Medal of Honor beta impressions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

What are your thoughts on the beta so far?

I only played a little bit, but so far I think its ok. I was right when I said that this plays like BC2 thoe. Almost all of the the stuff from BC2 is in here. You die faster thoe, meaning that cheap deaths can happen a lot...

kevgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kevgreg
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

How big are the maps?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

How big are the maps?

kevgreg
Smallish They are built for 12vs12 which is fine.
enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

those pics look like mw2

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Its looks a lot like Mw2. I think ill be sticking with Bc2 through :P.
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I think I'll stick with Bad Company 2 as well.
Timk1931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Timk1931
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts

How did you get the beta? I own BFBC2 and the BF2 complete pack but the beta is nowhere in my library...

SaucepanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaucepanMan
Member since 2010 • 117 Posts

How did you get the beta? I own BFBC2 and the BF2 complete pack but the beta is nowhere in my library...

Timk1931
you have to pre-order MoH
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Best feel of weapons in a modern shooter yet.. the semi auto snipers have a real nice kick to them. Sounds are great, game looks great. I don't really think it plays much like BC2. The levels are smaller with more detail, so theres lots of places to pop out and hide.. no destruction of walls.. you die a lot faster. Plays like a slower paced MW2, I'd say :)

Pretty satisfied so far...

BrickMcStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrickMcStick
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts

Best feel of weapons in a modern shooter yet.. the semi auto snipers have a real nice kick to them. Sounds are great, game looks great. I don't really think it plays much like BC2. The levels are smaller with more detail, so theres lots of places to pop out and hide.. no destruction of walls.. you die a lot faster. Plays like a slower paced MW2, I'd say :)

MyopicCanadian

Hmmm sounds like it could be fun. So the destructible environments are gone? I like that, small maps with destruction can lead to problems. My big fear is that because the release of it is so close to Black Ops that the size of its community won't be large for long because of people just playing Black Ops instead.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

well its still a single player based game right? With a multiplayer game similar to bc2... since I dont own bc2 maybe Ill get this instead. I also like the idea of a more run & gun bc2, is this what im looking for?

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

BrickMcStick

Hmmm sounds like it could be fun. So the destructible environments are gone? I like that, small maps with destruction can lead to problems. My big fear is that because the release of it is so close to Black Ops that the size of its community won't be large for long because of people just playing Black Ops instead.

I think both games will have decent communities, call of duty probably larger especially with the return of dedicated servers.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="BrickMcStick"]

[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

TerrorRizzing

I think both games will have decent communities, call of duty probably larger especially with the return of dedicated servers.

Ah, forgot all about Dedi servers. I will have to keep an eye out for CoD then. Though just giving us those is not enough.
Kaeladar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kaeladar
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
i was quite excited about this game and i'm disappointed. it's basically BC2 without the medics, and with MW's killstreaks instead. there are not enough differences for me to justify another purchase and i don't like killstreaks, so i uninstalled it and cancelled my preorder. i will reconsider this game when it comes out and reviews are available, but for now i am pretty sure i will not buy it.
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#15 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Thanks for the screens...looks like MW2 but with better visuals. Still not sure about this game though so I haven't pre-ordered. Is the beta going to be open to everyone on the 21st?
BrickMcStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrickMcStick
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts

Thanks for the screens...looks like MW2 but with better visuals. Still not sure about this game though so I haven't pre-ordered. Is the beta going to be open to everyone on the 21st?spiderman120988

Nope, only if you pre-order it.

Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#17 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Oy, but I don't love this game as much as I love StarCraft! =P
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
This game is such a disappointment :( I really wanted this game to be good but from what I played its not good at all.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#19 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Well, it's EA's first time bringing Medal of Honor to the modern era but I was still hoping that MoH multiplayer will have BC2 map scales but with some newly added features that has never been done by any past modern warfare game ( generally speaking ).

The_Broken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Broken
Member since 2004 • 232 Posts

I am really enjoying the game right now. the hit detection seems dead on. Shot a guy through 3 windows on the other side of the map with a sniper rifle. That wouldnt of happened in bf:bc and forgot cod:mw. For some reason this game reminds me a lot of the orignal cod on the pc.

anoos_extra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anoos_extra
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

the beta is really awesome! but it reminds me of MW2 and i hate that about it! the guns and the amount of bullets needed to kill someone is realistic and the maps are SOOOO well done and detailed! but it is less strategic and it has no fully destructible enviorments!

i guess it was wrong to assume that this will be like BF BC2, its still awesome though!

