Just Finished Batman AA and....

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

Oh my, what a game WHAT A GAME!!

I still cannot believe how this game got only a 9 here at gs, it should ve gotten atleast a 9.5 ATLEAST!!!

Awesome game allaround, great story, great graphics, awesome characters woah i seriously cannot wait til Batman AA 2.

Have you guys play it? if you havent bought this game yet get it NOW, seriously is one of those epic sp experiences that you are going to remenber for a long time.

GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts

Finished it on PS3, 100% :) Amazing game, loved every second of it.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I got it and finished it the day it came out, it was that good I didn't have a break while playing :P

I hope Batman AA2 will be longer and have more features.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Yea, one of the better games I have played. You really do feel like batman the way you take down enemys, This game to me is a 10/10 more so then gta4 or mgs4.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34782 Posts

It was awesomesauce.

[spoiler] The last battle with Joker was pretty weak, though.. I wanted to fight that bastard. Not.. more thugs. [/spoiler]

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
It was Valve-like what Rocksteady did with that game. Thats the highest compliment I can give. No one really gave it a chance before it came out. I was a little bit surprised it didn't get 9.5 here on Gamespot. Yet they gave GOTY to something that only got 8.5. It wasn't quite the fairytale finish that AA deserved last year.
Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Agreed... awesome game. I'm thinking of going back through it. It's been a while since i've played it!

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
I liked it a lot too.
theG_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theG_man
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts
im going to get it when the GOTY ed comes out, is fine to with mouse ad key board or do i need a game pad ???
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

It got 9 because the combat was a bit dull, and it was missing epic moments. It really didnt feel worth $50 to me, just another above average game. I got the same feeling that I got from bioshock, where the more I played it the less interested I was in it until it just ended.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kevy619
It was Valve-like what Rocksteady did with that game. Thats the highest compliment I can give. No one really gave it a chance before it came out. I was a little bit surprised it didn't get 9.5 here on Gamespot. Yet they gave GOTY to something that only got 8.5. It wasn't quite the fairytale finish that AA deserved last year. biggest_loser
well i dont think its anywhere near valve quality, but alot better than I expected.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

To bad that Batman AA 2 wont be released on PC...

GamerLauri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerLauri
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts
i like it a lot.
Sta1k4r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Sta1k4r
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
Batman AA is Awesome and I agree that it should at least get 9.5. I disagree with the combat- I think even though you only press one button to attack the variety of moves is epic. AA2 will be awesome but will it be longer and have more variety of options- Going into A diner for takeout anyone? But the story will probably be the best thing about Batman: Arkham Asylum 2
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

Awesome game.

[spoiler] Like others have said, I too was disappointed by the final boss. [/spoiler]

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

rhazzy
lol it's coming for PC
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

kevy619
it is coming on pc fool, although I think the game should be just left alone. There shouldn't be a sequel for atleast a few years, I hate what publishers are doing lately.

yeah. It should take atleast 2 to 3 years for a full sequel.Assassin creed is the only game that deserved to be called as full sequel. All others just look likes an expansion
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

It got 9 because the combat was a bit dull, and it was missing epic moments. It really didnt feel worth $50 to me, just another above average game. I got the same feeling that I got from bioshock, where the more I played it the less interested I was in it until it just ended.

kevy619

:? The combat was furiously intense to watch and furiously interactive. How was the combat dull?

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kevy619

[QUOTE="kevy619"]

1carus

:? The combat was furiously intense to watch and furiously interactive. How was the combat dull?

Because it was just button mashing, then batman beat up the baddies in slow motion. It was cool for a bit, then it just got tiresome.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Yeah amazing game and amazingly good in all perspectives, gameplay, polish, graphics, level design.

SPOILERS, nothing story based, just tell you which boss fight you gottta finish till you are very close to the end:

However i got to admit that after you kill poison ivy the game starts to lose quality and its a complete rush to the end with a cheap bossfights and an ending. A major improvement for the sequel will be more challenging bossfights that require the player to do more in order to fight. Also not making something like that "thing" in the 3rd scarecrow encounter. That gave me a hard attack :shock:

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It is a pretty good game. Though amazing it is not. I am not a big Batman fan anyways.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Was a fantastic game. Finished it on the PS3, sold my copy and re bought it for the PC. Looking forward to playing through it again with all the fancy physx and visuals.
Avatar image for deactivated-5926b7362eeb7
deactivated-5926b7362eeb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5926b7362eeb7
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts
im going to get it when the GOTY ed comes out, is fine to with mouse ad key board or do i need a game pad ???theG_man
Its actually rather nice with KB/M, I got a controller as well and while both methods work nice in the game, I felt more in control with KB/M, since you basically have better vision, and can look around easier even in the midst of combat (in fact, especially in the midst of combat.)
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
im going to get it when the GOTY ed comes out, is fine to with mouse ad key board or do i need a game pad ???theG_man
It was ok with k/m but if you could get a gamepad go for it
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="theG_man"]im going to get it when the GOTY ed comes out, is fine to with mouse ad key board or do i need a game pad ???Solid_Tango

