This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-628c283c122ae
deactivated-628c283c122ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-628c283c122ae
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

Is there ever going to be such a thing as kotor 3?

ive read heaps bout it but theres no solid evidence to base my opinion on that there is going to be a 3rd 1....so back to my main question:

Is there ever going to be such a thing as kotor 3?

(KOTOR: Knights of the Old Republic)

Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
hope so and i hope bioware develops it...but it obv wont be out till a long time after Mass Effect...2009-10?
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
Mass Effect is the spiritual successor of it. And as far as I know it's only coming to 360
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
There will be a kotor 3. That is pretty much the only info on it at the moment.
2Apunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2Apunisher
Member since 2005 • 250 Posts
KOTOR 1/2 some of the best games ever
swatbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swatbob88
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

TheNightmareBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheNightmareBG
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts
I hope they would make Kotor 3.Kotor 1/2 were the best RPG games,which are based on Star Wars,I ever played.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Best Star Wars games ever imho.
Hurvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hurvl
Member since 2005 • 2224 Posts
I've read a rumor about it in PC gamer, but they said themselves that it was just a rumor. If it is true, it will probably take 2 years from now until it's out. It actually should take two years until the game is out. I dont want them rushing it, like they did with KotOR 2. Good RPGs with good replay value should take some time to develop or it's bound to be flawed/shallow in some ways.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BounceDK
I've read a rumor about it in PC gamer, but they said themselves that it was just a rumor. If it is true, it will probably take 2 years from now until it's out. It actually should take two years until the game is out. I dont want them rushing it, like they did with KotOR 2. Good RPGs with good replay value should take some time to develop or it's bound to be flawed/shallow in some ways.Hurvl
Yep, you can't rush a game like kotor. Just look how ugly it turned out... I did enjoy it however, but the ending totally sucked. Thank god for the restoration project. When it's finished I'm gonna fire up kotor 2 once again.
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Before they make Kotor 3, I really think they should take the time to fix Kotor 2 and re-release it.
Hurvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hurvl

[QUOTE="Hurvl"]I've read a rumor about it in PC gamer, but they said themselves that it was just a rumor. If it is true, it will probably take 2 years from now until it's out. It actually should take two years until the game is out. I dont want them rushing it, like they did with KotOR 2. Good RPGs with good replay value should take some time to develop or it's bound to be flawed/shallow in some ways.BounceDK
Yep, you can't rush a game like kotor. Just look how ugly it turned out... I did enjoy it however, but the ending totally sucked. Thank god for the restoration project. When it's finished I'm gonna fire up kotor 2 once again.

My thoughts exactly! I also enjoyed KotOR 2, but it wasn't the same as KotOR 1 (in a less than good way). The whole mysterious, WTF-is-going-on scenario didn't do it for me. The first one felt more like the original Star Wars. It was still a good game, but KotOR 1 was a great game.

What's this about a restoration project? Is it a patch or something larger? 

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BounceDK
Take a look here http://www.team-gizka.org/
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts
Mass Effect is the spiritual successor of it. And as far as I know it's only coming to 360zayl99

Currently, perhaps - but I don't think Bioware has ever made a game that hasn't come to the PC.
It's almost certainly a timed exclusive.

Before they make Kotor 3, I really think they should take the time to fix Kotor 2 and re-release it.starwarsgeek112

They won't - if Lucasarts wanted the ending restored to it's original state, than there wouldn't be much room for a KOTOR 3 - just about everyone from KOTOR 2 would be dead.

Oh, and since we're on the topic, a second clip is out for the restoration project:
Trailer / Cutscene
Hurvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hurvl

Take a look here http://www.team-gizka.org/BounceDK

Nice! They sound very professional. They've even got the "It's done, when it's done" - attitude working. Just like the big companies.

I'll allow my self to quote KotOR, to further express my opinions about KotOR 2 and this mod:

"They say you've got alot of potential, but potential doesn't mean a thing if you can't deliver when it counts" said by the first person you encounter in KotOR 1 (can't remember his name). Might not be the exact words, but it's been a long time since I last played it.

Perhaps now KotOR 2 can make more use of said potential.   

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Hurvl"]I've read a rumor about it in PC gamer, but they said themselves that it was just a rumor. If it is true, it will probably take 2 years from now until it's out. It actually should take two years until the game is out. I dont want them rushing it, like they did with KotOR 2. Good RPGs with good replay value should take some time to develop or it's bound to be flawed/shallow in some ways.BounceDK

Thats why Obsidian should go down under.. They have made a complete mess of NWN2 by cutting numerous corners making it in alot of areas a downgrade from the first..  They seem to not have the balls to resist their products being rushed by their published, sense both of their games have been rushed in ludicrious time (KOTOR 2 6 to 8 months, NWN2 including complete engine 2 years)...

ALKATRAZ_ACAZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ALKATRAZ_ACAZ
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

When is the new KOTOR 2 ready i cant whait !!

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
KOTOR 1/2 some of the best games ever2Apunisher
well you're half right ;) 2 wasn't as good. the last half of 2 was totally rushed.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Mass Effect is essentially KOTOR 3.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

[QUOTE="2Apunisher"]KOTOR 1/2 some of the best games everOntain

well you're half right ;)
2 wasn't as good. the last half of 2 was totally rushed.

Worst. Ending. Ever. (In 2) =P

*Spoiler?* I've got multiple options at the end? Sweet! Wait, they all have the same ending? No! =P

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts

Medjai

Hmm, they said that "Though it's a first-person shooter, Prey is far from mindless." After that comment I don't know how trust-worthy that article is... (j/k) Anyway, Lucasarts did say that they will continue Kotor. But they've also said that they'll be concentrating more on the consoles, as an example of this the next Jedi game will be for all the consoles but not for PC. I just hope that when Kotor3 comes out I don't need to buy a console for it ..but if that's what it takes I propably will. That article also mentioned that Kotor3 will have a realtime combat system, I'm not sure if that's such a good thing IMO.
HitMan1263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HitMan1263
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i would have liked if you could load your character from kotor 1 to kotor 2 and continure like 5 years after the story left of
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts
...but the protagonist of KOTOR 2 isn't the same protagonist from KOTOR...
buljas_si_ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 buljas_si_ti
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Kotor 1/2 are my favorite games ever specialy 1 theres nothing like when darth malak reveals that you are revanHitMan1263

dude you ruined my game my favourite game off all times is KOTOR2, and planing to buy and play KOTOR1 now you ruined my game. 

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts
I am just suprised that there arent a huge amount of mods for the games, from new campaigns to weapons and armor.  There is so much material out there, and bioware's previous mod-support with NWN and NWN 2 led me to believe that KOTOR would be supported as well.
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

[QUOTE="HitMan1263"]Kotor 1/2 are my favorite games ever specialy 1 theres nothing like when darth malak reveals that you are revanbuljas_si_ti

dude you ruined my game my favourite game off all times is KOTOR2, and planing to buy and play KOTOR1 now you ruined my game. 

Dude that's just like when kids at school speculated with Darth Vader's "I am your father" at school, when Jedi was about to hit the screen. Even if it spoiled your experience, you're in for quite a ride with KOTOR 1.

HK 47 will make sure of that!

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

Buljas, I feel your pain. I ruined the ending of KOTOR for a friend of mine, he saw one of the last cut-scenes when he visited me, I should have warned him... Damn, I still feel bad about that one, it's the best story in a game ever (imo).

And yeah, I hope Bioware makes K3, but that is not likely to happen. Mass Effect is going to be a trilogy, so Obsidian is probably going to crap all over this franchise again.