BF BC2 FTW!

GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

Quick questions:

What modes are available? Is it just standard deathmatch fair or something?

Does it have a perk system?

Can you use any gun reguardless of what team your on?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well looks like mw. Dissapointing, kinda souless game, i guess if you can hang on to the fact it has dedis, you can keep playing it but from what it seems, its pretty generic and unimpresive.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Sticking with BC2 myself. Have it for PS3. With BC2's support I dont think MoH is even needed.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I find snipers frustrating. There is not enough recoil on the sniper rifles, making them too easy to use. The sniper rifles also have the exact same as the regular rifles, making it very easy to no-scope people. the multiplayer is fairly bland and brings nothing new to the table. I hope the singleplayer is outstanding because multiplayer is not going to get this game sold.
Avatar image for Sniping_Crowbar
Sniping_Crowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sniping_Crowbar
Member since 2010 • 369 Posts
For some reason the resolution is stuck on 1024x768 anybody else having this problem, i wasted my damn jey on this version should have waited for xbox 360 version -_-.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Im actually surprised with how fun the beta is. This game is miles and miles better then Modern Warfare2, the guns actually feel like real guns unlike MW2.

It is somewhat like BC2 but the graphics seem better and also enemys die quicker as well.

I also enjoy the level design. I wasnt sure about this game before hte beta but now im definatly goign to pick it up when it drops.

Only thing I think they need is medics, overall I find this beta to be as good as the BC2 beta.

Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

Wow. Small maps and no destructible environments?....It sounds like a step back from BFBC2. I've never played the Modern Warfare games so maybe I'm missing whatever it is that might make this game as appealing as BFBC2.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SF_KiLLaMaN

For some reason the resolution is stuck on 1024x768 anybody else having this problem, i wasted my damn jey on this version should have waited for xbox 360 version -_-.Sniping_Crowbar
go to my documents>Medal of honor beta>settings and change it there.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

Im actually surprised with how fun the beta is. This game is miles and miles better then Modern Warfare2, the guns actually feel like real guns unlike MW2.kozzy1234

For real? They look like they dont know what recoil is, even as comsetic to give a better feel to the weapon.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Im actually surprised with how fun the beta is. This game is miles and miles better then Modern Warfare2, the guns actually feel like real guns unlike MW2.dakan45

For real? They look like they dont know what recoil is, even as comsetic to give a better feel to the weapon.

MW2 had recoil problems as well. This is still a beta though, much can change.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

I think it's good. Mw2 and BC2 smashed together.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dakan45

I think it's good. Mw2 and BC2 smashed together.

Nohtnym
LOL thats a perfect description, yet the smash seems to have damaged some of the aspects of each game....you know, it feels like the game is a bit busted.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Quick questions:

What modes are available? Is it just standard deathmatch fair or something?

Does it have a perk system?

Can you use any gun reguardless of what team your on?

GoodkupoBan

Currently we have team deathmatch and an assault mode, where the US forces have to blow up an objective to push the insurgent forces back to the next area. I don't think there are any perks. And the US and Insurgent forces each have different weapons available to them.

For some reason the resolution is stuck on 1024x768 anybody else having this problem, i wasted my damn jey on this version should have waited for xbox 360 version -_-.Sniping_Crowbar

Were you able to bring up the menu in game? I was like.. what the hell is going on here. But I pressed enter or double clicked or something, and it brought up a menu for different resolution options.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Looks incredibly mediocre on all counts. I'll stick to BC2, and MW2 whenever I get bored enough.
Avatar image for Sniping_Crowbar
Sniping_Crowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sniping_Crowbar
Member since 2010 • 369 Posts

[QUOTE="Sniping_Crowbar"]For some reason the resolution is stuck on 1024x768 anybody else having this problem, i wasted my damn jey on this version should have waited for xbox 360 version -_-.SF_KiLLaMaN

go to my documents>Medal of honor beta>settings and change it there.

Thank you very much good sir, Its kind of odd it does that o well problem solved.