MechGamer110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MechGamer110
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

I just bought Diablo 3 and would like to know how Diablo 3 multiplayer works. I am trying to find a game but I can't seem to find any one playing. I'm currently on Act 2 and am on level 36.

I have tried asking people in chat, they tell me that I have to level up then I will be able to play with other people. Here is another question, what level is the best to find a game in Diablo 3 multiplayer?. I asked people in Diablo 3 chat and they said to go in game settings and then select the difficulty then I will join a game with other players, but I still join a game with no one playing. I also would like to know why when i'm in game settings It always shows 0 players playing, why is it like that?.

Bye

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

If this is the screen, you may not be selecting a Public game because i think the default is a Private game where only friends and clan members can join you. If you pick public, you will join a game.

You can also make a game private game and then switch it to public by hitting the escape key and changing your game's settings.

The number of other players playing is listed in the middle column and you should be able to join one of their games.

The problem, however, is that since Diablo 3 has been around for some time, theres alot of things that has caused the player base to split into many segments.

• There are generally more players at max level than people leveling characters (with the exception of Seasons)
  • Hardcore and normal players can't play together.
  • There are almost no one playing Campaign as Adventure more is much more rewarding and more fun.
  • After picking Adventure mode, this is further split by difficulty settings; You can change the difficulty settings to see, roughly, how many other players are also playing at that difficulty.
  • The game tries to pair you up with people in roughly similar levels.
  • Diablo 3 added Seasons where in players must make new characters starting from scratch with no help or aid of the previous gear that they've found; about half of players participate in this mode;

In other words, after narrowing down the list of available players from regular and seasonal, playing the same difficulty that you are, playing the same mode (adventure or campaign), playing normal or hardcore as you, and happen to be around your same level; you are limited to a fairly small pool of players - until you get to level 70 where you'll find many more players.

If you have any more questions, you can add me as a friend: my battletag is Xaos#1459