Not a lot of hype for Titanfall around here....why?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

You're missing the point, the ai in Titan Fall is just cannon fodder. It's not suppose to match another players skill. They are there to make the battlefield more hectic without actually disrupting the balance of the game.

But it's really disorientating when you come across bots. I noticed one bot was in the same position for like 30 seconds, come up on him and he's in a scripted teammate-drag animation waiting to be killed. Then you find 3 bots grouped up in one corner of the room and they can't manage to turn in your direction before you kill them all. Although bots may make human kills more rewarding, they are actually quite disappointing in comparison. "Oh, I just killed a bot"

Obviously bots are there to be hectic and even narrate the battle "enemy pilot spotted" etc. But to me that's like imposing a single player scripted elements into a mp match where it doesn't belong. The main reason why more humans wouldn't work with the current setup is because titans drop every 2 mins or less. 12 v 12 with no bots would probably work great with the current map size, but 24 titans at the 2 minute point would get stupid. 6v6 titans after 2 mins is already absurd imo.

I disagree, the main reason to play this game is for the Titans. I think having to wait a super long time to play around in the Titans would be disapointing. On the ground, the game is simply mirrors edge mixed with Call of Duty. When Titan's are involved, it becomes a a very different experience. The bots in the game always keep the action flowing. It really doesn't matter if you are shooting a player or a bot in a match. As long as you are shooting something and having fun in a match.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

titanfall? oh is that that new COD game?

No?

Oh my bad they all look the same nowadays.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Give me SWAT 5.

Yes please!

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Gaming sites are hyping it up to ridiculous levels it seems. I'm not a fan of EA, and a lot of people on this site probably aren't either which explains the lack of excitement here.

We also have NO IDEA what the game really contains. How many game modes? How many maps per mode? How many Titans/Pilots/Weapons etc. What are DLC business plans? Monetization schemes? Ability to modify the game for PC? LAN/Dedicated server ability (probably not with Origin involved)?

You want me to pay 60$ for..... ??

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

It's the people that haven't played it yet that are trying to not get sucked into the hype. I've played the beta and it's a lot of fun for "ME".

Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Vidpci
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I'm interested, but I wouldn't say I'm hyped. I'm really just not into the FPS genre, I'd rather play rpgs or strategy games. I'll probably check it out, but it just seems like CoD with giant robots to me...

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

After playing the demo I have to say I am pretty excited for the full release.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Playing the beta I see that the game could be fun but its currently plagued with a stutter problem and is otherwise quite generic. Even the graphics are kind of meh. I thought the titans would have more dazzle to them but they are just big, shallow, paper models that dont feel as though they have any weight. Its also rather lame that there is something as advanced as an auto aiming pistol and then something as generic and dull as a carbine that doesnt have any recoil. I dont know why they couldnt be more creative.

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

@BSC14: no single player and personally think it's silly too transformarish.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Been playing the beta since yeserday. Visually it's unimpressive, but it's fun as hell. Very fast-paced.

It needs some work. It seems silly towards the end of the match that literally everyone has a titan. The AI is supposed to be cannon fodder, but I feel like late game they need to get upgrade somehow. Seems odd that the whole game is about escalation - except the AI.

Still on the fence for day 1, but I'll admit I'm impressed with how much fun it is so far.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Honestly I've played it a bit and it is definitely one of the most fun games I've played in the past couple of years. Probably the best since Far Cry 3.

The shooting mechanics are perfectly okay, the fact that the shooting feels like CoD doesn't make it bad at all, the shooting in CoD feels really good, you wouldn't think games like these would be better with more realistic shooting mechanics... right?

I like that it's pretty fast paced but some rounds are definitely too short, overall I think (yo, just my opinion) the game is easily the best multiplayer shooter that has come out in the last one or two years and if it eventually gets mod tools it could be a really awesome game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

I think it's one of the best looking titles coming out. Why is it getting no love around here?

Because they've announced it's going to be just like Rivals - a 6 vs. 6 with AI around each player.

