Need processor help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrme89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mrme89
Member since 2003 • 172 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade my processor without changing the motherboard. I know the processor was not soddered so the instillation shouldn't be too hard but I am not very tech savvy when it comes to figuring out where I might find compatibility issues. Currently im running on a AMD Athlon II X4 635 at 2.9 GHz. I know I need to stay with a four core AMD if I dont want to switch mother boards but is it possible i could go from having an Athlon to a Phenom (looking at the Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz)? Any recommendation possibilities would be appreciated! Thanks guys

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade my processor without changing the motherboard. I know the processor was not soddered so the instillation shouldn't be too hard but I am not very tech savvy when it comes to figuring out where I might find compatibility issues. Currently im running on a AMD Athlon II X4 635 at 2.9 GHz. I know I need to stay with a four core AMD if I dont want to switch mother boards but is it possible i could go from having an Athlon to a Phenom (looking at the Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz)? Any recommendation possibilities would be appreciated! Thanks guys

mrme89
Theres no point. Upgrading from that to a phenom is a waste. Just wait until you can upgrade your CPU and your motherboard.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
Your cpu is fast enough foe anything thats out there, if you want better performance ether get more memory, or a faster hard drive or get a better video card.