC etc. so i ended up getting a mac for gaming... never had problems with it while playing, is always stable and never lags out as my other friends with their vista comps who always have atleast one problem with vista on lan parties... so i stay with mac os x... and just put in parallez desktop as a virtual machine with win xp if i wanna play any game not avilable for mac os and works better than in a PC O.O SO mac FTW :P
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

honestly i think windows vista sucks for gaming... specialy if you wanna play kind of old games like me and my friend such as WC3 SC etc. so i ended up getting a mac for gaming... never had problems with it while playing, is always stable and never lags out as my other friends with their vista comps who always have atleast one problem with vista on lan parties... so i stay with mac os x... and just put in parallez desktop as a virtual machine with win xp if i wanna play any game not avilable for mac os and works better than in a PC O.O SO mac FTW :PAugurioS

Okay, I'm not trying to back up Windows or Vista here, but honestly, how many games can you play on Mac OSX? And I know, it's not even Apple's fault - it's Microsoft's for locking in gaming to Direct X etc. But seriously, in this current age of gaming, Windows is the superior platform for playing games (>Mac and Linux).

Sad stuff, I know.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="Alejo17"]Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep Vista_7h0m_

Your argument sounds vastly empty. I'm sure you are not one of those noobs that anticipated better performance in games for Vista? Are you? After all, never did it happen in the history of operating systems to actually boost gaming performance... newer functions, services and interface graphics add a weight to the system.

...and what else is so 'crap' about vista? as far as i know, aero looks and runs fine, it's more stable, has more intergrated drivers, better interface, accessibility, voice commands, start menu, search function, it has gadgets, etc.

the only specific problems i've had are mostly very 'power user ranging' like multi monitoring issues (3+), high end audio outputs and missing options is the nvidia control panel.

awaiting your response, and im hoping it's not the ''everything is messed up lol in vista liek icons are different control panel broekn'' because it's not the case.

Whats the point of a new OS if it won't run things faster or do anything better? I'm not paying for something that looks a little bit nicer than something I have now thats less buggy.
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _7h0m_
[QUOTE="_7h0m_"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="Alejo17"]Hope Windows 7 will be a peace of crap so we can keep VistaTrilvester

Whats the point of a new OS if it won't run things faster or do anything better? I'm not paying for something that looks a little bit nicer than something I have now thats less buggy.

I would assume you are running Windows 2000 (and not XP)?

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _7h0m_
honestly i think windows vista sucks for gaming... specialy if you wanna play kind of old games like me and my friend such as WC3 SC etc. so i ended up getting a mac for gaming... never had problems with it while playing, is always stable and never lags out as my other friends with their vista comps who always have atleast one problem with vista on lan parties... so i stay with mac os x... and just put in parallez desktop as a virtual machine with win xp if i wanna play any game not avilable for mac os and works better than in a PC O.O SO mac FTW :PAugurioS
i feel a black hole forming because of the irony.... or something in the lines of Lost season 4. ''If anything goes wrong, AugurioS will be my constant."
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

they are better to give a big rebate for the ppl who got vista damnit...

Too all the people saying that vista=Millenium have never touched ME. Vista is a good os for computer with new tech, personally I will never go back to XP.

AugurioS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AugurioS
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="AugurioS"]honestly i think windows vista sucks for gaming... specialy if you wanna play kind of old games like me and my friend such as WC3 SC etc. so i ended up getting a mac for gaming... never had problems with it while playing, is always stable and never lags out as my other friends with their vista comps who always have atleast one problem with vista on lan parties... so i stay with mac os x... and just put in parallez desktop as a virtual machine with win xp if i wanna play any game not avilable for mac os and works better than in a PC O.O SO mac FTW :P1carus

Okay, I'm not trying to back up Windows or Vista here, but honestly, how many games can you play on Mac OSX? And I know, it's not even Apple's fault - it's Microsoft's for locking in gaming to Direct X etc. But seriously, in this current age of gaming, Windows is the superior platform for playing games (>Mac and Linux).

Sad stuff, I know.

well... a lot of games are available for mac os... probably you don't see them if you don't look for them... like the games i mention before are for mac os too as well as the rest of blizard's games... actually the only game i run on my VM that is not for mac os is guildwars... and im not talking about microsoft itself im talking about windows vista only... considering also the fact that almost all the new cool PC's that are coming out can only run windows vista.. and yes... it's sad that windows is the superior platform for gaming when there are better OS like linux and mac os out there... but that just the way i see it... just giving my opinion out here,,,,