• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brodie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brodie93
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Any of you a fan of minecraft? The game is so simple yet addicting and fun.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

No. It sucks.

Graphics - Lifeless, bland, blocky and generic environment and colours; all player characters are uniform if unmodded.

Combat - Combat sucks to. You have a newbie weapon and just click the left mouse button multiple times to kill it. You can get a few stronger weapons, but the technique doesn't change. It's the most simplest form of combat that would put the crappiest arcade beat em up game on a pedestal because it would probably have more than one possible form of attack

Sound - Crappy, blocky sound; forgettable soundtrack.

Building - This is meant to be the highlight in the game. Since the graphics look like crap, there's no point in trying to make your house look beautiful. There aren't decorative things like tables, chairs, carpets, draiperies etc. All you get is a block of wood. Do you know what happens after you get a block of wood? You get a block of brick. For some reason, if you destroy the foundations of a building/object/stratus of terrain, the rest of it remains suspended in the air.

Not only does this criminally bad game defy Newtons laws of physics, it's also a communist piece of propaganda that encourages kolhoz, and idiot beggars that have never worked in their life can just go inside your castle and live in it for as long as they want. Hell, they can even destroy it, no one cares; the police force in this goddamn game has probably already been bribed.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Yup yup. Can build anything from simple shacks to elaborate palaces. Great stuff. Would like more determined enemies attacking my mighty fortresses tho!
Brodie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Brodie93
Hah I mostly play on creative servers where monsters are disabled so don't have to worry about things getting exploded by creepers :P
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

No. It sucks.

(random nonsense)

SkyWard20

Notsureifsrs.

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

No. It sucks.

Graphics - Lifeless, bland, blocky and generic environment and colours; all player characters are uniform if unmodded.

Combat - Combat sucks to. You have a newbie weapon and just click the left mouse button multiple times to kill it. You can get a few stronger weapons, but the technique doesn't change. It's the most simplest form of combat that would put the crappiest arcade beat em up game on a pedestal because it would probably have more than one possible form of attack

Building - This is meant to be the highlight in the game. Since the graphics look like crap, there's no point in trying to make your house look beautiful. There aren't decorative things like tables, chairs, carpets, draiperies etc. All you get is a block of wood. Do you know what happens after you get a block of wood? You get a block of brick. For some reason, if you destroy the foundations of a building/object/stratus of terrain, the rest of it remains suspended in the air.

Not only does this criminally bad game defy Newtons laws of physics, it's also a communist piece of propaganda that encourages kolhoz, and idiot beggars that have never worked in their life can just go inside your castle and live in it for as long as they want. Hell, they can even destroy it, no one cares; the police force in this goddamn game has probably already been bribed.

SkyWard20
I'm no minecraft fan myself. But this shows you don't know what the game or even other games are about. It's gameplay, and from what i have seen you can do infinite things in minecraft. Go play you beutifull games again without any gameplay in it, like god of war, assasins creed, etc, etc. I ****** hate graphics, because of these top notch graphics games suck nowadays. Dozens of sequals came out more beutifull then ever but there was no gameplay anymore. I remmember the days where there was only green screen, 90% of the games back then had more gameplay to it then the next gen games....
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

Love the game. Got a server up and running for my mates to play on. We are using the RuneCraft mod which adds some coolness to the game and makes owning gold and diamond that much more appealing. Beta release is on the 20th of this month and I can't wait until we see what other things are added to the game.

It's really fun to see what you can come up with in this game. It is the essance of open world free form gaming. Takes me back to my childhood love of legos.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

No. It sucks.

madmenno
I'm no minecraft fan myself. But this shows you don't know what the game or even other games are about. It's gameplay, and from what i have seen you can do infinite things in minecraft. Go play you beutifull games again without any gameplay in it, like god of war, assasins creed, etc, etc. I ****** hate graphics, because of these top notch graphics games suck nowadays. Dozens of sequals came out more beutifull then ever but there was no gameplay anymore. I remmember the days where there was only green screen, 90% of the games back then had more gameplay to it then the next gen games....

Graphics bring the 'video' in 'video game' and affect 'gameplay'. Making beautiful graphics requires at least as much work as the gameplay. You know what's better than both in video games? Enjoyment. Regardless if you agree with what I've said, in the end -- for many gamers -- good graphics make games much more enjoyable.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 madmenno
Yeah which is weird... I rather play a very sophisticated game with lots of gameplay then doing each level the same thing but watch beutifull graphics. If i want nice graphics i buy the playboy.... but thats just my opinion.
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts
[QUOTE="madmenno"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

No. It sucks.