Im suprised more pc gamers dont have a 360 controller, I got mine at a pawn shop for 15 bucks, games like this, geows and other console ports play alot better with them. I use kbm for fps, alto masseffect 2 was great with the kbm/ geows was not. Varies on the game, everyone should have one just in case epecially for windows games.
gohan2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gohan2710
Member since 2005 • 4315 Posts
I loved the game, but the killercroc and joker fight left alot to be desired. The game is amazing though, i got 100% on it as well :D
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

It is about as close to perfect as a game can get imo.

-Polished
-Excellent story
-Best voiceacting in a game EVER
-Good visuals
-The way they incorporated all of Batman's moves and abilities and equipment so seamlessly was no small feat
-Level design was varied and beautiful

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

A good game (7.5) with strong production values though its major faults were the fact that you have to play in Detective Mode for almost the entire game, combat was flashy but feels restricted, the story is a joke, the boss battles could have been done much better (Killer Croc, Joker being the main culprits) and the fact that each boss needed a "hit weak point 3 times" to kill.The game was also short. I finished the game in 12 hours with 184 riddles solved so I'd imagine the time required would drop significantly had I not done any riddles/checked for trophies/reels etc.

The scare crow fights and cutscenes were amazing though. I really freaked out when the game showed me a garbled and glitched scene in one of Scare Crow's cutscenes. I thought my PC crashed :P And the Riddler's final phone call is funny as hell.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Definitely an awesome game. Didn't know a superhero game would be one of my favorite games this gen. :P CANNOT wait for AA2. :)
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
I really freaked out when the game showed me a garbled and glitched scene in one of Scare Crow's cutscenes. I thought my PC crashed :P fend_oblivion
Yeah, I was playing it on my 360 and I thought I got RROD! :P
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"][QUOTE="theG_man"]im going to get it when the GOTY ed comes out, is fine to with mouse ad key board or do i need a game pad ???Advid-Gamer

Im suprised more pc gamers dont have a 360 controller, I got mine at a pawn shop for 15 bucks, games like this, geows and other console ports play alot better with them. I use kbm for fps, alto masseffect 2 was great with the kbm/ geows was not. Varies on the game, everyone should have one just in case epecially for windows games.

well i have a logitech PS3 controller type for my pc, and it was only $10 new.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Was quite a good game, 9 is fine
welroon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 welroon
Member since 2002 • 297 Posts

rhazzy
Say what? You've got to be kidding!!
Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

Yeah, it's a near perfect game.:) The only complaint that I have is that the ending felt a little rushed.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

I was disappointed with the combat in my demo playthrough. Over the years I played various third person combat games(Including superhero games such as Spiderman and older Batman games ect.), in a fair short amount of time it felt as if I had already played this. In addition, the combat was too simplified and easy.

Please, bring Ninja Gaiden to the PC platform.

Carminesqueez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Carminesqueez
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115763&cm_re=acer_aspire-_-34-115-763-_-Product

on that link is my laptop. can someone let me know if i can max out batman AA with it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

I was disappointed with the combat in my demo playthrough. Over the years I played various third person combat games(Including superhero games such as Spiderman and older Batman games ect.), in a fair short amount of time it felt as if I had already played this. In addition, the combat was too simplified and easy.

OoSuperMarioO

I agree, more complexity would be welcome

but Batman did all right on its own imo.

mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts
I EFFING LOVED BATMAN AA. BUT DAMN, that one part where the screen gets all glitchy!!! That ish freaked me out. I actually shut off my computer immediately cuz I thought my GPUs were artifacting.
gohan2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gohan2710
Member since 2005 • 4315 Posts

OoSuperMarioO

Batman`s gameplay was flawless and it felt right. I wouldnt want to see batman`s gameplay turned into a hack and slash.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45
I EFFING LOVED BATMAN AA. BUT DAMN, that one part where the screen gets all glitchy!!! That ish freaked me out. I actually shut off my computer immediately cuz I thought my GPUs were artifacting.mr-sheep
i think we can all agree that part almost gave us a heart attack. Seriously dont pull staff like that in Batman AA 2. PS: why arkham asylum again? Cant they call it something else, or make it take place somewhere else?
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="mr-sheep"]I EFFING LOVED BATMAN AA. BUT DAMN, that one part where the screen gets all glitchy!!! That ish freaked me out. I actually shut off my computer immediately cuz I thought my GPUs were artifacting.dakan45
i think we can all agree that part almost gave us a heart attack. Seriously dont pull staff like that in Batman AA 2. PS: why arkham asylum again? Cant they call it something else, or make it take place somewhere else?