It might be just fine but people were looking for another CoD/BF intense fight like 8 vs8 or 16 vs. 16

EDIT: there's a stream going on YouTube/IGN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1fQkSDca0A that's exactly what I was talking about brain dead AI so you basically get kills for doing almost nothing.

except the a.i kills do not have the same effect as player kills.... I don't know why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59302 Posts

It's shite. Core pc gamers will forget about it and eventually start complaining when we are on the 16th version (in 5 years time).

But hey! Dat fake "make it an event" media hype will fool the casuals.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

It's a decent game.

It gets repetitive really fast though - it's got that CoD influence on it. Mostly non-stop running and shooting. I don't even know why they put in Sniper weapons since sitting still to aim usually gets you killed in a matter of seconds on these small maps.

It's more built for the XB1, which is why the textures are bland and flat for the most part. I guess they didn't want the PC version to look too much sexier than the XB1 version? lol

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

I think it's one of the best looking titles coming out. Why is it getting no love around here?

Because they've announced it's going to be just like Rivals - a 6 vs. 6 with AI around each player.

It might be just fine but people were looking for another CoD/BF intense fight like 8 vs8 or 16 vs. 16

EDIT: there's a stream going on YouTube/IGN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1fQkSDca0A that's exactly what I was talking about brain dead AI so you basically get kills for doing almost nothing.

except the a.i kills do not have the same effect as player kills.... I don't know why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept...

I don't know maybe because we love an actual challenge while playing multiplayer, you know the only difference between this and singleplayer games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

I don't know maybe because we love an actual challenge while playing multiplayer, you know the only difference between this and singleplayer games.

.... and why is the challenge lost when you have these little bots in the game? if anything it shows a balance between "how fast you can rack up score" AND "defeat the other players" ... it does not deter from the PvP at all. all it does is give you points and speeds up your titanfall by a few seconds a pop... killing a player even then is still far more rewarding on this front.

Ofc in attrition it does effect the outcome. but again the majority of your points will be players.

its just stupid having this attitude to be honest... have you even played it? people hate the DoTA analogy.... but the fact is the a,i in titanfall serves a similar purpose... but unlike dota ... has a very MINOR impact on the outcome. yet makes the maps feel alot more allive... and act as mini powerups that put you at risk of being ambushed by pilots... seeing as... the NPC's "spot you" and report in.

Its clever, it works, enough with this special snowflake "Having a.i on the map removes skill" nonsense.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GeryGo  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

.... and why is the challenge lost when you have these little bots in the game? if anything it shows a balance between "how fast you can rack up score" AND "defeat the other players" ... it does not deter from the PvP at all. all it does is give you points and speeds up your titanfall by a few seconds a pop... killing a player even then is still far more rewarding on this front.

Ofc in attrition it does effect the outcome. but again the majority of your points will be players.

its just stupid having this attitude to be honest... have you even played it? people hate the DoTA analogy.... but the fact is the a,i in titanfall serves a similar purpose... but unlike dota ... has a very MINOR impact on the outcome. yet makes the maps feel alot more allive... and act as mini powerups that put you at risk of being ambushed by pilots... seeing as... the NPC's "spot you" and report in.

Its clever, it works, enough with this special snowflake "Having a.i on the map removes skill" nonsense.

I agree on put an AI instead of actual player if you're having a 16 vs. 16 match and some players are missing and no one else joins the battle.

It's easy done in L4D games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

I agree on put an AI instead of actual player if you're having a 16 vs. 16 match and some players are missing and no one else joins the battle.

you mean the same old tired formular... this is not the same thing.

and the guy above... "cod with more features" .... you people need to make up your mind... seriously.

its like CoD meets unreal tournement meets hawken... and that is not big enough for you people?... what a joke.

its nothing like cod except the military troops and the U.I ....

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GeryGo  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@BSC14 said:

and the guy above... "cod with more features" .... you people need to make up your mind... seriously.

its like CoD meets unreal tournement meets hawken... and that is not big enough for you people?... what a joke.

