Keyboard/Mouse on the couch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
Who else uses a wireless keyboard an mouse on the couch? I usually keep the keyboard on my lap and mouse/pad on hard booklet.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I have been doing it for years.  I have a sofa chair with big cushy armrests, so the mouse works wonderfully on those.  The kb is usually on my lap.  Once I moved my rig from my desk to the living room and connected it with my home theater system, I never went back.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danten81
Did you increase the dpi, or use Windows Magnifier? Edit: I played Far Cry 3 like this, over DS3 pad, just mapped the gas/brake to left/right mouse buttons and got the hang of driving--even won all the races.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Qixote

My tv is 52", so I did have to experiment with different dpi before settling on a setting I liked best.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danten81
That size TV, coupled with native resolution, must make it for an incredible experience.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Qixote

Depends on the game.  Skyrim for example was awesome on it.  But some other games were neither more or less of a good experience, just bigger basically. But browsing the internet on it is always better.  Especially when streaming movies and shows.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I started doing that in 2009 when my HD TV became my primary monitor. One difference, though is I used wired accessories and a long dvi to hdmi cable to run over to the tv. Wired saved any kind of lag or interference I might have gotten from wireless.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I tend to watch movies and TV shows on my home entertainment system that interfaces with a Logitech Harmony remote. I have my gaming setup on a desk that sits in front of an ergonomic chair. I'm using the BenQ XL2420T high performance gaming monitor that offers almost no input lag with less than 2ms response time, 12M:1 DCR for an ultra-clear picture, and a 144Hz refresh rate which enables high framerates. It's flicker-free to reduce eye strain after long gaming sessions, and it covers a much wider field of view because I'm sitting closer to it.
danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danten81
I tend to watch movies and TV shows on my home entertainment system that interfaces with a Logitech Harmony remote. I have my gaming setup on a desk that sits in front of an ergonomic chair. I'm using the BenQ XL2420T high performance gaming monitor that offers almost no input lag with less than 2ms response time, 12M:1 DCR for an ultra-clear picture, and a 144Hz refresh rate which enables high framerates. It's flicker-free to reduce eye strain after long gaming sessions, and it covers a much wider field of view because I'm sitting closer to it.SKaREO
I switch around a lot. On my monitor I feel more in control, like I'm at my battle station. The couch is for that spectacle, plus I have to take advantage of the HTPC/bluray.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I use a trackball in games that don't require me to control a camera with the cursor, so that works great on the couch. I also use a Logitech F510 for a lot of games. The gaming mouse is mostly for strategy games, FPS/TPS, and 3D RPGs.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

I've been doing it for awhile. Ever since I moved I haven't had the room to have a computer monitor and a TV. So I'm just using the 42" as a monitor. Its been working rather well for me.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I have my setup like that lol, using a small table. 

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Sometimes I have the keyboard on the lap and glide the mouse over the couch fabric when I'm on the Windows desktop. When I'm gaming, I use a TV tray:

master:WI120.jpg?is=360,360,0xffffff

I also have a futon in my den. Sometimes I use the desk. Sometimes I lounge on the futon and use a TV tray for mouse n keyboard.

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

I've done this for years, got myself a EKORNES Stressless chair recently so I've been moving my ass from the couch and into that, comes with a wooden table for my mouse.