My plasma tv started buzzing loudly, solution?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

So i'v owned plasma tv's before im familiar that they have low to moderate buzzing issues, but in the last month my tv has started to buzz so loud that i literally hear over the game or movie im watching. I was wondering if there was a reason for it getting louder? any help or tips would be great. I thought about taking it to bestbuy where i got it to see if geeksquad can repair it or something but im sure they will charge me an arm and leg

strope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 strope
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
It's dying. Get a new one. Don't try to fix it, it'll be so much cheaper to buy a new one. what brand is it and is it still under warranty?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

get a LED tv.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

get a LED tv.

sukraj
You know they break too..?
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

get a LED tv.

kraken2109

You know they break too..?

Yeah my brother in law bought a Sony 46" 3D LED for like $2500 from bestbuy and a little after a year of owning it(which is when the manufacture warranty ends) it developed 2 large lines that are always that are fading/discoloring the image its to the side and not totally noticeable so they just deal and there still paying off that t.v. Moral of the Story don't buy stuff from best buy they rip you off especially on the really high cost items and always buy a 3rd party warranty on your brand new expensive t.v especially when its costing you a thousands dollars. It's worth the money incase something happens outside of the patethically short manafactures warranty so you don't have to buy a new one or deal with a flawed t.v

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

So i'v owned plasma tv's before im familiar that they have low to moderate buzzing issues, but in the last month my tv has started to buzz so loud that i literally hear over the game or movie im watching. I was wondering if there was a reason for it getting louder? any help or tips would be great. I thought about taking it to bestbuy where i got it to see if geeksquad can repair it or something but im sure they will charge me an arm and leg

Djmaster214
I think it's something to do with the power outlets and what else you've got connected/nearby. I bought a plasma in 2011 and it was silent when I got it, then it started buzzing, then I moved and it was silent again, and now it's buzzing again.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

get a LED tv.

sukraj

If you want to severely compromise your picture quality then yeh why not:roll:

wurydaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wurydaz
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts

Maybe this will help you out maybe not - I recently bought a new 60'' panasonic plasma , after about 2 months of ownership i got the dredded buzzing , tv is on warranty , caled panasonic , they sent a repair man out to me and it turns out that the problem was the original screws that were instaled with the tv did not have washers to dampen the vibration at the end of them , he quickly took about 40-75 screws out of the tv and replaced them and so far not a vibration or buzz is to be heard. Hope it helps as this is not always the issue.

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts
i have a samsung LED that's buzzing, I always wondered what that was all about.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

turn the V all the way down and buy a surround sound system. heard of some things around ur tv can make the speakers buzz too. some kind of magnet problem.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

My Sony LCD has been solid for the 2.5 yrs Ive had it :)

Oh and I live at elevation, so plasma is still out of the question.