This topic is locked from further discussion.

linkfreak4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linkfreak4
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

I have been noticing a number of problems that are wrong with my computer that I have dealt with for the past 3 weeks. Here are the problems that I am having:

1. BF 2 gets a modified BSOD upon start-up

2. When I try to perfrom some tasks I get an annoying message which has the title "Windows-No Disk" which holds a message of a bunch of numbers. I have to keep clicking the X like 20 times before it goes away. After each X click it just pops up again but eventually goes away.

3. I cannot defragment my C: Drive

4. I cannot error check

5. I cannot system restore (on the final step I click next and nothing happens)

My dad installed Kaspersky on my computer which is a load of crap in my opinion. It's hard to use and when it finds a problem, you are not even sure if it got rid of it. (I think its just saying its there) It rendered my spybot which was orginally on my computer useless and it deleted it. I tried to reinstall spybot, but when I launch it, it just does nothing.

I also cannot access my usb drive.

I tried AVG free edition, which stupid Kaspersky allowed, and I believe it found stuff and got rid of it, but only some of which was a fake computer defense program which it identified as a trogan. Everything else is the same.

So, after all else failed, I turned to my trusty system restore, but it cannot be completed as the aforementioned problem occurs. It just won't go through.

My only guess, as the message says no disk. Is that for some reason my harddrive got cracked or damaged (that would probably explain why I can play any other game except BF 2, because to play BF 2 I have to have my disk in the hard drive)

I want my computer how it used to be, I'll try anything you guys got in your knowledge. I'm not to experienced in the field of computer defense and viruses. If you guys could help me, that would be great. I have my computer open and a screwdriver handy if you need me to tinker with any components =).

~Thank you

darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts
i didn't read the whole thing,but download malwarebytes and run a full scan,i ran it once and found infected files spybot s&d and other antiviruses never found
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
Best way to know your hdd is clean is to reformat =/ Sorry to hear it
darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts

Best way to know your hdd is clean is to reformat =/ Sorry to hear itMunkyman587
best way but not the only one..just run malwarebytes if it doesnt find anything and the problem persist then yes i'd say just reformat and don't bother

linkfreak4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linkfreak4
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

Well, I downloaded malwarebytes, and it found a bunch of infected things. After the scan, it said register to fix the problems. So then I clicked that and it went to their website and it said that I have to buy the product to fix the problems... I don't feel comfortable spending however many dollars on it. And what is reformmating a harddrive mean and how do you do it?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Use this, it's free and has excellent definitions runs in your browser, takes a whilehttp://housecall.trendmicro.com/

After that, install avast free, it's the best free AV.

PS: Reformat, in the context of this means reinstall windows from scratch and lose all your settings. This isn't a big deal if you do regular backups like an awesome person(me).

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

Well, I downloaded malwarebytes, and it found a bunch of infected things. After the scan, it said register to fix the problems. So then I clicked that and it went to their website and it said that I have to buy the product to fix the problems... I don't feel comfortable spending however many dollars on it. And what is reformmating a harddrive mean and how do you do it?

linkfreak4
You might off downloaded the wrong thing. I heard about that virus or something similar. When you go to pay for it, it steals your credit card info. SO Whatever you do don't put any credit car information... Try re-downloading it off of download.com because it gets rid of things free, its not suppose to ask you for cash. But yeah you deffinently got yourself a virs. If all else fails you'll need to reformat you're harddrive, ask around here and they'll you how, because i don't know how :(
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
malwarebytes is a very good program use it to scan your pc
gp556by45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gp556by45
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

Here is the direct link to malware bytes. http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ If anything on your computer asks you to buy something, do not do it, as it is probably a rouge anti malware application. Malware Bytes is a HIGHLY respected tool in the industry, and I use it on every pc that I clean out.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

Here is the direct link to malware bytes. http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ If anything on your computer asks you to buy something, do not do it, as it is probably a rouge anti malware application. Malware Bytes is a HIGHLY respected tool in the industry, and I use it on every pc that I clean out.

gp556by45
You can also get it from download.com
DarkSidexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkSidexxx
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts

That pay to fix crap sounds like scamware to me.I've heard about malware like that,just bogus 'software' companies that take your money and don't fix anything.Don't pay those losers for causing your problems!!!

As recommended above use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but make sure it's the REAL one.You can google Malwarebytes.org and download it from their site.It works VERY well and the free version removes crapware without ever asking for you to pay for it.The free and full versions are pretty much the same but the full version adds real time protection,auto-updates,and a few more options.