SkyWard20

Graphics bring the 'video' in 'video game' and affect 'gameplay'. Making beautiful graphics requires at least as much work as the gameplay. You know what's better than both in video games? Enjoyment. Regardless if you agree with what I've said, in the end -- for many gamers -- good graphics make games much more enjoyable.

tbh if minecraft had good graphics then it might be less attractive to me.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 madmenno
Offcours eit would be less attractive... they would have to cut on the gameplay and all those neat feutures that define minecraft. Same goes for the companies nowaday, money goes to graphics and pro gamers get nothing. Sometimes i wish gaming was still for nerds only like 15 to 20 years ago... but then again, i would still only be playing games i guess :D
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

No. It sucks.

SkyWard20

I knew you would post, yet again.

Every time there's a Minecraft thread, this SkyWard guy posts complete missinformation(lmao badly @ being a communism propaganda) as if he's got something personal with the creator.

Like he's jelous or something since the guy made over 8 milion Euro's off of Minecraft(803913 purchases as of today * 10E each) in just a year, and there are currently over 2.5 milion people registered on the main site, and there are at least over 1.500 people on the forums 24/7. [source]

Hey, its okei to dislike a game.. we all do it, but to hate its popularity because its better then your favorite game? That's just hatin'.

Communism propaganda..

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
Tried the free weekend a long time ago, and my conclusion was: a sandbox game with no objectives wont be fun for so long (at least for me the game was fun the 1st couple of hours, but after that, I figured that it would take too much time to get the good stuff and that killed the game for me - I don't want a game to become a second job, games are meant to be fun and enjoyable).
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lucianu

Tried the free weekend a long time ago, and my conclusion was: a sandbox game with no objectives wont be fun for so long (at least for me the game was fun the 1st couple of hours, but after that, I figured that it would take too much time to get the good stuff and that killed the game for me - I don't want a game to become a second job, games are meant to be fun and enjoyable). Gamartto

Game was fun for me for a couple of days, but then got boring.

The only thing that keeps me checking it out from time to time are the updates, and i'm curious how this game will turn out in the final version. Beta's in 20 dec., so it won't be long now.

The conception is great however, a mmo like this would be a breath of fresh air, possibly a bigger phenomenon then it already is.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="Gamartto"]Tried the free weekend a long time ago, and my conclusion was: a sandbox game with no objectives wont be fun for so long (at least for me the game was fun the 1st couple of hours, but after that, I figured that it would take too much time to get the good stuff and that killed the game for me - I don't want a game to become a second job, games are meant to be fun and enjoyable). Lucianu

The only thing that keeps me checking it out from time to time are the updates, and i'm curious how this game will turn out in the final version. Beta's in 20 dec., so it won't be long now.

The conception is great however, a mmo like this would be a breath of fresh air, possibly a bigger phenomenon then it already is.

Weren't you the guy who defended Minecraft as being 'genius' and 'great'? :lol:
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its ok, but all it is. Is virtual legos.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

No. It sucks.

(ridiculous statements)

SkyWard20

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lucianu

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Gamartto"]Tried the free weekend a long time ago, and my conclusion was: a sandbox game with no objectives wont be fun for so long (at least for me the game was fun the 1st couple of hours, but after that, I figured that it would take too much time to get the good stuff and that killed the game for me - I don't want a game to become a second job, games are meant to be fun and enjoyable). SkyWard20

Which it is, in every way.

Communism propaganda..

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

I admit it: I'm a 'Craftophile. :D

I play on a private server with two of my friends. We just started a new game last night, since we felt like we'd kind of reached our potential with the old one. We had a massive castle, a lighthouse, an underground tram station, roughly a mile of elevated track (for the fully functional tram system), half a dozen outward forts, including one built on top of a giant pit all the way down to the bedrock, and an underground castle built to house a portal to the Nether when that update is released.

My one gripe? From the moment I played it, Minecraft effectively suspended my progress on my hulking backlog. :lol:

Oh, and Creepers. :x

No. It sucks.

(gibberish)

SkyWard20

You're missing the whole point of the game. It's essentially LEGOs in 3D. Half of the fun comes from gradually accumulating a huge repository of various resources, and the other half comes from using your imagination (this is key) to conceptualize and build things. The "combat" is only there to push you into getting most of your development done during the day, and to serve as a slightly more challenging means of gathering resources (since monsters drop items). It's intentionally basic, so as not to get in the way of the building element, and the game is purposely not realistic (ex. floating blocks) for the same reason. And as for the graphics: Come on, you really don't see that the game is designed to look 8-bit retro?

