Morrowind- Still Worth It?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JesusFreak1990
Member since 2007 • 1298 Posts

Many times I go into Best Buy, I see Morrowind, in a pack that contains every expansion, for only $20. And I have considered getting it, but first I want to know more about the game from you guys/girls.

My questions are:

How is the combat, and are there a lot of cool weapons?

What kind of choices can you make in the game, is it like KOTOR where you can choose what to say/do and be evil or good?

Is the game linear, or can you choose how to go about progressing the story?

How does it hold up to todays games? Is it good enough to purchase for $20?

By the way, I know there is Oblivion, which I hear is better in a lot of ways. but my current PC likely won't handle that, and the rules at my house are no "M" games so I can't even consider getting it.

EDIT:In case no one saw my other post buried within the pages of this thread, I have enough info, thanks to all of you, to help me decide on whether or not I want to get the game. And yes, I do want it. It sounds like my kind of game, even in it's "vanilla" form. :)

I plan to get the game tomorrow, and once I have played it, I will post my first impressions here in this thread, but I'll save anything further than thatfor my blog.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#2 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Many times I go into Best Buy, I see Morrowind, in a pack that contains every exspansion, for only $20.And I haveconsidered getting it, but firstI want to know more about the game from you guys/girls.

My questions are:

What kind of choices can you make in the game, is it like KOTOR where you can choose what to say/do and be evil or good?

By the way,I know there is Oblivion, which I hear is better in a lot of ways. but my currentPC likelywon't handle that, and the rules at my house are no "M" games so I can't even consider getting it.

JesusFreak1990

1. Combat is Hit on Chance stat based combat liek many other RPGs, so at the beginning be prepaired to miss a lot, but once your weapon skills (which can be Short blade, Long blade, Blunt, Axe, Spear, and Hand to Hand) get above 50 the combat pace will pick up.

2. There isn't much when it comes to moral choices.

3. the game is 100% non linear, it's possible to completely skip over the whole plot and kill the final boss.

4. Oblivion has better combat, but the game world is a generic middle earthy fantasy land (with the exception of the shivering isles).

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Many times I go into Best Buy, I see Morrowind, in a pack that contains every expansion, for only $20. And I have considered getting it, but first I want to know more about the game from you guys/girls.

My questions are:

By the way, I know there is Oblivion, which I hear is better in a lot of ways. but my current PC likely won't handle that, and the rules at my house are no "M" games so I can't even consider getting it.

JesusFreak1990
It's not worth it. It's the type of game where you can hit someone dead on, it looks like it hit, but does zero damage and doesn't tell you. Combat is impossible The storyline for the game is almost not there, they dont tell you where to go or who to talk to you have to find x random npc and talk to him to continue storyline. it's linear. if you decide to be a dick and kill people, everyone will kill you. it's not worth $20.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"]

My questions are:

Nibroc420

It's not worth it. It's the type of game where you can hit someone dead on, it looks like it hit, but does zero damage and doesn't tell you. Combat is impossible The storyline for the game is almost not there, they dont tell you where to go or who to talk to you have to find x random npc and talk to him to continue storyline. it's linear. if you decide to be a dick and kill people, everyone will kill you. it's not worth $20.

You clearly haven't played the game.

go troll elsewhere.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JesusFreak1990
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"]

Many times I go into Best Buy, I see Morrowind, in a pack that contains every exspansion, for only $20.And I haveconsidered getting it, but firstI want to know more about the game from you guys/girls.

My questions are:

By the way,I know there is Oblivion, which I hear is better in a lot of ways. but my currentPC likelywon't handle that, and the rules at my house are no "M" games so I can't even consider getting it.

1. Combat is Hit on Chance stat based combat liek many other RPGs, so at the beginning be prepaired to miss a lot, but once your weapon skills (which can be Short blade, Long blade, Blunt, Axe, Spear, and Hand to Hand) get above 50 the combat pace will pick up.

3. the game is 100% non linear, it's possible to completely skip over the whole plot and kill the final boss.

4. Oblivion has better combat, but the game world is a generic middle earthy fantasy land (with the exception of the shivering isles).

Ok thank you. :) I edited my post to add another question, but didn't edit it in time for you to see it; How does it hold up to todays games? Is it good enough to purchase for $20?
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"]

My questions are:

JesusFreak1990

Ok thank you. :) I edited my post to add another question, but didn't edit it in time for you to see it; How does it hold up to todays games? Is it good enough to purchase for $20?

Graphically it hasn't aged well at all, and it can feel a bit clunky at times, but it's nothing that breaks the gameplay or ruins the immersion.

