Oh My God! Guitar Hero 3 Reccomended System Requirements.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kort-nilsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kort-nilsen
Member since 2004 • 1161 Posts
Oh this makes sense, I can play Crysis on my current Pc setup but not GH3 :|
neodarksaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 neodarksaver
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Is there a way to change the screen resulotion for GH3 without going into the game? cuz my monitor does not support the default resolution of the game and it just turns off on its own and say "invalid mode"

any help would be appreciated.

grisibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 grisibur
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts

FFS Just turn all the settings down. If you're looking at anything but the onscreen fretboard you're doing something wrong.Buffalo_Soulja

That is the entire point!

Why such sky high recommended for colured moving dots?

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

[QUOTE="Buffalo_Soulja"]FFS Just turn all the settings down. If you're looking at anything but the onscreen fretboard you're doing something wrong.grisibur

Cause they're t3h next-gen of course.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="Buffalo_Soulja"]FFS Just turn all the settings down. If you're looking at anything but the onscreen fretboard you're doing something wrong.grisibur

You can run the dots on a a 6600GT with max FPS easy. It's the crowd and band that has the graphics requirements (which you can completely disable).

OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
:shock: they must be kidding
rock_solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rock_solid
Member since 2003 • 5122 Posts

WTF? This is rubbish optimizing!pilouuuu2004

agree

bl1ndz0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 bl1ndz0r
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

Good thing I have no interest in this game. And I have to ask the question that has been asked a millions times (they even did a South Park episode about it) why on earth would you play some dumb game with a fake guitar instead of just learning to play real guitar?

And yes I do like to play a lot of sports video games that I don't necessarily go out and learn the real game. But I don't have to buys some dumb little fake football to play Madden.

Store24

So u thin the whole idea behind the Wii controls are stupid?

I think ur stupid... ur taking a role everytime ur playing there isnt a better way to inmerse yourself than having a gun if ur playing an FPS or having i dont know boxing gloves if ur boxing..

Well if they make a gun to play FPS games with the wii technology that works as flawless as today mices u would think thats stupid?

Lets play a racing game ill use a wheel ull use a keyboard.. lets see how ur going to do against me using the real deal

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Thats pretty much higher recommended specs then Crysis..
Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

Wow. . .that's just insane. . .well, I won't be getting it any time soon. . .

I have a somewhat off-topic question, but wouldn't GHIII on the PC be easier to mod your own songs on?

NNY42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NNY42
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]

PC games are being pushed to artificial specs in order to help hardware sales. The games doesn't need those specs, but the software is designed to read your specs and perform poorly if they don't meet them.

LouieV13

Fail

LMAO

waarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 waarth
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
i find it quite interesting that they say you need or ati hd 2600 or a 8800 gt....as though they're equivilent to one another...the gt is at least twice as fast as the 2600!
WeeMan9287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 WeeMan9287
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

Don't care since I don't care for this gameLonelynight

and the point of you posting here on this forum was?.....

I run the game maxed,

8800gts, c2d 2.66, 2gigs or memory. yeah i like it.

mclazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#64 mclazyj
Member since 2003 • 4391 Posts
Trust me, the game plays horribly on the PC. I got it and I tried playing it. I have an AMD Athlon X2 4800+, 2GB of low latency Corsair XMS memory, and dual 7800GT cards in SLI. I run at 1920x1200 and the thing runs horribly with all the details turned off. The game looks good, but any time animations are happening on the screen, the fret board stutters. If you need a challenge after five starring Through The Fire and the Flames on Expert, then you should give this a shot, because it is a mighty challenge to figure out when the game will stutter.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts

What I don't get is why they couldn't use the PS2/Wii's graphical resources and slap them onto the disc as a "last-gen" installation option so you at *least* play it on laptops with a steady FPS.

(didn't the GH3 PC box sport a laptop icon on it also? I mean, sure, my MacBook Pro has a 256mb GF8600m GT, but I doubt everyone else has a laptop that powerful/expensive)

You know, that makes me curious, how badly does the MAC version of the game run? :lol:

NNY42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NNY42

Trust me, the game plays horribly on the PC. I got it and I tried playing it. I have an AMD Athlon X2 4800+, 2GB of low latency Corsair XMS memory, and dual 7800GT cards in SLI. I run at 1920x1200 and the thing runs horribly with all the details turned off. The game looks good, but any time animations are happening on the screen, the fret board stutters. If you need a challenge after five starring Through The Fire and the Flames on Expert, then you should give this a shot, because it is a mighty challenge to figure out when the game will stutter.mclazyj

Man that is sad, your computer should be able to run a game like this smoothly..... I have a 8800gts, 2gig, 6400 duel, and ran the game without a problem. Until I tried playing it while downloading stuff, then like you said, the fret board started to skip, and seemed to be the only thing skipping (though i wasn't really watching anything else)..... WTF..... I could never play it if it always did that......

I just can't believe that a game that is aimed at the younger audience, has such high requirements..... if mclazyj can't play it, I'm sure very few can

Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
I still find it stupid they went with the 360 edition of the game.....Guitar Hero for the PC/Mac would be a niche audience compared to the console gamers, and slapping stupidly high requirements is suicide for that market. Watch that version of the game sell the worst.
Benzie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Benzie101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I already play real guitar and I find that Guitar Hero helps me with rythm. I also use it to tab out some songs as the dvd contains master tracks that can be split into seperate audio files eg. bass, lead guitar, drums and vocals
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Wow, some developers can't optimise.foxhound_fox

Perhaps they can, perhaps not. Fact is that they simply didn't.
I mean, those guys didn't even take the time to change the tutorial.
Funny thing is, the game looks pretty ugly for such a system hog.

Up until now, I haven't seen anything below a GTS run the game smoothly with crowd and such on.
Baiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Baiyan
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My P4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 6800 GS computer runs it just fine on high settings w/ everything on...I dont think half the people that replied to this thread have actually tried this game.
NNY42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NNY42
Anyone else start hallucinating after playing this game for a while.... My room starts moving after about a half-hour of play.... Trippe
Avatar image for XxEliteLegionxX
XxEliteLegionxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 XxEliteLegionxX
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'am pretty sure iam gonna get this game but i have a laptop so i was wondering if anyone hastried playing this game on a laptop that meets these reuqirements? Is it worth it?
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]There's *nothing* wrong with this. Those are simply the specifications to run the game with high graphics (equivelent to the 360's) with 60 FPS. You seem to be forgetting this is a game where 60 FPS is crucial to gameplay. If you have FPS problems, turn down the graphics. Simple as that.neatfeatguy

Do you know this for a fact?

Also, any game designed and properly optimized to use similar settings that GHIII requires, would make a 360 look pathetic.

Honestly, you won't see any difference in performance on a game running 35FPS on one machine while the game runs 60FPS on another machine.

If the actual posted requirements are true, then the game is poorly optimized for PC and the company is severly limiting their fan base on PCs because only about roughly 5% of PC owners (according to Steam's gathered info) runs with an 8800GTS (not an 8800GT - 8800GT puts the 8800GTS to shame), dual core processors and 2GB memory.

http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/85

Check that site out, it lists the specs.

Goosestophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 Goosestophe
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts

Anyone else start hallucinating after playing this game for a while.... My room starts moving after about a half-hour of play.... TrippeNNY42
Ya I got that too and then I realised I wasnt breathing.

I this game and it was massivly laggy. Apperently I can run Crysis pretty well but not this...