I thought it was to be set in Gotham this time around. Anyone else felt that Joker's maskara felt a bit...lame? Like a poor copy of Heath Ledger's makeup?

Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
I have NEVER seen such fluid and amazing combat animations. My god, they were so satisfying to watch and made you feel like a bad @ss!
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kevy619

A good game (7.5) with strong production values though its major faults were the fact that you have to play in Detective Mode for almost the entire game, combat was flashy but feels restricted, the story is a joke, the boss battles could have been done much better (Killer Croc, Joker being the main culprits) and the fact that each boss needed a "hit weak point 3 times" to kill.The game was also short. I finished the game in 12 hours with 184 riddles solved so I'd imagine the time required would drop significantly had I not done any riddles/checked for trophies/reels etc.

The scare crow fights and cutscenes were amazing though. I really freaked out when the game showed me a garbled and glitched scene in one of Scare Crow's cutscenes. I thought my PC crashed :P And the Riddler's final phone call is funny as hell.

fend_oblivion
Same way I felt, nice that someboady felt the same way.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kevy619

OoSuperMarioO
omg, if ninja gaiden made it to pc I would flip out. And I agree, the combat in batman was its huge major fault.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="mr-sheep"]I EFFING LOVED BATMAN AA. BUT DAMN, that one part where the screen gets all glitchy!!! That ish freaked me out. I actually shut off my computer immediately cuz I thought my GPUs were artifacting.fend_oblivion

I thought it was to be set in Gotham this time around. Anyone else felt that Joker's maskara felt a bit...lame? Like a poor copy of Heath Ledger's makeup?

If it is in gotham then ok. To be honest i found joker and the whole game to be alot like the movie. I just did not get that comic feeling because i am not into comics.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kevy619

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

gohan2710

Batman`s gameplay was flawless and it felt right. I wouldnt want to see batman`s gameplay turned into a hack and slash.

It was basic and pretty much a button masher beat em up, which some refer to as a hack & slash. Sure batman had some stealth elements to make the game bearable, but ninja gaiden is no more a hack & slash than batman. If the next batman has combat that is more like ninja gaiden or atleast engages the payer to the same level it will be 100 times better. This is more or less my problem with many new games, especially console based ones... the gameplay just feels more and more restricted as we get more cutscenes and more flash.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45
The gameplay of batman was pretty simple. Yeah i agree the combat was pretty simple and it could use some more deep combos and dodge attacks. Also the bosses felt, very generic in how you fight them. They could make bossfights more engagning.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fend_oblivion

The gameplay of batman was pretty simple. Yeah i agree the combat was pretty simple and it could use some more deep combos and dodge attacks. Also the bosses felt, very generic in how you fight them. They could make bossfights more engagning.dakan45

They need to revamp the system. It has very few combo moves to pull off and the combat feels a little too much like ballet. They should do it like in TDK where Batman fights brutal and fast. And they need to change the animations when an enemy is beaten. Grabbing the head after being punched in the gut is strange :P

And I agree, the combat in batman was its huge major fault.kevy619

Thought the combat was simplistic and needs to be revamped, I think the major fault of Batman AA was its story and the fact that you had to play in detective mode for almost the entire game. The game looks gorgeous so it's a shame to not see much of the graphics :(

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kevy619

[QUOTE="dakan45"]The gameplay of batman was pretty simple. Yeah i agree the combat was pretty simple and it could use some more deep combos and dodge attacks. Also the bosses felt, very generic in how you fight them. They could make bossfights more engagning.fend_oblivion

They need to revamp the system. It has very few combo moves to pull off and the combat feels a little too much like ballet. They should do it like in TDK where Batman fights brutal and fast. And they need to change the animations when an enemy is beaten. Grabbing the head after being punched in the gut is strange :P

And I agree, the combat in batman was its huge major fault.kevy619

Thought the combat was simplistic and needs to be revamped, I think the major fault of Batman AA was its story and the fact that you had to play in detective mode for almost the entire game. The game looks gorgeous so it's a shame to not see much of the graphics :(

They should ditch the ue3, the engine is just so limited. I really feel like the ue3 engine holds games back, its got pretty textures and neat bump mapping but is limited in every other aspect. Its so stiff and plastic feeling.