It's totally worth $20, but you can get it cheaper online.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

It's a superb game, but $20 is far too much. I got it (including the expansions) for £3 a few months ago, which is about $5.

it's linear..Nibroc420

Do you even know the definition of linear? Because Morrowind is the opposite of linear.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

swazidoughman

Graphically it hasn't aged well at all, and it can feel a bit clunky at times, but it's nothing that breaks the gameplay or ruins the immersion.

I thought it hadnt aged well graphically as well, until I saw this modded Morrowind... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdovXgXrDY

OP, its definitely worth it. The best RPG of all time for me personally.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JesusFreak1990

Ok thanks broken_bass_bin.

Umm... You accidentally quoted Nibroc420 wrong and your quote makes it look like I said "it's linear", lol. :P

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"] Ok thank you. :) I edited my post to add another question, but didn't edit it in time for you to see it; How does it hold up to todays games? Is it good enough to purchase for $20?TheCrazed420

I thought it hadnt aged well graphically as well, until I saw this modded Morrowind... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdovXgXrDY

OP, its definitely worth it. The best RPG of all time for me personally.

TC said that his PC couldn't handle Oblivion, and Morrowind isn't exactly an example of amazing optimization, these mods would only bog it down.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Truly great games don't age.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Umm... You accidentally quoted Nibroc420 wrong and your quote makes it look like I said "it's linear", lol. :P

JesusFreak1990

Yeah I know, my bad. I edited it, but looks like you just missed it.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"]

My questions are:

swazidoughman

go troll elsewhere.

I have played it, and i've given my factual representation of it. Everything i've said is 100% true and I once again say.. Not worth $20..not even worth $2 Horrible game. you're all just fanboys.
hpstp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hpstp
Member since 2004 • 151 Posts
I have to agree a liltle with Nibroc... I've tried playing the game several times, making myself play it for several hours thinking "everyone seems to like this so much, maybe I'm just missing something, maybe I just need to get to the better part of the game...". Well, it didn't change the fact that the game gives you little info on what you actually have to do, the combat is god-awful, the graphics aren't "good" by today's standarts but I hardly see that as a problem. It's an old game, you know what to expect. But being old doesn't justify the other problems in the game. Then again, if you knowing it plays like this still want to try, I think you should. As you can see, there's alot of ppl here that love the game to death. It def isn't my game, but who knows, it can be yours!
jon2jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jon2jon
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420 It's not worth it. It's the type of game where you can hit someone dead on, it looks like it hit, but does zero damage and doesn't tell you. Combat is impossible The storyline for the game is almost not there, they dont tell you where to go or who to talk to you have to find x random npc and talk to him to continue storyline. it's linear. if you decide to be a dick and kill people, everyone will kill you. it's not worth $20.

if its linear, then how can you not know what to do next or where to go? i've played morrowind and imo, it wasn't linear, i'm just trying to understand you're interpretation of it.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="JesusFreak1990"]

My questions are:

Nibroc420

those plus no quest indicators so you run around to figure out where you need to go next...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dakan45
[QUOTE="hpstp"]I have to agree a liltle with Nibroc... I've tried playing the game several times, making myself play it for several hours thinking "everyone seems to like this so much, maybe I'm just missing something, maybe I just need to get to the better part of the game...". Well, it didn't change the fact that the game gives you little info on what you actually have to do, the combat is god-awful, the graphics aren't "good" by today's standarts but I hardly see that as a problem. It's an old game, you know what to expect. But being old doesn't justify the other problems in the game. Then again, if you knowing it plays like this still want to try, I think you should. As you can see, there's alot of ppl here that love the game to death. It def isn't my game, but who knows, it can be yours!

same here and apart from awfull combat and almost no story... its deathborring as hell and the lack of cinematics or dialogue voice acting and no quest indicators dont really help to make you play the game.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] It's not worth it. It's the type of game where you can hit someone dead on, it looks like it hit, but does zero damage and doesn't tell you. Combat is impossible The storyline for the game is almost not there, they dont tell you where to go or who to talk to you have to find x random npc and talk to him to continue storyline. it's linear. if you decide to be a dick and kill people, everyone will kill you. it's not worth $20.Nibroc420

go troll elsewhere.

I have played it, and i've given my factual representation of it. Everything i've said is 100% true and I once again say.. Not worth $20..not even worth $2 Horrible game. you're all just fanboys.