As a general point to those who got bored with the game: if you can get into it with a few friends, the game gets infinitely better, since everything you build becomes a co-op project. Then, it becomes the masterpiece y'all keep hearing about. ;)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
It's decent but it's really lacking in just about everything at the moment. I built myself a tower and it begs the question: now what?
Brodie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brodie93
lol I go away and come back and see this, glad I brought some light to minecraft Also since I'm new here, how would I put this, http://bbs.minechan.org/sig/image-d3d2e2c3fb.png as my signature?
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metroidfood

It's decent but it's really lacking in just about everything at the moment. I built myself a tower and it begs the question: now what?KHAndAnime

Build an automated minecart subway station. :P

That's what I'm doing right now.

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I've only tried the free version and looked at videos on youtube for it. I didn't really like it. It's kind of boring. If I want to build stuff, I'll play LittleBigPlanet, Garry's mod, or Sandbox mod for Battlefield 2. Plus, they all have actual physics and better graphics. ;)

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

I enjoy playing the multiplayer game with my friends, crafting absolutely beautiful MONSTROUS creations. Fun stuff.

Singleplayer is also pretty fun.

To that Skyward guy, the second poster on this thread -- first rant I've heard that was nothing but "OMGTHISGAMEISHORRIBLE" about Minecraft. o.o

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It's decent but it's really lacking in just about everything at the moment. I built myself a tower and it begs the question: now what?metroidfood

Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fwCevNqCM :>

But yeah, find something big you'd like to do, and just start on it. For me it was a themepark, which turned into a city, which turned into a subway, etc etc. Overall, minecraft is def fun, even fun just messing with textures since just about anybody can make their own.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

It's a great game...totally took me by surprise how much I enjoy it! It's one of those games where what you get out of it depends on what you put in though which is why I think it doesn't appeal to some people.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Lucianu

Which it is, in every way.

Communism propaganda..

Um, and you got bored with it in a few days? Can't say I've ever felt that with ANY game I've even remotely liked.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SkyWard20

I admit it: I'm a 'Craftophile. :D

I play on a private server with two of my friends. We just started a new game last night, since we felt like we'd kind of reached our potential with the old one. We had a massive castle, a lighthouse, an underground tram station, roughly a mile of elevated track (for the fully functional tram system), half a dozen outward forts, including one built on top of a giant pit all the way down to the bedrock, and an underground castle built to house a portal to the Nether when that update is released.

My one gripe? From the moment I played it, Minecraft effectively suspended my progress on my hulking backlog. :lol:

Oh, and Creepers. :x

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

No. It sucks.

(gibberish)

JN_Fenrir

You're missing the whole point of the game. It's essentially LEGOs in 3D. Half of the fun comes from gradually accumulating a huge repository of various resources, and the other half comes from using your imagination (this is key) to conceptualize and build things. The "combat" is only there to push you into getting most of your development done during the day, and to serve as a slightly more challenging means of gathering resources (since monsters drop items). It's intentionally basic, so as not to get in the way of the building element, and the game is purposely not realistic (ex. floating blocks) for the same reason. And as for the graphics: Come on, you really don't see that the game is designed to look 8-bit retro?

As a general point to those who got bored with the game: if you can get into it with a few friends, the game gets infinitely better, since everything you build becomes a co-op project. Then, it becomes the masterpiece y'all keep hearing about. ;)

The fact that this game is made to look crappy does not make it look any less crappier. Build what? What do you do after you've built something? There are no complex patterns for building whatever you wish to build; just blocks. You build by placing a block over another block and by destroying blocks. There are no decorative items, there are no set goals; you just build, and then what? It's a sh**** sandbox game, but that's not the entire reason the game is so sh****. The fact is, you can't build anything interesting in and of itself. If you could build a goddamn rocket and ride it then, hell yeah, that would be awesome. You can build different types of gathering tools and have basic upgrades for your weapons. There's just nothing exciting to build. You can't combine items to actually make something interesting. I still don't understand what's so genius about a few different blocks, which is supposed to be the main attraction of the game. There's just nothing to do in the game for people looking for SUBSTANCE. The game lets you use your imagination as far as building goes, but it does nothing to ENHANCE the experience. If you build a house in The Sims, you can go live in it. You can use all the utilities, decorate it etc., you can INTERACT with it. You can't interact with your building no matter what you do ( short of destroying the blocks OR putting rails, if you consider that part of your building ) It's just like creating a character for a RPG you want to play... and that's it. It's just a character generator. You can't press the start button to actually begin playing the game, because it sucks! Because it's communist.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metroidfood

You can't combine items to actually make something interesting.

You can't interact with your building no matter what you do ( short of destroying the blocks OR putting rails, if you consider that part of your building )

Because it's communist.SkyWard20

You haven't played the game bro. ;)

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Renevent42

Just ignore SkyWard20...it's pretty obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about.