It's actually a CoD+Tribes+Hawken

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#71 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Good lord. Birdy must be bad at FPS gaming because he has trolled every Titanfall thread on the boards about how much he loves shooting bots. Every time someone complains about the bots being lame (fairly often) in comes Birdy to inform us we are stupid and the bots are awsome. What would we do without his insightful opinion?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#72 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Probably because they're discussing it here =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@SerOlmy said:

Good lord. Birdy must be bad at FPS gaming because he has trolled every Titanfall thread on the boards about how much he loves shooting bots. Every time someone complains about the bots being lame (fairly often) in comes Birdy to inform us we are stupid and the bots are awsome. What would we do without his insightful opinion?

you are the one that cannot separate the concept of lesser npcs and players. not me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I must suck so bad.... because I can't tell bots from players.... must be why I am currently at 2.0 KD... my last 20-30 games being in the 6.0-7.5 K/D region. and being MVP in half my games, while only being out of the top 3 for a few matches.

Kills - http://i.imgur.com/FVe12OE.jpg

Overview - http://i.imgur.com/mArHK1j.jpg

yup... its totally a bot killing simulator.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SerOlmy
@MBirdy88 said:

On this we agree. I just watched a good portion of the live Stream on GS and couldn't be less impressed. I saw a pilot kill another pilot maybe 1 time out of 6 or 7. The rest was just mowing down bots who didn't even shoot back. Not to mention how unfun Last Titan Standing looks. All anyone did was corner strafe and shoot a few round while everyone tutrled on opposite sides of the map and farmed bots at choke points.

Yeah that shit look INTENSE. /sarcasm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@SerOlmy said:
@MBirdy88 said:

On this we agree. I just watched a good portion of the live Stream on GS and couldn't be less impressed. I saw a pilot kill another pilot maybe 1 time out of 6 or 7. The rest was just mowing down bots who didn't even shoot back. Not to mention how unfun Last Titan Standing looks. All anyone did was corner strafe and shoot a few round while everyone tutrled on opposite sides of the map and farmed bots at choke points.

Yeah that shit look INTENSE. /sarcasm.

The only thing we agree on is last titan standing... no interested in this remotely. still, only 1 out of 7 modes.... so.... whats your point? there is a TDM mode on release... it has been data mined.... people like you that just don't like anything but the same shovel s*it you have played for years will play that mode.... Attrition > TDM.

your talking s*it t be honest... but then people watching games not playing them always do. you've cherry picked a match or two.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46628 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

It's got guns and people shooting people so it's a COD-clone.

Haha, but I think there is a lot of misinformation among the people that haven't played. Heck, I thought it looked very much like COD, before I had played it.

Your "CoD meets unreal tournement meets hawken" comparison is pretty accurate though. I would some up the game as "pure fun" and so would 90% of the people that played the beta.

They should just make the beta completely open, or have a demo or something. Because playing it is the only way to see if you'll like this or not.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SerOlmy

@MBirdy88:

Yeah that is a good one, the same shit for years that has retained it's popularity, because it is skill based and has lots of replayability. Like TF2 and CSS, total shit. Titanfall will be lucky to last 1/10 as long as any of the major competitive games available now. You just keep farming those bots while getting ganked from behind by other pilots. I'll pass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@SerOlmy said:

@MBirdy88:

Yeah that is a good one, the same shit for years that has retained it's popularity, because it is skill based and has lots of replayability. Like TF2 and CSS, total shit. Titanfall will be lucky to last 1/10 as long as any of the major competitive games available now. You just keep farming those bots while getting ganked from behind by other pilots. I'll pass.

Are we honestly saying TF2 is skill based? I love TF2 and still play it every week... but skill based? are you out of your friggin mind?

in what way is titanfall not skill based? just because there are a.i bots that serve as nothing more than scenery and a slight titan accelerator? I could win a match and not kill a single NPC. look at my AVG NPC kill ... its friggin 4.0.

The concept is lost on you I know. and you can't predict s*it about the length of this game. besides CSS has the advantage of mods, as does TF2. time will tell. but your absolutely CHILDISH outlook and raging over a game you have not even played yourself is friggin pathetic.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

Because it was dated when it was announced.