New PC exclusive game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

So I'm looking to get a new PC game after I complete one of Crysis Warhead or Dawn of War II and my preferences would be a game that is PC exclusive (I only play PC exclusives on my PC as I have a 360 for cross-platform games), is compatible with the Xbox 360 controller and has achievements. I generally like action/RPG/platformers but like the occasional RTS and puzzle game like Stacking also.

So are there any suggestions on what game I could get? I have an Acer Aspire V3771G laptop with the following specs:

• i7-3632QM 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost
  • NVIDIA GeForce 710M
  • 8GB RAM

Thanks!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

The Witcher 1 was launched as a PC exclusive and remained that way for some time until CDPR decided to port it to the Xbox 360. I'd still argue, it's a PC game because it was built from the ground up on PC and most of us recognized it as a PC game. No one will remember that it was ported to the Xbox 360 and I don't think anyone here cares because porting a true PC game (built from the ground up) doesn't make it retroactive.

The Witcher 2 was also built from the ground up on PC, then ported to the consoles. I'd argue the same although it did show signs of consolization design in it that is questionable. But since it is a wonderful game and it's The Witcher Universe... AND a friggin RPG. I can't see where you could go wrong. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Both versions are built from the ground up on PC and they are clearly superior on PC in every way.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Give these games a try not all are exclusive but the ones that aren't you can't play on the 360 but can on a PC.

• Legend of Grimrock
  • Witcher 1
  • Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
  • World in Conflict
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Hard Reset
  • Hotline Maimi
  • Starcraft 2
  • Magicka but you need at least one other friend to play with to fully enjoy it supports 4 player offline and online co-op
  • Trine 1 Same thing as Magicka only really shines with friends and is offline co-op only
  • Killing Floor
  • Dota 2
  • Titan Quest
  • Back to the Future the Game Ep 1-5
  • Max Payne 1-2
  • Diablo 1-2
  • Fallout 1-2
  • Deus EX
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Elann2008

@DJ_Headshot said:

Give these games a try not all are exclusive but the ones that aren't you can't play on the 360 but can on a PC.

• Legend of Grimrock
  • Witcher 1
  • World in Conflict
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Hard Reset
  • Hotline Maimi
  • Starcraft 2
  • Magicka but you need at least one other friend to play with to fully enjoy it supports 4 player offline and online co-op
  • Trine 1 Same thing as Magicka only really shines with friends and is offline co-op only
  • Killing Floor
  • Dota 2
  • Titan Quest
  • Max Payne 1-2
  • Diablo 1-2
  • Fallout 1-2
  • Deus EX

Definitely the Fallout, Max Payne games, and Hard Reset. I'd add, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@DJ_Headshot said:

• Legend of Grimrock
  • Witcher 1
  • World in Conflict
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Hard Reset
  • Hotline Maimi
  • Starcraft 2
  • Killing Floor
  • Dota 2
  • Titan Quest
  • Max Payne 1-2
  • Diablo 1-2
  • Fallout 1-2
  • Deus EX

It's sad to see topic title like the TC has made and a list with bunch of old games; ROFL it was funny to see how far you'll go to list exclusive PC games, I laughed when I reached reading Max Payne 1.

Nothing bad about the list all titles here are good, except for crappy Titan Quest but that's my opinion.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

You could check out Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World.

They are both buy to play MMORPG's that are fun games with some unique features.

Also a new game called Starbound just entered beta on steam. It's similar to minecraft but from a 2d perspective and much larger with more activities/enemies and quests etc.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

It's sad to see topic title like the TC has made and a list with bunch of old games; ROFL it was funny to see how far you'll go to list exclusive PC games, I laughed when I reached reading Max Payne 1.

Nothing bad about the list all titles here are good, except for crappy Titan Quest but that's my opinion.

He didn't say he wanted newer pc game exclusives just new pc games to play on his laptop that he can't play on his 360. Seeing as he has a laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 710M which is not very strong I don't see anything wrong with recommending older games and classic pc games that are still worth playing he may very well have the most enjoyable experience with those as there shouldn't be as many sacrifices needed if at all to run them well.

Unlike newer games where its objectively a downgraded gaming experience on his laptop as he has to turn down settings and resolution to get a good framerate in them. Games like Planetside 2 or Natural Selection 2 I don't think would run well at all on his laptop even at lowest settings they could but decided not to list them because of it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

The Witcher 1 was launched as a PC exclusive and remained that way for some time until CDPR decided to port it to the Xbox 360.

The Witcher was never ported to any console,it´s a PC only title to this day.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Serious Sam First Encounter - HD
Serious Sam Second Encounter - HD
Mafia
Played Crysis (first one) ?
Maybe try Rise of Nations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

You want a console game that isn't available on consoles. That's a tough one.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Elann2008

@Arach666 said:

@Elann2008 said:

The Witcher 1 was launched as a PC exclusive and remained that way for some time until CDPR decided to port it to the Xbox 360.

The Witcher was never ported to any console,it´s a PC only title to this day.

Oh yeah, it was canceled. In was in development called "The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf." The fact that I didn't even remember that shows that no one cared about it haha. That's good though.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Comic_Capers said:

I only play PC exclusives on my PC as I have a 360 for cross-platform games

So, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I just want to know, honestly... why? Your laptop is powerful enough to run most multiplat games with better graphics and higher framerates than the 360. And nearly all of them (seriously, like 98%+) are compatible with the 360 controller. And, being a laptop, it would be even easier to connect to your TV than a desktop PC would be. In fact, it would be exactly as easy to hook your laptop to the TV as it is with your 360.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Age of Empires 2: HD Edition

Antichamber

Skyrim with Mods

FTL: Faster then Light

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Risk of Rain

Terraria

Total War: Rome 2 or Shogun 2

Starbound

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@Comic_Capers said:

I only play PC exclusives on my PC as I have a 360 for cross-platform games

So, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I just want to know, honestly... why? Your laptop is powerful enough to run most multiplat games with better graphics and higher framerates than the 360. And nearly all of them (seriously, like 98%+) are compatible with the 360 controller. And, being a laptop, it would be even easier to connect to your TV than a desktop PC would be. In fact, it would be exactly as easy to hook your laptop to the TV as it is with your 360.

Maybe 60 frames per second makes him sick… :D

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Comic_Capers

@the_bi99man:

I have only just got my new laptop (I've had it since October 20th) and my previous one was not powerful enough to run anything that was released in mid-2009 onwards (It was an Aspire 5920G with intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT) so I have just got into the habit of playing most of my games on my Xbox. Now I have a decent computer for running games I am inclined to buy more games for the PC, but how many of them have achievements compared to their console equivalents?

Ooh yes I played a demo of "The Witcher" on my old laptop but it ran a little slow. With my new one that won't be a problem. The first one is only £6.99 on Steam and that looks very temping indeed. Regarding Games for Windows I have a list of them here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_%E2%80%93_Live_titles

Of those titles, which are PC exclusive (or if they are cross-platform which are better on PC)? Which of those are worth getting still? Of that list I have already played Dead Rising 2, Fable III, Fallout 3, Gears of War, Halo 2, GTA IV, Juiced 2 and Dawn of War 2 of course.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Comic_Capers

I just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for £1.74 on Steam, now that's a deal! Thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll see what I can find in future sales ;)

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Legend of Grimrock looks sweet for an indie title. I may pick that up during the sale and congrats on the purchase.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

You can give Blacklight: Retribution a try. It's a free to play FPS based on Unreal 3 engine. I think your laptop could handle it.