As for complex...maybe I'm just a simpleton but I'd consider this pretty complex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug

uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uberpunage101
Member since 2009 • 436 Posts

No. It sucks.

SkyWard20

Its not even a beta yet. Chill out. I don't how anyone can judge this game in its current state.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

You can't combine items to actually make something interesting.

You can't interact with your building no matter what you do ( short of destroying the blocks OR putting rails, if you consider that part of your building )

Because it's communist.metroidfood

You haven't played the game bro. ;)

Yes, I have...

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

No. It sucks.

uberpunage101

Its not even a beta yet. Chill out. I don't how anyone can judge this game in its current state.

But people still DO and say it's AWESOME. I'm saying it's not.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 metroidfood

But yeah, find something big you'd like to do, and just start on it. For me it was a themepark, which turned into a city, which turned into a subway, etc etc. Overall, minecraft is def fun, even fun just messing with textures since just about anybody can make their own.

crazymonkey092

No, mine's much less complex and more practical. :P

I just have a regular stop point with some junction switches, I guess the only real automated part are the booster carts. I started on it after finding this, which made redstone powered cart systems soooooooo much easier.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renevent42

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It's decent but it's really lacking in just about everything at the moment. I built myself a tower and it begs the question: now what?crazymonkey092

That's pretty awesome :D It's amazing some of the stuff people have managed to build inside Minecraft.
TEH_RADIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TEH_RADIO
Member since 2009 • 418 Posts

I've been messing around alot in SP, but if anyone wants to build something massive in an MP server I'd totally be up for it!

Avatar image for SamSharp505_UOC
SamSharp505_UOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SamSharp505_UOC
Member since 2009 • 750 Posts
Love it, atm I have left my normal file and started a new peaceful one, where I have set up a big farm and stuff and a cool fort. It's amazing how some of my uber violent gamer mates turn into little girls on this, I love it it's such a fun game to play after college to relax. :D In January we were going to build minas tirith in survival mode but loads of people have done it in free mode already :( We're thinking of something new to build, there's about 12 of us so we want something big :)
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

No. It sucks.

SkyWard20

Graphics = texture packs

everything else = opinion or your playing the game wrong

sound = forgettable soundtrack? the soundtrack is actually AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPex4wOFZb0&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_74545

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC6g7q2gq_g&annotation_id=annotation_251579&feature=iv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_341814&v=Rl1SACrzPF8&feature=iv

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamartto"]Tried the free weekend a long time ago, and my conclusion was: a sandbox game with no objectives wont be fun for so long (at least for me the game was fun the 1st couple of hours, but after that, I figured that it would take too much time to get the good stuff and that killed the game for me - I don't want a game to become a second job, games are meant to be fun and enjoyable). Lucianu

join an online clan/server, it practically IS an mmo, tbh!

Aspetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Aspetto
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

Ahh, gotta love viral marketing.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

No. It sucks.

INSERT WALL OF WRATHFUL TEXT HERE

SkyWard20

From this and your signature, I can already deduce that you appear to be an egotistical ass.

But I do get where you're coming from. The issue is that I grew up playing Descent, and Minecraft is basically like coming home - if home is a world with no discernable physics and 16-bit textures and big winding caverns full of horrifying poorly-textured polygon abominations. If you're a nostalgic little wanker like me, the graphics don't matter all that much.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

The fact that this game is made to look crappy does not make it look any less crappier.SkyWard20

It's for the nostalgia factor. It also makes the game feel more light-hearted, kind of like a cartoon. I think that's pretty obvious, but I get that that approach doesn't work for everyone. But as someone who grew up playing 8- and 16-bit games, graphical fidelity isn't something that makes or breaks a game for me personally.

Build what? What do you do after you've built something? There are no complex patterns for building whatever you wish to build; just blocks. You build by placing a block over another block and by destroying blocks. There are no decorative items, there are no set goals; you just build, and then what? It's a sh**** sandbox game, but that's not the entire reason the game is so sh****.

The fact is, you can't build anything interesting in and of itself. If you could build a goddamn rocket and ride it then, hell yeah, that would be awesome. You can build different types of gathering tools and have basic upgrades for your weapons. There's just nothing exciting to build.

You can't combine items to actually make something interesting. I still don't understand what's so genius about a few different blocks, which is supposed to be the main attraction of the game. There's just nothing to do in the game for people looking for SUBSTANCE.SkyWard20

What do you do after you build something? You build something else, of course! And as for building something "interesting," that's all in the eye of the builder. Just today, I spotted an enormous, snow-covered mountain off in the distance and thought, "Man, it'd be so cool to build a castle on top of that." And then I did. That idea was interesting to me, so I set my own goal and then made it happen.

