MW2 map pack $15 on PC!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Searched didn't see anything.

HA! I knew it, MW2 is just going to die fast now as I've said. Can't believe Activi$ion is actually doing this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
There is another thread on this actually.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 morrowindnic

Search fails.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Man I just bought these excellent price for some amazing maps. $3 per map is reasonable.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't understand how you can say that this game will die out soon when its basically the most popular FPS game on the PC.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 morrowindnic

I don't understand how you can say that this game will die out soon when its basically the most popular FPS game on the PC.

JangoWuzHere

You are joking right? COD4, COD2, and BC2 are all more popular on PC>

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Man I just bought these excellent price for some amazing maps. $3 per map is reasonable. millerlight89

From what I read they are mostly maps that were already available in MW1...just imported to MW2. I dont see how $3 per map, some being maps that already existed is justifiable. I don't know, can't expect every company to be a Valve that truly appreciates there customers and really go out of the way to show how much they value them. I do understand that I should not EXPECT developers to work and receive additional content for free. However I've seen how money grabbing Activision is, they are just charging this much completely out of greed, and with no consideration of there fans. I won't support them.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Man I just bought these excellent price for some amazing maps. $3 per map is reasonable. trijity

From what I read they are mostly maps that were already available in MW1...just imported to MW2. I dont see how $3 per map, some being maps that already existed is justifiable. I don't know, can't expect every company to be a Valve that truly appreciates there customers and really go out of the way to show how much they value them. I do understand that I should not EXPECT developers to work and receive additional content for free. However I've seen how money grabbing Activision is, they are just charging this much completely out of greed, and with no consideration of there fans. I won't support them.

He was being sarcastic. 2 maps are old, 3 are new. So $5 per map is a rip off. And anyone who thinks $15 for 3 maps is cheap, can't be trusted with any money.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

He was being sarcastic. 2 maps are old, 3 are new. So $5 per map is a rip off. And anyone who thinks $15 for 3 maps is cheap, can't be trusted with any money.

morrowindnic

Lol, I did not read the other forum post before this one and did not detect the sarcasm, just finished reading it, and if this was sarcasm then my bad, still sticking to my statements though.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

trijity

Lol, I did not read the other forum post before this one and did not detect the sarcasm, just finished reading it, and if this was sarcasm then my bad, still sticking to my statements though.

In his other posts he says he doesn't like MW2, thats how I knew. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways. the map pack should cost at most $10, that would be reasonable.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Worst map pack ever to, tried it on my buddies 360. Seemed like half the maps where from cod4.

One of the new maps was cool and I liked one of the maps from cod4, but thats about it. Should be free or 5$ imo.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

There is another thread on this actually. FPS_Gamer123

I couldn't find them either even though I did look at them earlier. I think they are being culled...

As far as the map packs go, I think this is just a new trend that we will start seeing more of in the future. I noticed Dragon Age also had tons of "extra content" at $10 a piece. So to actually get the full game, (excluding expansion pack) I would have to pay $80. I wouldn't be surprised if Activision started selling new weapons as well. This should just come with the game, but all the companies are trying to find out ways to make money after the initial surge of sales.... Unfortunately, we gobble it up so we are fully justifying their decisions (from a money-making perspective).

I think the new maps aren't that bad though. I liked the 2 old maps and 2 of the 3 new ones are pretty awesome. It does suck though if you want to play with your friends that have the pack or vice versa.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up OP! Just bought and paid for and currently downloading!

Oh man, this is going to be awesome. Three new maps to play on, and with the two maps from COD4 I can feel like I'm playing a good COD again. Damn, this is totally worth the money.

w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 w4rrior17
Member since 2010 • 943 Posts
[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Lol. Not everybody uses xfire there buddy.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

morrowindnic

Proof? I REALLY doubt Cod4 and Cod2 are more popular. I don't know the numbers for BC2.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 morrowindnic

Daily Players from Xfire:

CoD4: 70,364

CoD2: 44,829

BC2: 26,617

MW2: 23,920

Saying Xfire isn't crediable is retarded. That only thing that can come from that would be that MW2 players are casual PC gamers.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 millerlight89

[QUOTE="trijity"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

In his other posts he says he doesn't like MW2, thats how I knew. Maybe I'm wrong.

Spot on sir. I do not hate MW2, but it is a disgrace to CoD if you ask me. Tbh, I am not sure I would pay the money if I loved the game. I might if I liked it and it was 5 new maps.
k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
Xfire's broad market penetration and usage makes it a decent and reliable source of information for the NA/EU market.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Saying Xfire isn't crediable is retarded. That only thing that can come from that would be that MW2 players are casual PC gamers.

morrowindnic

You do know around 70K people played MW2 according to Steam, right?

