Need help with installing fallout 3!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 B-NoQ
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

so i just got fallout 3 for PC ... i already tried to download a ripped version and it didn't work out .. everytime i install it i get this message half way threw my installation .. "CRC error: The File C:\program files\bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\Fallout - Meshes.bsa doesn't match the file in setup's .cab file. The Medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact your software vendor." i have no idea what to do here .. i'm new at pc games did i f*ck up my comp to play this certain game ... i installed dead space not to long ago and it worked perfectly ... no idea what to do .. HELP PLEASE

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Contact your software vendor?
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Most likely a bad disc, although I would try it on another drive (another computer if necessary) to see if you get the same message. Overall sounds like a bad disc though
B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 B-NoQ

damn .. well i'm gonna try and get tech support here in a second to see whats going on thatx for the help

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
Thats a legal disk? Sounds like a bad disk or bad dvd drive. Seems as your system is having trouble reading that file you listed...
B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 B-NoQ
what would i have to do to fix this problem
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Captain__Tripps
Dunno, id say you have a bad dvd drive or bad disk most likely, are you able to install games from other disks ok?
B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 B-NoQ
yea it's just this game ... i installed dead space with no problems .. i'm going back to wall-mart and get another disc and see what happends ... i think it might be just cause i tried to download the game prior to buying it possibly??
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Captain__Tripps
yea it's just this game ... i installed dead space with no problems .. i'm going back to wall-mart and get another disc and see what happends ... i think it might be just cause i tried to download the game prior to buying it possibly??B-NoQ
I dont know if it would matter, but make sure the old one is completely gone first... make sure there no fallout 3 listed as being installed, all data is gone from install folder.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
clean the surface and try again
B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 B-NoQ
it worked on my friends computer. so i guess theres something wrong with my computer or my drives .. have no clue what to do ... very very annoyed
nagol726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 nagol726
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts
did you installe the ripped version before the one you bought or after?
nagol726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 nagol726
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts

alright a few things.

1 make sure there are no fallout 3 files on your computer serch for them and delete any you find. if you downloaded it before you installed it may of put some bad files on there. so make sure there all gone.

2 make sure your cd/dvd drive is totally clean. sometimes some dust in there can cause that problem.

3 still could be the disk. remember just because it worked on your friends computer it may still be a messed up disk. some cd/dvd drivers are more sensitive to a damaged disk then others and cant read them as well. you ever have a scratched cd that works in one car and not another. happens with me all the time.

B-NoQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 B-NoQ
thanx for the help guys .. i finally got it working .. i had to reformat my computer but i'm finaly playing fall out 3 .. i must say , it's a really addictive game .. thanx for your help .. PEACE!