Also, you're wrong about decorative items. There are tons of decorative items, but you have to build most of them:

• There are fences, signs, gates and doors
  • Water and lava can be collected to make fountains
  • You can build structures entirely out of glass (or gold or diamond if you wish)
  • Plants, trees and flowers can be harvested and re-planted

Furthermore, I would say that kind of the whole point of the game is to build your own decorative items: towers, bridges, walkways, statues, boat docks, beach huts... Whatever sounds cool to you.

The game lets you use your imagination as far as building goes, but it does nothing to ENHANCE the experience. If you build a house in The Sims, you can go live in it. You can use all the utilities, decorate it etc., you can INTERACT with it.

You can't interact with your building no matter what you do ( short of destroying the blocks OR putting rails, if you consider that part of your building )SkyWard20

There's an entire logic circuit system in the game that lets you build working, moving objects which can be interacted with using levers and pressure plates. If that's not interactive enough for you...

Because it's communist.SkyWard20

Yeah, sorry, I'm going to have to join the crowd on this one. I'm really not sure if you're serious. :?

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

anyone who doesnt like minecraft has no imagination. They didn't grow up building castles out of blocks, pillow forts, etc.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It's decent but it's really lacking in just about everything at the moment. I built myself a tower and it begs the question: now what?metroidfood

My point is that it's really mostly work without reward :). Unless you find mining stuff fun (which you probably do).
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

anyone who doesnt like minecraft has no imagination. They didn't grow up building castles out of blocks, pillow forts, etc.

tutt3r

I have an imagination, and the game is a complete snorefest. You place a bunch of square blocks in a particular order and that's just it. I'll never understand the hype behind such a simplistic game. If you want real usage of your imagination in a far more exciting environment, I think games like Gary's Mod, The Movies, and - to an extent - Just Cause 2 do it far better.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Renevent42
That's actually not it, as already pointed out. I actually don't take any exception with you (or others) disliking the game but the problem is you guys are using misinformation to base your opinions on. I'd say that's pretty much par for the course on gamespot, though lol.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Communist propaganda?! I had to double-check whether I was drinking last night or not when I read that.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

I'd say that's pretty much par for the course on gamespot, though lol.Renevent42

Yeah, that's right. Blame the difference of opinions on the entire website you're visiting. Generalizing is great. Hey, maybe you should go to one of those golden groups of incredibly intelligent folks so that you won't have to put up with us "Gamespot" users.

3KUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 3KUL
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

Addictive. Really addictive. But WHY!? What is so addictive about it?! Plus, until today, It was only in alpha?! Literally going to be stuck to my keyboard and mouse when it's finished...

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lucianu

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

THA-TODD-BEAST

I have an imagination, and the game is a complete snorefest. You place a bunch of square blocks in a particular order and that's just it. I'll never understand the hype behind such a simplistic game. If you want real usage of your imagination in a far more exciting environment, I think games like Gary's Mod, The Movies, and - to an extent - Just Cause 2 do it far better.

Man, i've played that game for 2 days only a month ago, but even i know more.

C'mon now. That's what you can do in the free flash version, which is 10% of the full game.

That is no were near as what you can do in Minecraft.

Okei, time to summarise it:

1. Earth Simulator. You're stranded and left to survive in a world 8 times the size of our planet, with:
  • mountains
  • oceans
  • rivers
  • dense forests
  • islands
  • snow covered areas
  • caves on the surface & underwater
  • plenty of resources, including food
  • animals
  • gigantic looking landscaces, each different. And you build at day time, because wen its night, monsters kill you.

Ofc. you can build weapons and armours.

That's the game.

And i'm not going to say what you can build because haters don't read, but at what lenghts the human brain is capable of (which has ben built) -->

• A fully functional computer, no joke. Using the game's mechanics, materials, building logic devices incomprehensibly complex without knowledge in PC parts.
  • A City. Think about your city. Yeah, it can be built.
  • A train like system, powered by fuel(coal), on train tracks, also naturally a station betwen Cities.
  • The Star Trek Enterprise.
  • A library, with books.
  • A functional cannon, using TNT(you can build TNT), the size of a building.
  • Machines. (elevators, rollercosters, traps, screens that can be turned on and off using buttons etc.)

Okei, you get the idea.

My point is that --------------->

Even i hate a lotta games which i cannot get into, but a lot of people do.Human preferrance, you can't please all.

But don't post "facts" that are false. I hate that, for anything, and i like to write wen i'm smoking cigs.