***EDIT*** According to this, a peak of 78,907 players played MW2 today. Not everyone uses Xfire bud. (The peak will switch back to something smaller at 3am EST)

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

The-Mosher

***EDIT*** According to this, a peak of 78,907 players played MW2 today. Not everyone uses Xfire bud. (The peak will switch back to something smaller at 3am EST)

not everyone uses xfire which also makes the BC2, CoD4, and CoD2 numbers smaller as well as the MW2.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

The-Mosher

Steam only counts the games that are running through it though.

I never said that Xfire showed EVERYONE, but that doesnt mean the % of things are off by much though.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 millerlight89
I was looking at the screens on Steam and I find it funny how they make it seems tactical with your team mates sticking together and stuff, never happeend in any game I played in MW2.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Why PC users care about Map packs price if they boycotted MW2 :P
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

The problem is most of the people who arent complaining dont work for their money. They dont know crap about the real world. These are the same people who buy all games at release and then don't even open them or play them for months. It just makes them feel good or something, maybe so they can brag, idk.Just leave them to their fail game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

Man I just bought these excellent price for some amazing maps. $3 per map is reasonable. millerlight89

I agree

and yet this is a scam.

it was not more than a year or two ago when community made maps were not only tolerated, but supported, by developers and even publishers.

RIP community, the days of Gooseman and amazing modders are over.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

happy or disgusted, depending upon whether you're a NW faithfuls. however, there should be no surprsie for anyone since we have said it thousands of times before the game release: Activision/IW's riding of dedicated server and mod support is to sell map packs.

oh wait, there were people defending them back then: "we don't know that..." right, as if their motive wasn't so blatantly obvious...

Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
My money goes towards a decent enough game, not DLC or additional map packs. I believe in the old days, when a game is to be released then it is meant to be fully finished - not to be continously patched fixing problems because they rushed the product out of the oven door to get sales in as quick as possible. Only to add stuff to it after and ask for even more money!? No sorry, I'm no push over and hold onto my money for a full game. As for MW2, I've not played since a month now.
DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
My money goes towards a decent enough game, not DLC or additional map packs. I believe in the old days, when a game is to be released then it is meant to be fully finished - not to be continously patched fixing problems because they rushed the product out of the oven door to get sales in as quick as possible. Only to add stuff to it after and ask for even more money!? No sorry, I'm no push over and hold onto my money for a full game. As for MW2, I've not played since a month now.Anarchist-TKC-1
I completely agree...after I get rich, I think it would be awesome to open a gaming studio and make games properly.
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

I never said that Xfire showed EVERYONE, but that doesnt mean the % of things are off by much though.

Thing is that MW2 REQUIRES Steam so that 78k is spot on, and there are much more players on CoD4 than just 70k that are on Xfire. So in theory COD4 has a lot more players than MW2. I'd say the most popular FPS on PS is Counterstrike, Bad Company 2 and TF2, you know for the numbers that matter. Most MW2 players are casual PC gamers, not that they don't matter but they aren't part of the PC community.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Can't get into a game fast enough to justify that price.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

vote with your wallet, dont buy it. The entire point of IWnet was always to charge for DLC later on down the line.... and the bare faced cheek of it all, charging for untouched COD4 maps...If there were dedis then every map from COD4 would have been ported for free... activision destroyed this game for a quick buck.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
Why PC users care about Map packs price if they boycotted MW2 :Pbadtaker
Don't worry, my computer is still MW2 free and will remain that way till the cows come home.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"] You do know around 70K people played MW2 according to Steam, right?

nintendog66

Thing is that MW2 REQUIRES Steam so that 78k is spot on, and there are much more players on CoD4 than just 70k that are on Xfire. So in theory COD4 has a lot more players than MW2. I'd say the most popular FPS on PS is Counterstrike, Bad Company 2 and TF2, you know for the numbers that matter. Most MW2 players are casual PC gamers, not that they don't matter but they aren't part of the PC community.

How did you came to this conclusion?

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
As someone who owns MW2...no thanks, Activision. Too much money for too little value.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="nintendog66"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

OoSuperMarioO

The fact that most pc gamers are in the know when it comes to games and whatnot. We come here to chat about games, and go to sites like joystiq, and kotaku. Those who just bought MW2, and don't do any thing else that we do, arn't really one of us.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="nintendog66"] Thing is that MW2 REQUIRES Steam so that 78k is spot on, and there are much more players on CoD4 than just 70k that are on Xfire. So in theory COD4 has a lot more players than MW2. I'd say the most popular FPS on PS is Counterstrike, Bad Company 2 and TF2, you know for the numbers that matter. Most MW2 players are casual PC gamers, not that they don't matter but they aren't part of the PC community.

morrowindnic

The fact that most pc gamers are in the know when it comes to games and whatnot. We come here to chat about games, and go to sites like joystiq, and kotaku. Those who just bought MW2, and don't do any thing else that we do, arn't really one of us.