What you said just shows that you suck at Morrowind and have the attention span of a 4 year old :lol:

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

go troll elsewhere.

swazidoughman

What you said just shows that you suck at Morrowind and have the attention span of a 4 year old :lol:

There are lots of teenagers/adults that are too busy and cant be bothered to play a highly complex and slow game like morrowind (its called casual gaming and makes more money) plus why every rpg game has to be that hardcore, go check the fable and mass effect user ratings, they are dumbed down and simple as hell...yet they have very high scores and sales :shock: I guess that proves you are wrong and people just dont like complicated rpgs like morrowind.
hpstp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hpstp

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

go troll elsewhere.

swazidoughman

So because someone dosen't like the game that you like, it's because they're dumb? I, for one, don't think Morrowind is "overly complex" or too dificult or something. I just don't like the way it plays. But I can see how it might appeal for some ppl. As I saied before, it just isn't my type of game. The same way you might find some games I love to be just awful. Diferent ppl have diferent opinions.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I have played it, and i've given my factual representation of it. Everything i've said is 100% true and I once again say.. Not worth $20..not even worth $2 Horrible game. you're all just fanboys.dakan45

There are lots of teenagers/adults that are too busy and cant be bothered to play a highly complex and slow game like morrowind (its called casual gaming and makes more money) plus why every rpg game has to be that hardcore, go check the fable and mass effect user ratings, they are dumbed down and simple as hell...yet they have very high scores and sales :shock: I guess that proves you are wrong and people just dont like complicated rpgs like morrowind.

Morrowind can be played at 30 minutes per sitting and it will still be amazing.

And it's only as complicated as you want it to be
I could make a barbarian charater and just roam around slaughtering random people, not complex at all.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I have played it, and i've given my factual representation of it. Everything i've said is 100% true and I once again say.. Not worth $20..not even worth $2 Horrible game. you're all just fanboys.hpstp

So because someone dosen't like the game that you like, it's because they're dumb? I, for one, don't think Morrowind is "overly complex" or too dificult or something. I just don't like the way it plays. But I can see how it might appeal for some ppl. As I saied before, it just isn't my type of game. The same way you might find some games I love to be just awful. Diferent ppl have diferent opinions.

thank you for posting that.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
I think people now-adays are spoiled. Quest indicators, fully voiced interactions, etc. There is a huge story in Morrowind.. problem is (for some people apparently) that you have to *gasp* read to get it! Oh noes! Reading! If you don't mind a game that makes you use your head and think about what you go up against, or a game that makes you think about how to get where you are going and even exploring a bit to find it.. then you will like Morrowind. If you want your hand held with pointers and fast travel, if you want alot of voiced dialogue that takes away the need to read or use your head, then Morrowind probably isn't for you. This game was made when traveling and exploring a huge world were considered great features. The graphics aren't the best, you have to work towards your goal, and you aren't 'uber' against all enemies right off the bat.. but if you take the time to read the dialogues, ask all the questions in the game, explore the world, and generally throw off expectations brought about by the current state of games.. you will enjoy it very much.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

swazidoughman

I could make a barbarian charater and just roam around slaughtering random people, not complex at all.

It doesn't change the fact that it isn't my type of game. And no, it's not because i'm a "casual gamer" I probbably put like 40-50+ hours a week into gaming. Morrowind is just far too slow, the storyline doesn't go anywhere before i get bored.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] There are lots of teenagers/adults that are too busy and cant be bothered to play a highly complex and slow game like morrowind (its called casual gaming and makes more money) plus why every rpg game has to be that hardcore, go check the fable and mass effect user ratings, they are dumbed down and simple as hell...yet they have very high scores and sales :shock: I guess that proves you are wrong and people just dont like complicated rpgs like morrowind.Nibroc420

It doesn't change the fact that it isn't my type of game. And no, it's not because i'm a "casual gamer" I probbably put like 40-50+ hours a week into gaming. Morrowind is just far too slow, the storyline doesn't go anywhere before i get bored.

Use console commands to teleport to quest areas, problem solved.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

swazidoughman

Thats essentially cheating. and the fact that you need to cheat in a game to have it move at a reasonable rate saddens me

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] It doesn't change the fact that it isn't my type of game. And no, it's not because i'm a "casual gamer" I probbably put like 40-50+ hours a week into gaming. Morrowind is just far too slow, the storyline doesn't go anywhere before i get bored.

Nibroc420

Thats essentially cheating. and the fact that you need to cheat in a game to have it move at a reasonable rate saddens me

It's no different than fast travel in Oblivion.

Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

The moral choices are not displayed by some convenient little tracker, but they are there.

