• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

I just upgraded my pc and there is nothing left to play,I have finished crysis thrice warhead once,COD4 thrice,played witcher to death.finished dmc4,FEAR.Treid playing HL2 Episode2 again got baored half way.Reinstalled assin creed played for 5min and uninstalled again.Finished bioshock.Is there anything good that i have left out.I dont like RTS

So can u ppl suggest some good new games that i have probably missed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Try some older games or source mods, if you have half life 2 (assuming you do) then download some of the mods that are right in your steam page.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Try Gothic 3, Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect or Stalker?
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
Get a job or go outside.
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
Maybe try reading a book or going outside?
strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
have you tried gears of war? or if you want, wait for dead space, farcry 2 or fallout 3.
rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
Counter Strike Source
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
Get Aquaria.
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sandeep410

Get a job or go outside.death1505921

I am a college student.Its when i am inside that i am bored.Played ME& CS.Stalker and gothic is too bugged to play.

I heard GEOW was booring game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
TF2.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.sandeep410

I am a college student.Its when i am inside that i am bored.Played ME& CS.Stalker and gothic is too bugged to play.

you heard wrong. lots of people enjoyed it a lot. dont listen to "certain" pc gamers that disregard everything that is developed for consoles first.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Nothing left to play? Are you kidding?

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.sandeep410

The latest Community Patch fixes near enough everything in Gothic 3, download that. It's an AMAZING GAME.

Stalker...eh...not so much.

But definately play Gothic.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

I agree, actuall. For someone like me who does a good 3 hours gaming a day, and works through games pretty fast, you sometimes run out of games to play and have to find some other hobby while waiting for new games to come out.

The only exception is when I find a game with good online play (except for FPS, online FPS has been more or less the same for the past decade, and I've burnt out on it). Even that doesn't last for more than a couple months. Devs keep coming out with these 6-hour FPS games with fancy graphic, or waste-of-life MMOs.

Right now I'm waiting for Fallout to tide me over for November, then GTA4 for December, and after that hope SC2 or Empires:TW come out early. Pretty much nothing else on the radar.

ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

Nothing left to play?Are you kidding?

RK-Mara
Your link is broken
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sandeep410
I dont play online games much bec of limited internet connection.And worst part is games take good 3-4 months to get released in my country.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RK-Mara

I agree, actuall. For someone like me who does a good 3 hours gaming a day, and works through games pretty fast, you sometimes run out of games to play and have to find some other hobby while waiting for new games to come out.

F1_2004

I doubt you've had that 3 hours a day routine for a decade so there must be games that you've missed. And checking your profile, there are hundreds of great PC games that you've missed. For example, you could play the original Fallouts before Fallout 3.

[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]

ferret837

Your link is broken

Fixed it.

strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
hey sandeep, what country do you live in?
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sandeep410

hey sandeep, what country do you live in?strider_ATI

India

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]

RK-Mara

I doubt you've had that 3 hours a day routine for a decade so there must be games that you've missed. And checking your profile, there are hundreds of great PC games that you've missed. For example, you could play the original Fallouts before Fallout 3.

I haven't updated that profile in years. And yes, there have been many games I've missed. Most of them I was pretty sure I wouldn't like based on reviews, word-of-mouth and gameplay videos. A few outdated games I've played, but only the classics, and you can count those on one hand. The rest are just too out-dated to be of any fun.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

The only exception is when I find a game with good online play (except for FPS, online FPS has been more or less the same for the past decade, and I've burnt out on it). Even that doesn't last for more than a couple months. Devs keep coming out with these 6-hour FPS games with fancy graphic, or waste-of-life MMOs.

Right now I'm waiting for Fallout to tide me over for November, then GTA4 for December, and after that hope SC2 or Empires:TW come out early. Pretty much nothing else on the radar.

F1_2004

Two possibilities:

-you only play the most mainstream stuff because you don't know about games that aren't hyped much (if at all)

-you know about the games that aren't hyped much but don't like them (very unlikely)

Personally, I'm uber picky when it comes to gaming, and I can't imagine ever running out of games (and gaming is pretty much my only hobby). As a matter of fact, I never ran out of PC games to play in my 15 years with the platform (playing 3h a day, often more, rarely less). I'm not even going to play Fallout 3, GTA4 and only have moderate interest in Empires: TW (haven't played Medieval 2 yet and I want to play Shogun again), yet I'll be buying plenty of new and recent games in the coming months. You should research about PC gaming's library imo.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RK-Mara
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]

F1_2004

I haven't updated that profile in years. And yes, there have been many games I've missed. Most of them I was pretty sure I wouldn't like based on reviews, word-of-mouth and gameplay videos. A few outdated games I've played, but only the classics, and you can count those on one hand. The rest are just too out-dated to be of any fun.

Are you basing that on personal experience or screenshots/videos? You can't know what games are worth playing before actually playing them yourself. For example Fallouts are still extremely fun even though they look like total garbage in videos.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]

RK-Mara

Are you basing that on personal experience or screenshots/videos? You can't know what games are worth playing before actually playing them yourself. For example Fallouts are still extremely fun even though they look like total garbage in videos.

Well the reviews say what's good and what isn't in Fallout. Also I doubt anyone is willing to try every PC game ever made just to see which he would or wouldn't enjoy.

plixness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 plixness
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I second the recommendation of Fallout 1 and 2. They are really good in their own respect. If you don't mind older rpg I think that Baldurs Gate 2 is worth to look into as well.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
CoD4 online.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Welcome to my world. I haven't had anything to play in years. A game will come out, I'll buy it, beat it in a day or two, and I'm back out on my ass being bored. 4 years ago, it was much different. I always had something fun to do. PC Gaming has changed. Or possibly I just changed. I need a new hobby.
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
Well very soon fallout 3 far cry 2 left 4 dead GTA 4 and COD5 are coming out and they will keep me goign a damm while
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
[QUOTE="sandeep410"]

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.SamiRDuran

you heard wrong. lots of people enjoyed it a lot. dont listen to "certain" pc gamers that disregard everything that is developed for consoles first.

