Medal of honour beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bjorn2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bjorn2d2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

i know its only a beta but its rubbish dont waste your moneys on it like i did if you want a good war fps get Bfbc 2. i had hoped the MoH would be like bfbc2 just faster i was wrong just my opinion hope its save some people some moneys

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Okay. Care to elaborate on why it's so bad?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
I pre-ordered it on Amazon, gonna cancel my pre-order as soon as I get the beta code on the 21st I think. Unless I like it, which I doubt judging from gameplay videos.
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
I am playing the Beta right now, its like Call of duty Mod in a Battlefield game, I am getting bored for playing the same map over and over :P
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I really like it so far, tbh. Obviously wish there were more maps because it gets old fast, but the weapons handling is quite nice.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif1b7_1j1s Looks like rubbish indeed. Like a bad cod4 mod.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif1b7_1j1s Looks like rubbish indeed. Like a bad cod4 mod.

My goodness that just put me off buying that game 100%! It just looks like a badly made MW2....and the HUD is just ugly as hell.
adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif1b7_1j1s Looks like rubbish indeed. Like a bad cod4 mod.

WTF!!! It looks exactly like BC2 but less fun. Definitely do not want.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dakan45
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="dakan45"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif1b7_1j1s Looks like rubbish indeed. Like a bad cod4 mod.

My goodness that just put me off buying that game 100%! It just looks like a badly made MW2....and the HUD is just ugly as hell.

Wait, isnt there stealth? I did not watch the entire video, i was bored because it was too slow, So what you mean its mw2. You can pick up enemies weapons and shoot them?
bjorn2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bjorn2d2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

for me the guns dont feel or sound very good and the the player mods are rubbish

The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

For the people saying it looks/plays like BC2: The Multiplayer is being made by DICE. Did you really expect them to make a new Multiplayer Engine for MoH when Bad Company 2 was released 3 months ago?

IMO, it doesn't look that bad at all. I just hope that the beta will be stable.

metroid5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metroid5
Member since 2004 • 950 Posts
That ruined my day :'( Its a shame at how much it was like BC2....I was shocked.....
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

For the people saying it looks/plays like BC2: The Multiplayer is being made by DICE. Did you really expect them to make a new Multiplayer Engine for MoH when Bad Company 2 was released 3 months ago?

The-Mosher

just because it's the same engine doesn't mean the walking animation with the weapon sway, the grenade launcher reload, the aks74u reload and everything else about it has to be a carbon copy.

look at the Unreal 3 engine, it's been used in so many different things and you never think they are all a carbon copy of UT3...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dakan45

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"]

simardbrad

just because it's the same engine doesn't mean the walking animation with the weapon sway, the grenade launcher reload, the aks74u reload and everything else about it has to be a carbon copy.

look at the Unreal 3 engine, it's been used in so many different things and you never think they are all a carbon copy of UT3...

The sound? What about the sound? Its like they took bc2 and put it on moh.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

[QUOTE="The-Mosher"]

dakan45

The sound? What about the sound? Its like they took bc2 and put it on moh.

yeah even the death sounds and some of the weapon sounds are the same. man DICE really sucks these days.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

It really doesn't sound or play like BC2 when you actually play it. Like a slower-paced MW2 if anything. There are a bunch of borrowed things from BC2, but I get the feeling those might be placeholders.. if not it will of course suck, but they do still have four months to work on this game. Some of the sounds are currently re-used, some of the icons, HUD...

I also think the graphics are quite nice when you play it. While this doesnt have destructible walls and buildings, there's tons of debris flying around from hitting walls and other objects.. it looks really good.

The other good thing is I think this game is quite balanced for using guns as opposed to.. everything else. MW2 has an abuse of noob tubes and knife, BC2 had the Carl Gustav and noobtubes, and unlimited grenades if you're assault. But in this game you'll want to stick with using your rifle or whatever, and the other weapons are really good support weapons but won't take over your primary means of killing. And that I like.

Also the sounds and feel of the weapons are downright BEEFY. Really the best I've played in any game in quite some time... I can't think of anything that can compare to the weapon feel.

kevgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kevgreg
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

watch this i think it shows off the beta pretty well, and theres a comentary with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNr14D3XHE

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I don't get what you guys are saying. This game looks fantastic. I really wish Gunclub would let me sign in so I could try this out.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
well it does look like BFBC2, but I don't really care about MP. The guns sound cool, and I hope the SP is going to great. Anyway can they stop their closed BETA crap and open it already? Its not like gamers are holding their breathes for this game.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dakan45

watch this i think it shows off the beta pretty well, and theres a comentary with it.

kevgreg
So there are vehicles plus airstrikes killstreaks. Oh and no scopes for the snipers in the begining.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

well if the single player is good, I think this is ok.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

kevgreg

That was a very well made video. The player did a good job at telling about the game mechanics. Again, I don't understand the hate. The game seems very solid and they still have some time to iron out any issues. Going to pre-order it tomorrow and see if I can get into the beta.

BrickMcStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrickMcStick
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts

kevgreg

Great video, shows off the beta pretty well. The game looks fairly interesting, it isn't as close to MW2 or BC2 as I though, its a pretty comfortable mix between the two so far.