In one character i chose to take every escort quest NPC and lock them in my dungeon. My dungeon was one of the many castles in the world that i tookby force.It took a while but it worked. If thats not immoral i don't know what is. The only flaw i would say is the respawning guards. I took the time to kill every single NPC in the game but the guards just coming back ruined it for me. Yes by that time anyone who attacked me instantly died due to my sick custom enchants, but it was still lame to see them come back, as if i didn't rule the island with an iron fist.

Overall i would say its very very worth it if you like freeform RPGs. and with all the mods you can get it could be the best sandbox freeform RPG out there. Out of all the bethesda games, including Fallout 3, i spent more time roaming around morrowwind than any other.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I think people now-adays are spoiled. Quest indicators, fully voiced interactions, etc. There is a huge story in Morrowind.. problem is (for some people apparently) that you have to *gasp* read to get it! Oh noes! Reading! If you don't mind a game that makes you use your head and think about what you go up against, or a game that makes you think about how to get where you are going and even exploring a bit to find it.. then you will like Morrowind. If you want your hand held with pointers and fast travel, if you want alot of voiced dialogue that takes away the need to read or use your head, then Morrowind probably isn't for you. This game was made when traveling and exploring a huge world were considered great features. The graphics aren't the best, you have to work towards your goal, and you aren't 'uber' against all enemies right off the bat.. but if you take the time to read the dialogues, ask all the questions in the game, explore the world, and generally throw off expectations brought about by the current state of games.. you will enjoy it very much.carlosjuero

I agree with you 100%. Morrowind was my favorite game back in the day, and I've played hundreds of hours of it and am noone here discovering everything in the huge world, let alone finished the main plot. If you're used to Fallout 3 where your pipboy and compass gives you a direct route to quest locations, even when you shouldn't know where the location iss, it will tell you exactly where you need to go, even when inside buildings you've never been in before. Morrowind is for gamers with patience, and it isn't really a game meant for impatient kids, or people who don't have alot of time to invest in the game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] It doesn't change the fact that it isn't my type of game. And no, it's not because i'm a "casual gamer" I probbably put like 40-50+ hours a week into gaming. Morrowind is just far too slow, the storyline doesn't go anywhere before i get bored.

Nibroc420

thanks for continuing what i started...
hpstp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hpstp

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

swazidoughman

The fact that you have to use console commands to make the game playable for you, already means the game isn't for you. I feel the same way about mods... if a game NEEDS mods to be good, well it just means that the game is bad and someone took the time to try and make it good. Means the dev that should've made a good game has failed... As I saied before, Morrowind isn't a game for everyone. There's not 1 game out there that'll be loved by everybody. It's just impossible to appeal to all types of ppl at the same time.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

hpstp

The fact that you have to use console commands to make the game playable for you, already means the game isn't for you. I feel the same way about mods... if a game NEEDS mods to be good, well it just means that the game is bad and someone took the time to try and make it good. Means the dev that should've made a good game has failed... As I saied before, Morrowind isn't a game for everyone. There's not 1 game out there that'll be loved by everybody. It's just impossible to appeal to all types of ppl at the same time.

Mods or console command aren't required, but if you're impatient you can just do an Oblivion style fast travel to go where ever you need to.

hpstp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hpstp

[QUOTE="hpstp"]

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

swazidoughman

Mods or console command aren't required, but if you're impatient you can just do an Oblivion style fast travel to go where ever you need to.

That kindoff defeats the point of the game, dosen't it? If you don't like that type of game, why not play Oblivion? I don't see why all the work to try and make yourself or other ppl like certain games. If you try it and don't like it, there are other options out there. Morrowind isn't the ultimate RPG... it might be for YOU, but definatly not for everyone.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

dakan45

Is fast travel in Fallout 3 cheating?

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Ya, Morrowind was truly a spectacular game.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JesusFreak1990

You all have given me the information I wanted to help me make the desicion on whether or not I should get Morrowind.

The result? I will be purchasing Morrowind whenever I can, it sounds exactly like a game that I will like.

All your posts are appreciated, thank you everyone. :)

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Thats essentially cheating. and the fact that you need to cheat in a game to have it move at a reasonable rate saddens me

True_Sounds

Teleporting places, unless implemented by the game is cheating, even if it's a console command.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] thanks for continuing what i started...Nibroc420

Teleporting places, unless implemented by the game is cheating, even if it's a console command.

