New VR headset announced by True Player Gear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Dsogaming Writes :

Were you disappointed by Facebook’s recent acquisition of Oculus VR? Well, get ready to be excited as another VR player enters the arena. True Player Gear has just announced its VR device that will be supported by Unreal Engine, Unity, Havok and CryEngine, and will be compatible with both PC and consoles (both current-gen and next-gen).

Source and More info

Official Website

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

There will be so many in this market. Markets always need competition.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: I know your excited, but please, one thread will suffice.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_imperium

Don't mind other two threads that go by the same name . I created it once and Gamespot created three threads automatically instead of just one . This is bug . Mods please delete other two threads .

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Don't mind other two threads that go by the same name . I created it once and Gamespot created three threads automatically instead of just one . This is bug . Mods please delete other two threads .

No biggie, I was joking.

While I am not necessarily disappointed in FB's acquisition of the Rift (yet), I am glad to see that other companies are interested in the technology. In fact, FB's acquisition will most likely attract more attention to VR tech, and we may see more companies like True Player Gear throw their hat in the industry.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Done and done, although I did only see two to begin with.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Dsogaming Writes :

Were you disappointed by Facebook’s recent acquisition of Oculus VR? Well, get ready to be excited as another VR player enters the arena. True Player Gear has just announced its VR device that will be supported by Unreal Engine, Unity, Havok and CryEngine, and will be compatible with both PC and consoles (both current-gen and next-gen).

Source and More info

Official Website

Not only that, kinect is coming to windows, since microsoft is working on a vr head as well, you can be sure it will be coming to windows too

Who needed oculus anyway

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 commander
Loading Video...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

PS4 controller gets a share button and its ok, XBL, Steam, PS+ have friends list + other social features and its ok. Facebook buys Oculus and its not ok, in fact its the end of the Rift because they "might" add social features...

Now a new headset gets announced out of nowhere from a company that no one has ever heard of, with very little information and none that even suggests the headset tracks lateral movement and its "who needed Oculus anyway?"

/confused

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Competitions great. I'm pumped to see what other companies besides oculus come up with. I won't be buying anything sold by a Facebook owned corporation so here's to hoping they actually produce something nice.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@ribstaylor1 said:

Competitions great. I'm pumped to see what other companies besides oculus come up with. I won't be buying anything sold by a Facebook owned corporation so here's to hoping they actually produce something nice.

Well said

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
@pelvist said:

PS4 controller gets a share button and its ok, XBL, Steam, PS+ have friends list + other social features and its ok. Facebook buys Oculus and its not ok, in fact its the end of the Rift because they "might" add social features...

Now a new headset gets announced out of nowhere from a company that no one has ever heard of, with very little information and none that even suggests the headset tracks lateral movement and its "who needed Oculus anyway?"

/confused

Cause facebook is bigger and more powerful, so it's obviously "evil."

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 commander

@JangoWuzHere said:
@pelvist said:

/confused

it's evil because it doesn't respect privacy laws and because it has agressive ways to sell their product.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pelvist

@evildead6789 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:
@pelvist said:

/confused

it's evil because it doesn't respect privacy laws and because it has agressive ways to sell their product.

Example of how this evil Facebook will effect Oculus Rift?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commander

@pelvist said:

@evildead6789 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:
@pelvist said:

/confused

Example of how this evil Facebook will effect Oculus Rift?

Affect or not, people won't take the chance

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pelvist

@evildead6789: Facebook took a $2billion chance, You think they are just going to throw that away? Michael Abrash who was leading Valves R&D into VR also took a chance when he announced he had left Valve to join Oculus earlier today.

Iv pointed out the positives of this buyout more than once but for the small minded people out there who just cant fathom any good from this buyout because ...well just because its Facebook, ill let an expert on the subject, Michael Abrash himself tell it how it is:

"I've written before that VR wouldn't become truly great until some company stepped up and invested the considerable capital to build the right hardware - and that it wouldn't be clear that it made sense to spend that capital until VR was truly great. I was afraid that that Catch-22 would cause VR to fail to achieve liftoff,"

"That worry is now gone. Facebook's acquisition of Oculus means that VR is going to happen in all its glory. The resources and long-term commitment that Facebook brings gives Oculus the runway it needs to solve the hard problems of VR - and some of them are hard indeed. I now fully expect to spend the rest of my career pushing VR as far ahead as I can."

Oculus now have every chance to achieve what they could only dream of before, and that is thanks to Facebook. The FB acquisition makes the future of VR a certain one, and not just for Oculus.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By commander

@pelvist said:

@evildead6789: Facebook took a $2billion chance, You think they are just going to throw that away? Michael Abrash who was leading Valves R&D into VR also took a chance when he announced he had left Valve to join Oculus earlier today.

Iv pointed out the positives of this buyout more than once but for the small minded people out there who just cant fathom any good from this buyout because ...well just because its Facebook, ill let an expert on the subject, Michael Abrash himself tell it how it is:

"I've written before that VR wouldn't become truly great until some company stepped up and invested the considerable capital to build the right hardware - and that it wouldn't be clear that it made sense to spend that capital until VR was truly great. I was afraid that that Catch-22 would cause VR to fail to achieve liftoff,"

"That worry is now gone. Facebook's acquisition of Oculus means that VR is going to happen in all its glory. The resources and long-term commitment that Facebook brings gives Oculus the runway it needs to solve the hard problems of VR - and some of them are hard indeed. I now fully expect to spend the rest of my career pushing VR as far ahead as I can."

Oculus now have every chance to achieve what they could only dream of before, and that is thanks to Facebook. The FB acquisition makes the future of VR a certain one, and not just for Oculus.

Well they have been morons, facebook as well as oculus. People are not going to buy it.

Did facebook ever sell somthing besides your privacy with or without your approval?

no, oh yeah that's right they sell advertising, facebook loses users everyday.

It won't be succesfull because now facebook owns it and facebook is going to die a silent death. The moment making a website is as easy as going to one, which will happen in the future, then it's game over for facebook

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pelvist

@evildead6789: It wont be successful... because Facebook advertises and because someone else might make their own website?

Oh my, I never thought of it like that...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commander

@pelvist said:

@evildead6789: It wont be successful... because Facebook advertises and because someone else might make their own website?

Oh my, I never thought of it like that...

I don't think you were around to know how facebook started, it can be easily replaced

Apart from that

oculus isn't a social network

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

WTF is that?

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pelvist

@evildead6789: You dont even know why you are condemning Oculus. All of your reasons are presumptuous and ignorant to all the benefits, its pointless arguing with that kind of attitude.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cloud_imperium

@horgen123 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Done and done, although I did only see two to begin with.

Thanks bro .

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 commander

@pelvist said:

@evildead6789: You dont even know why you are condemning Oculus. All of your reasons are presumptuous and ignorant to all the benefits, its pointless arguing with that kind of attitude.

All the internet hate the past few days says more than enough.

The majority has that attitude, so you can twist and turn all you want, it ain't going to change it.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Regarding personal information on Facebook:

"They trust me — dumb fucks," says Zuckerberg

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

im more likely to believe that you clicked the button multiple times... rather than the system just magically making multiple threads.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@cyloninside said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

im more likely to believe that you clicked the button multiple times... rather than the system just magically making multiple threads.

It happened to few other users as well . It is bug .