I think those are what companies call "Satisfied customers." They don't have much to complain about and would rather just play the game with their friends and online. nothing more, nothing less.

Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
I am gonna wait and see how many ppl will buy it cuz I don't play these maps alone and to the ppl how don't like MW 2 we get your point so please shut up, I don't like when you say only casual play MW 2, or a true PC Gamer will not play it, PC gamer is someone who plays Video games in PC and MW 2 is great game so Stop Whining :)
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="trijity"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

To me the only acceptable price to me would be free. The lack of mod support was clearly aimed at making users pay for crappy maps since they have no other choice but to get milked this way. Maybe $15 with 10 new maps (not recycled ones), some new weapons, and some extension to the campaign.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Are you serious?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

The-Mosher

Statistics proves differently. Xfire falls under a perfect normal distribution and a perfect sample size of all PC gamers. Using laws of math and stats we can pretty much say that Xfire is almost dead on what current PC players are playing.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

Wasdie

Statistics proves differently. Xfire falls under a perfect normal distribution and a perfect sample size of all PC gamers. Using laws of math and stats we can pretty much say that Xfire is almost dead on what current PC players are playing.

Thank you for stating that. Most people have been throwing around the Steam numbers and discrediting the XFire numbers as it is a program that isn't required to play the game. The thing is, it is a program that shows no BIAS and gives a fair representation of the PC gaming realm.
denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Xfire is obviously a fine representation. Xfire will show numbers from ALL games, Steam only shows numbers from STEAM games... it's really not that difficult. If the hardcore PC community was larger, this map pack wouldn't be a problem, because Activision would look at the sales (and there would be few) and realize that business model was terrible... \ Unfortunately there are tons of people out there who are willing to pay that much for maps, which normally would be fine, it's your money you can do what you want with it...but in this case it sets a precedent for what is acceptable in the industry and ruins it for everyone else.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
These maps cost money to make, therefore they charge money to play them. Just because they have made hundreds of millions from the game doesn't mean they should give out expansions (new maps) for free. If you don't want to spend $15 for them then don't, plain and simple. The only reasonable argument I can see about this is how the maps from CoD4 cost as much as the brand new ones.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
the price is pretty retarded , valve and dice releases free dlcs , maps , even community can make theyr own maps , but mw2 , that game is barely worth a 15$ ...
STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

These maps cost money to make, therefore they charge money to play them. Just because they have made hundreds of millions from the game doesn't mean they should give out expansions (new maps) for free. If you don't want to spend $15 for them then don't, plain and simple. The only reasonable argument I can see about this is how the maps from CoD4 cost as much as the brand new ones. Ghost_702
you earn money from continued sales of the game. Valve, releases all updates for free. The map packs are suppose to boost game sales, they are not meant to be a source of direct income.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"] You do know around 70K people played MW2 according to Steam, right?

Cdscottie

Thank you for stating that. Most people have been throwing around the Steam numbers and discrediting the XFire numbers as it is a program that isn't required to play the game. The thing is, it is a program that shows no BIAS and gives a fair representation of the PC gaming realm.

I use xfire but I think youre wrong with unfair bias. People who play COD4 use xfire as their main communcation tool.... people who play MW2 dont need to because steam does this. Not many people would use xfire on top of steam except perhaps the long term users, certainly not the new MW2 players .... There are sites with actual hard numbers of who is playing what.... xfire is not one of them.

unrealkw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 unrealkw
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Man I just bought these excellent price for some amazing maps. $3 per map is reasonable. Wasdie

Are you serious?

I was thinking the same thing.
the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

HA! I knew it, MW2 is just going to die fast now as I've said. Can't believe Activi$ion is actually doing this:

morrowindnic

How will the game die any faster now? The DLC has its own playlist so the core game isn't changed for those that choose not to buy it.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="Cdscottie"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

bonafidetk

I use xfire but I think youre wrong with unfair bias. People who play COD4 use xfire as their main communcation tool.... people who play MW2 dont need to because steam does this. Not many people would use xfire on top of steam except perhaps the long term users, certainly not the new MW2 players .... There are sites with actual hard numbers of who is playing what.... xfire is not one of them.

Yes but the fact that not everyone uses xfire just shows that CoD4 is played more... I mean everyone of those 25k of xfire users playing MW2 is accounted for in the Steam numbers but on xfire that's 70k of xfire users that play CoD4, you have to assume that there are a fair few people who play it without xfire easily taking the numbers over that of MW2.

Although it makes me laugh how little people are playing Bad Company 2.

drg0nzo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 drg0nzo1
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

Is it really a surprise to anyone? They didn't want to allow dedicated servers because they want to sell DLC. If it's like WaW for the 360, you are essentially forced to buy the map packs if you actually want to play multiplayer without bouncing from lobby to lobby looking for a game thats about to start on the maps you do have. Then you might get a round in, and be booted when it changes maps because you don't it.