Lost planet wont run on windows xp professional x64 based OS.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Legzdins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Legzdins
Member since 2005 • 569 Posts
I purchased Lost planet extreme condition today and putted it in my DVD drive setup started and then there was popup "The operating system is not adequate for running Lost planet extreme condition"..... and all..... I dont know what is wrong with windows xp professional x64 edition but capcom better try to fix it faster!!!! because I am getting mad about this.... I cant even play a game if my PC easelly passes recomended system requirements and on the box was written that it supports windows xp professional... and the worst part is that shopkeeper wont return me my money because he said "this is not our fault that your OSis not adequate for this game!!!".....................but if someone here knows the way how to run this game on x64 based system please post here and explain it to me step by step..... because I know that someone managed to run demo on x64 system and almost everyone used that way to play demo....
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Have you tried doing what whoever did to get the game running like they got the demo running? :)
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts

and the worst part is that shopkeeper wont return me my money because he said "this is not our fault that your OSis not adequate for this game!!!"Legzdins
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is in the "Games for Windows" campaign. That means the following:

2) Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions. Games for Windows titles that support controllers are also compatible with the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller for Windows, including the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. They even support widescreen resolutions and more.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/gamesForWindows.aspx

So you can go back and tell that shopkeeper to jam it. Your OS is adequate for the game, they just dont want to take it back.

Legzdins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legzdins
Member since 2005 • 569 Posts
Yes I will propably bring it back to that store.... but first I still want to know wether there is way to run it on my pc...... for demo everyone had to use program called orca to deleted list of supported OS... so that game thinks that everyone is supported but I am booting from cd so that is impossible and I cant locate that msi file where that list is stored that I should deletein the full version....
ImDrFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ImDrFreak
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts

yeah, see...

Nothing much runs on64 bit operating systems.