Mass Effect saving

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

Firstly, I know heaps of people out there have the inability to save, they get an error.

Whether that has to do with being retail or pirated or not, I don't care.

I've been playing Mass Effect and I have autosave on, everytime I try to save in the pause menu, the save button is greyed out, so I don't really get a chance to save. And if I F6 to quicksave, it always says that I can't save at the moment.

The game DOES autosave though, it's just always 15 - 30 minutes behind where I'm at, is this normal? Are saves that far spread?

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Firstly, I know heaps of people out there have the inability to save, they get an error.

I've been playing Mass Effect and I have autosave on, everytime I try to save in the pause menu, the save button is greyed out, so I don't really get a chance to save. And if I F6 to quicksave, it always says that I can't save at the moment.

The game DOES autosave though, it's just always 15 - 30 minutes behind where I'm at, is this normal? Are saves that far spread?

ElectricNZ

We care.... pirate.

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Maybe it only has checkpoints.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

Johnny_Rock

We care.... pirate.

I don't think this has to do with him pirating, I think it has more to do with both pirates and retailors have been experiencing this.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

Johnny_Rock

We care.... pirate.

Learn to read. I don't get the error which others get with the "save bug". Instead of getting an error when I try to save, I just don't have the chance to save. I have one manual save about 2 hours into the game, but ever since then it has been Autosaving fine.

I'd just like to know if it's normal to have such infrequent checkpoints.

Go poke your self-righteous condescending nose elsewhere, Johnny_Rock.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

it was the same way on the 360, you can only save at certain times.

times mostly include:

on board the normandy

on a planet and no fighting is taking place

so, you have to kill everything if you want to save on a planet

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
The only time I can't save is if im in combat, this doesn't mean I have to be in the act of shooting, but in the presence of enemies. I can save other than that though, and the game is great so far, just for the record.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

it was the same way on the 360, you can only save at certain times.

times mostly include:

on board the normandy

on a planet and no fighting is taking place

so, you have to kill everything if you want to save on a planet

purple_MAN1832

Nope, they changed it for pc, they added a save/quicksave option.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Johnny_Rock
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

ElectricNZ

We care.... pirate.

Learn to read. I don't get the error which others get with the "save bug". Instead of getting an error when I try to save, I just don't have the chance to save. I have one manual save about 2 hours into the game, but ever since then it has been Autosaving fine.

Learn to buy your games, and not pirate them. This bug is known with PIRATED versions of the game. I see right through your lies. Anyone saying that they have this bug with a purchased version is a downright liar.

jackal912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jackal912
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

Johnny_Rock

We care.... pirate.

Learn to buy your games, and not pirate them. This bug is known with PIRATED versions of the game. I see right through your lies. Anyone saying that they have this bug with a purchased version is a downright liar.

You're a fool - it's common with pirated versions, (buggy crack) but not exclusive to them - :

proof : you NEED a cd key to post on this forum

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=632108&forum=127

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=631434&forum=127&sp=30

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=631730&forum=127 < --- douchebag here managed to fix the problem, but didn't do us the kindness of telling the rest of us how he did it!.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Johnny_Rock
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

jackal912

We care.... pirate.

You're a fool - it's common with pirated versions, (buggy crack) but not exclusive to them - :

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=631434&forum=127&sp=30

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=631730&forum=127 < --- douchebag here managed to fix the problem, but didn't do us the kindness of telling the rest of us how he did it!.

Peddle your wares elsewhere, pirate.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

Wow so many bugs. I think I will wait before purchasing Mass Effect. I am practically starved for a new RPG (Unil The Witcher Enhanced comes out).

TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts

Wow so many bugs. I think I will wait before purchasing Mass Effect. I am practically starved for a new RPG (Unil The Witcher Enhanced comes out).

the_ChEeSe_mAn2
i havent had a single bug yet.... and i like this more than the witcher.. a lot more it's totally worth it... but this is just my opinion, i have both games but never got very far in the witcher.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts
[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]

TheMistique

i havent had a single bug yet.... and i like this more than the witcher.. a lot more it's totally worth it... but this is just my opinion, i have both games but never got very far in the witcher.

Really, what settings are you running it on? You haven't had any problems with pixelated shadows/lighting? Thats the only problem i've had.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]

TheMistique

are you sure? why would you say that? the witcher was such a fantastic RPG and i'm planning to buy ME.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

I am not implying that ME is buggy :)

I am just stating that I am going to wait a bit until I make my purchase because I want to be sure that these kind of things won't detract from my enjoyment of ME.

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]

jackal912

We care.... pirate.

i didn't run into that problem, but i do know that you need to register your key to post on the masseffect forum, so it seems that this is a common problem if people on the forum are complaining about it.

ElectricNZ - i wouldn't bother arguing, if i were you; some guys are just jerks. hope you find the solution to your problem.

Sinotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sinotek
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts
Again, that issue is the crack. I tried it with the crack and with retail copy. The crack causes the galaxy map bug and the save bug.
itachi100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#20 itachi100
Member since 2007 • 1067 Posts

if people care about pirating so much, than why do people seem to support it with stuff like DRM and custom firmware (PSP)