If the player wants to save the 10 minutes walking to the location then I think using the console is completely fair game. The game is moddable and has a console for a reason. I for one can not play Morrowind with the vanilla leveling system, so I'll tweak it with a mod. Just play the game, use whatever console commands or mods you want and have fun with it. I don't know where you're going with this 'cheating' discussion, Morrowind is not a competition.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

True_Sounds

If the player wants to save the 10 minutes walking to the location then I think using the console is completely fair game. The game is moddable and has a console for a reason. I for one can not play Morrowind with the vanilla leveling system, so I'll tweak it with a mod. Just play the game, use whatever console commands or mods you want and have fun with it. I don't know where you're going with this 'cheating' discussion, Morrowind is not a competition.

So... if you play say... cod4 campaign on the hardest setting and give yourself godmode.. thats no cheating because theres no competition? Just by twisting the gamefiles/abusing commands put in by devs to help with testing you're not playing the games it's intended to be played. Have you read the manual? Does it say anything like "press so and so buttons to open console, here are all the commands to help you get through the game even easier? No, it doesn't. Cheating is cheating.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
MW is one of the best RPGs.......no best games ever and I play to this day. These people don't know what they are talking about. You can definitely use most of the graphical mods that make the game so much better with almost no loss in fps.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pvtdonut54

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Teleporting places, unless implemented by the game is cheating, even if it's a console command.Nibroc420

So... if you play say... cod4 campaign on the hardest setting and give yourself godmode.. thats no cheating because theres no competition?

Just by twisting the gamefiles/abusing commands put in by devs to help with testing you're not playing the games it's intended to be played. Have you read the manual?

There's a difference between saving time through walking and godmode..

Bethesda obviously encourages modding, or they wouldn't have given us the Construction Sets. Its a sale gimmick.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Morrowind is worth it.

Anyway:

If you have any problems with the game there is like what? 50 000 mods or so out?

From new quests, islands, graphic, creatures, spells, animations to Town building, turning evil, changing weather, start a family.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

Morrowind is a spectacular rpg.Im not even going to think how many hours i put into it...hell i probably sat and read random books etc for more hours than i have put into a handfull of games.Like someone else said,you need patience with a game like morrowind,nice eye candy upgrades make it even better.Atmosphere/cultural differences are superb.Combat isn't the best,but the rest of the game makes up for it in spades.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nibroc420

pvtdonut54

So... if you play say... cod4 campaign on the hardest setting and give yourself godmode.. thats no cheating because theres no competition?

Just by twisting the gamefiles/abusing commands put in by devs to help with testing you're not playing the games it's intended to be played. Have you read the manual?

Bethesda obviously encourages modding, or they wouldn't have given us the Construction Sets. Its a sale gimmick.

My point is using console commands to help with walking or anything for that matter is an abuse of the tester's tools. If they wanted you to fast travel they would have implemented such a thing. They didn't, it's not the way the game was ment to be played. As such, it's cheating. Just like using any command to make any game easier to play.

Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

pvtdonut54

In morrowwind the best way to get around, in my opinion, is by using a jump spell, or jump enchant. You can get from one side of the game world to the other in a few jumps, it takes about 2 minutes.

I would use a 1 second fly spell to stop myself mid jump and then fall onto my target. damn, this makes me want to play it again, if only for the jumps.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

It's pnly $20, what do you have got to loose?.... you might need to get the game guide for it tho.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Oblivion has better graphics, physics and combat system, but that's it. Morrowind is much superior in terms of story, quests, exploration, world, interaction,soundtrack and RPG elements.

Buy the game only if youlike old-school RPGs.Morrowind isn'ta game for everyone such as Oblivion.

MW2

MW1

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 True_Sounds

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Just by twisting the gamefiles/abusing commands put in by devs to help with testing you're not playing the games it's intended to be played. Have you read the manual? Meejoe27

In morrowwind the best way to get around, in my opinion, is by using a jump spell, or jump enchant. You can get from one side of the game world to the other in a few jumps, it takes about 2 minutes.

I would use a 1 second fly spell to stop myself mid jump and then fall onto my target. damn, this makes me want to play it again, if only for the jumps.

Boots of blinding speed + enchanted levitation item = win. I don't know if my game glitched, but I started to be able to see with the boots on (although it was like 10 shades darker) once I'd gotten to a pretty high level. Jump is good but I always tended to run out of uses/magicka making this less useful for my char

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pvtdonut54

[QUOTE="Meejoe27"]

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

True_Sounds

Boots of blinding speed

My nostalgia sense are kicking in. I'm reinstalling :x

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 True_Sounds

Nothing beats some dude plummeting from the sky out of nowhere and then spattering on the dirt right in front of you with some sweet swag in his inventory :lol:

Edit: wait that's not how I got my boots.. man it's been too long since I've played