But geow was developed for PC before microsoft bought it as x360 exclusive

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
Just wait a bit longer and you'll have more than you can handle at once. Starting with Far Cry 2 and Dead Space (pc) both next week. Then come November you'll be over your head when several other big titles are released.
YoZbaNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YoZbaNaToR
Member since 2006 • 5022 Posts

RK-Mara

Woah! Thanks for the link.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="sandeep410"]

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.Lidve

exactly thats my point. people bash geow because its an xbox360 franchise and for no other reason.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="Lidve"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="sandeep410"]

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.SamiRDuran

exactly thats my point. people bash geow because its an xbox360 franchise and for no other reason.

Uhhh...no. I bash the game because it's shallow and gets boring in 10 minutes. Worst FPS combat I've ever endured in a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
[QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="Lidve"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="sandeep410"]

[QUOTE="death1505921"]Get a job or go outside.GodLovesDead

Uhhh...no. I bash the game because it's shallow and gets boring in 10 minutes. Worst TPS combat I've ever endured in a game.

Fixed that for you.
Bioshock holds the award for worst FPS combat in a game for now.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Play Sims2.
xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts

Get a job or go outside.death1505921

^this

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I dont like RTS

So can u ppl suggest some good new games that i have probably missed.

sandeep410

it doesn't seem that you like CRPG much either, since the Wticher is the only one you mentioned. that's a big part of PC gaming, though many may think FPS is only there's to it for PC gaming.

new games: could try Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is a decent tactical FPS (partial TP).

no older than FEAR, Clive Barker's Jericho is kinda fun as well.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Well try Dead Space. Or get Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, GTA 4, etc. when they release.

As for now, I see you havent listed the Witcher. If you haven't played it and like RPG's you should definitately try it. Great game.

the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

Try some older games or source mods, if you have half life 2 (assuming you do) then download some of the mods that are right in your steam page.Whiteblade999

If your going the mod route TC I sugest Minerva, Dosen't add any new models or textures but its quality rivals HL2 itself. I'm bout half way through right now, so I don't know how the the rest of it is, but the first half is great.

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 Gamerkat
Member since 2008 • 1693 Posts

Here are your next games to play, really good games

Team fortress 2, World In Conflict, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, GRID, Gears of War, Counter Strike Source

funker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 funker_
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

oblivion? portal? TF2? spore? all games that are fun at least once (especially spore, once you've finished it you can't go bother starting again).

also, in november you get a lot of games, just to name a few: far cry 2, fallout 3, saint's row 2, GTA IV, mirror's edge, etc.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

Try playing titan quest gold edition

download some good source mods like empires,dystopia,pirate vikings and kinghts,hidden source

get the best multiplayer game eva TF2!!!

try some indie games like audio surf,everday shooter,etc

machockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 machockey
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
i would go for the chronicles of Riddick escape for butcher bay.... still a respectable looking game and just an amazing game as far as im concerned.
futs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 futs22
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts

Try doing some sports. Sports games that is. :) Lots of replayability there. Invite a friend to play a match with you too.

At the moment, I spend most of my time playing league mode in Pro-Evo 2008. I'm just waiting for the new games (Dead Space, FO3, FC2, etc.) to come out since some of the recent releases haven't really piqued my interest.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
There are hundreds of older games you can play. Listing them all here would take me all night.
XRED_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XRED_0
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
Counter-strike: Source and Team Fortress 2. Graphics aren't drop-dead gorgeous, but gameplay is quite fun. Also, with Far Cry 2 and Dead Space coming out this soming week, and GTA IV shortly after, I'd say you might have some nice gameplay on your hands in the coming weeks.
thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 thenewau25
Member since 2007 • 2058 Posts
i ussually play old games or download the ones that stopped suported and they are uploaded by the companies that made them eg the suffering is uploaded by midway horor action game!
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sandeep410

Try doing some sports. Sports games that is. :) Lots of replayability there. Invite a friend to play a match with you too.

At the moment, I spend most of my time playing league mode in Pro-Evo 2008. I'm just waiting for the new games (Dead Space, FO3, FC2, etc.) to come out since some of the recent releases haven't really piqued my interest.

futs22

I hate sports game

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sandeep410

I played titan quest but i really disliked that game there wasnt much skills to choose from in ur skilltree bec most of the skills r those worthless passive skills and story isnt great to keep u playing either

I cant play any online games.I treid playing some older games like final fantasy but i just coudnt digest those old graphics and i was playing halo too 1st few lvls where ok afterwards it was like sitting in toture chamber i just coudnt finish it.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
Are you talking older games ie snes or ff7 pc old....snes FF6 ftw! ok pc forum sorry.....pssst get it.Doesnt matter about graphics that game destroys everything in its path.
regnumekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 regnumekal
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

I played titan quest but i really disliked that game there wasnt much skills to choose from in ur skilltree bec most of the skills r those worthless passive skills and story isnt great to keep u playing either

I cant play any online games.I treid playing some older games like final fantasy but i just coudnt digest those old graphics and i was playing halo too 1st few lvls where ok afterwards it was like sitting in toture chamber i just coudnt finish it.

sandeep410

Are you even buying the games? Because if you did, you'd have at least the interest to play 70 % of the game. And again, if you bought Titan Quest, you would understand that the game is worth your bucks.