This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchDuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchDuke1
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts
So, in ME1 (Steam Version) I can't get any cutscene sounds at all. This has been going on since I purchased the game a few years ago but you know now with ME3 and everything I installed it again. Not a real problem, but I noticed when ME1 was running, if I Alt-Tabbed out, the 2nd application I would be in had no sound at all. Again, strange, but closing ME fixed it. Now you ask? ME1 is the only app in my computer that has sound. Needless to say I need help. EDIT: I do get audio from cutscenes as in dialogue, but shooting and all that no-go. Also couldn't hear Sovereign in Virmire, or the explosions he triggered after, but dialogue was otherwise fine.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Make sure in your audio control panel you have your setup set to stereo not sorround sound. Cant think of anything else at the moment, maybe someone has a better idea. :) Hope it helps.

Jetset314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Jetset314
Member since 2011 • 234 Posts

If everything is good with your sound card, and audio set up you might want to start reinstalling. If only 1 program is messing up there is not much to check.

ArchDuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArchDuke1
Fixed, I can get sound everywhere in my PC now, besides ME1 cutscene non-dialogue sound that is. A Malware program found a Trojan in one of my Creative .dll so I reinstalled the drivers at it works now. Thank you.
ArchDuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchDuke1
I started ME1 again, and again I have no sound in my computer, except for League of Legends and Windows test sounds (well, League of Legends actual in-game sound, the client has no sound aswell).