This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I want to play a good RPG. I am looking for something like Bioware's games where there is a good story with lots of choices to make that alter the story in some way. Does anyone know of any games like this at all?

Also, does Baldur's Gate 2 work with Windows 7? I remember trying to play it a few years back but I was young and got real bored and I would really like to try it again sometime.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

The Witcher

Alpha Protocol

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I want to play a good RPG. I am looking for something like Bioware's games where there is a good story with lots of choices to make that alter the story in some way. Does anyone know of any games like this at all?

Also, does Baldur's Gate 2 work with Windows 7? I remember trying to play it a few years back but I was young and got real bored and I would really like to try it again sometime.

XxChicagoTedXx

Yes BG2 works perfectly fine in Windows 7, make sure you download the widescreen mod though. I played the game when I was rather young and didn't really understand much at all, in fact I got my butt kicked in the first dungeon even with cheats. I gave it another try about two years back and it's nothing less than a masterpiece, it is definitely one of the best rpgs ever in my opinion.

So yeah, I'd recommend you try BG2 again, it can be bought digitally for like what, 9 usd or even less I think, from GOG.com.

If not, I'd recommend Vampires: The Bloodlines Masquerade!!! I mean come on, a vampire rpg? Instant win concept.

Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

Baldur's Gate 2 does indeed run just fine on Windows 7. I would also have to recommend Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. In my opinion, these are two of the greatest masterpieces in the world of PC RPGs. But, if you get Bloodlines, you MUST get the unofficial updates. The game itself is so very buggy, but the unofficial mods do wonders to fix it up. Deus Ex is also a true masterpiece, where choices definitely come into play. It is kind of an FPS/RPG mix, that has truly harnessed exactly what an RPG should be in terms of choices, be it from how you go about your objective to who you work for or betray.

Also, just to list the more popular RPGs around these parts (which are all also AMAZING games):

Titan Quest
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Diablo 2
Planescape: Torment
Divinity II Ego Draconis (Haven't tried this one myself, but I will be soon.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Ill opt in with the Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines (altho it does not has as many of hte choices you seek, well does have something like 5 endings :P)

NWN 2 is a pretty good bid, and Ive allready forgotten if you mentioned games you allready playied in the OP, but: The Witcher, BG2 (yeah it does work on win 7) arcanum, ah heck, just the average rpg list on these boards will likely do :S Alpha protocol does alot in the ways of choice if I remember, it just feels a bit odd at times...

I think Gothic 3 does have choices that alter the game somewhat, the earlier gothic games likely also, it is not an rpg for everyone tho.

jsBASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jsBASH
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

Yes Baldur's Gate 2 dose work fine on Windows 7 but I was not able to run Baldur's Gate 1 on Windows 7. Baldur's Gate 1 is said to have trouble with non English computers and Windows 7.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

XxChicagoTedXx

Ever try dragon age origins..Decent rpg, some of the game is very challenging..Dont do dao2 but do origins..Dao2 is just gawd horrible..

frnk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frnk55
Member since 2010 • 260 Posts

BG2 and Planescape Torment!

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
If you want a modern game where you feel like everything you do alters the game, Alpha Protocol is the one.
CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

The Witcher and Planescape Torment.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts