RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RandoJarfat
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts

Ok how idiotic is this forum that it has the delete and edit buttons right next to each other!!!!

Had to repost.

-----

I would like to hear your suggestions for the most relaxing PC games.

Dark souls was a bad idea since I get strung out from working I want to wind down when playing games and dark souls would only exaserbate my nerves.

Recently played banished and it was super fun and addicting/relaxing for a couple of hours but like others I lost all interest only a couple of hours in since once you sort out food levels/starvation wiht a gatherers hut the game loses all objectives.

So similar suggestions to banished with more longevity would be good.

I would also like to hear of other genres I may not have thought of for your relaxing picks. Great engrossing stories are good for that but they are so few and far between these days.

Skyrim sounded good in theory but always felt so soulless and lonely. I love the idea of free roam rpgs they are really relaxing but haven't played one that really scratches the itch in that area- maybe the last one would be one of the old gta games back in the early 2000's vice city i think! whichever was based on 80s miami. So a real long time ago :P. I tried the fourth one recently but Im really not into the slapstick violence of the gta games these days. If its more serious in tone like mafia then sure, but the gta games feel kind of gratuitous to me now

Metro games looked good but ultimately fogettable, cliche story. That game sucks tbh beyond the shiny graphics. Another vapid game on the unending pile. Indie games are really piquing my insterest recently but its a blaancing act because I dont have much patience for really shitty graphics. So its kind of one or the other I guess between good graphics and good gameplay/story/originality. I dont like the top of the line either of AAA, cos that just means soulless moneygrubbing, so middle of the road graphics I think is best :)

So freeroam and city builders id put as my favorites. Interested to hear yours.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Sim City great game!

Bieberfan147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bieberfan147
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

Civilization games, BEYOND EARTH OCT 24 HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

Sim City great game!

I didn't play the new Sim City, but Sim City 4 will never get old. And it's not just the game itself, it's the music, too - perhaps the best game soundtrack ever. Of course, you have to be somewhat musical to appreciate that :).

Yes, and Tiger Woods games are fairly relaxing, too.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Try the Anno series. 1404 and 2070 in particular. Rollercoaster Tycoon is great too. Some people don't like the 3rd one as much as 1/2 but I think they're all excellent personally.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

+1 for civ and sim city. Or any adventure game with a good story: Longest Journey, Dark Eye and Memoria, Myst and Riven, etc....

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

A poker game.. well, to me anyway.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
  • Civilization V
  • Anno 1404 / 2070
@PfizersaurusRex said:

I didn't play the new Sim City, but Sim City 4 will never get old.

Don't, it's garbage. Stick with 4.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Turn based RPGs/strategy...

Cause you can take your time with things and not have to rush or have your hands at the controls at all times, sip your brandy or take a pull while accessing the situation, strategizing...you can even can watch a game or something on TV at the same time, say, cause nothing happens until you're ready !

RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RandoJarfat

Oh ffs!!!!! I hate this forums setup so much every time i got to edit my post it is deleted instead. with no warning!!! now thats pissed me offf!

Liking the recs'.

I was saying I like the art style of point n click adventures games but they are frustrating to me trying to figure out the puzzles I end up just diving for the walkthroughs. Anyone into that genre should try gray matter lovely melacholic feel to it.

Sim city 4 I found as directionless as banished and grew bored of it quick.

Good perspective on turn based games. I find it annoying having to be pressing return constantly but i agree it does allow a slower pace of play. Temple of elemental evil I began but got tired of the turns. Has a lovely feel to it tho so Im sure Id enjoy if I had the patience. Trouble is when Im stressed out from a hard day I dont have pateince! I require an immmediate fix of relaxation. Settler 7 was nice, but I had to wipe my windows losing my saves from loads of games and dont havent bothered to reload agian. Settlers isnt so bad but i had like 20 mods on skyrim which I built up over a couple of months so cant bear to load them all up again for the questionable enjoyment i got form the game.

Civ v i gave a whirl but didnt mange to get addicted like i did 4 cos i didnt get used to the constant pressing return again. I have had a hankering for a good space rts (or space game in general), although its a bit lonely feeling I think that setting has a nice majesty about it that is relaxing. Sins has been on my HD but again didnt bother to learn it :P I love my rts's but havent found anyhting to come close to good ol supreme commander since (1st one ofc). SIns sounded like the closest thing to supcom tho form what id been reading, a little on the lite side but still decent form what I read.

Oh ye the caesar games were SUPER relaxing for me back in the day. I had ceasar 4 playing recently think ill check that out again.

Oh just thought another one to add to my alltime favs is transport tycoon. Been looking for a replacement of that one. Had a bit of fun with railroad tycoon 2 but again lost its luster fast due to lack of objectives.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@randojarfat:

I got you covered...

• Euro Truck Simulator 2 (excellent game and my absolute number one pick BY FAR for a relaxing game)
  • Minecraft
  • Proteus
  • Costume Quest 1 and 2
  • Ether One
  • Eidolon
  • Tropico 5
  • Dear Esther
  • Skyrim
  • Viscera Cleaning Detail
  • The Long Dark
  • The Crew (upcoming racing game with massive open world you can cruise around, beta was excellent)
  • Terraria

I will add more later.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 link and video below. It's a lot better than it seems/looks. I'd highly recommend it. It's tons of fun and very very relaxing. I never expected this game to be so engaging when I bought it. It's also very highly rated. Controller recommended.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/

Loading Video...

RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RandoJarfat

Great like usual my post was deleted!!!!! How do you guys manage?

80% of my posts get deleted!

Anyway was just thanking you above sir for your good recs.