Jack Thompson attacks Halo 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
I can't believe he's doing this.  This guy is an idiot.
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32162/98/
BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts
everyone knows that using two thumbstick to aim a sniper rifle that isnt affected by wind or distance, is exactly like firing the real thing... duhhh dude.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

Wow, what a moron! The game doesn't even have blood or gore, the worst it deserves is a Teen rating. It's jacka$$es like this guy that stirs up the public against video games with hearsay and lies.

Edit: Removed potentially inflammatory comment.

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
He just bit off more than he can chew.
BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenTheJamin
but seriously im sick of all these people attacking video games for their violence, if parents dont want their kids playing it then heres an idea... PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS LIFE AND MAKE SURE HES NOT PLAYING THEM! dont use video games as an excuse (columbine) when your kids goes on a rampage at school because you shove money in his face and never talk to him. I personally have a great relationship with my rents, thats not what im ranting about, its these people that get on their high pedestals and accuse video gaming of causing people to kill in real life. me and my friends all play the most violent video games there are and where the happiest bunch of seniors at my high school.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
halo is a big game, he goes for popular games because he gets more attention.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unstoppable_1

halo is a big game, he goes for popular games because he gets more attention.nutcrackr

One day Jack Thompson will be ignored. =D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58348 Posts

halo is a big game, he goes for popular games because he gets more attention.nutcrackr

Ya, he is an attention mongerer.  He attacks the biggest video games, the biggest poltiicians (Janet Reno, etc) and other things.

I just dont understand how this guy keeps getting a pedastal to stand up on and speak from!  Nobody respects him, from politicians to the legal system.  He is even too crazy for the more reasonable of the anti-video game violence crowd.  WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING PUBLICITY!?!?

BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenTheJamin

I just sent this email to Jack Thompson's support group or w.e. :

Its a common know fact that using two thumbsticks to aim a cursor on a tv where a bullet is not affected by wind nor distance, is exactly what it is like to fire a weapon in the real world. I am glad you are making your stand against video games, because no one actually has mental problems, its all video games fault. If it weren't for video games, people wouldnt know what murder was. Parents should not have to watch out for their own kids! That is a ridiculous idea! The rest of the world should make sure little Jimmy isnt getting his hands on Gradnt Theft Auto, Jimmy's mommy has to go to yoga class you know! Adults that can see and play what they want to should be punished becasue Mommy is just too busy for Jimmy. And of course teenagers. If we eliminate video games, surely there would be no more teen angst! I mean your generation didnt rebel in it's teenage years, it was perfect and respected it's parents. Teenagers dont have real problems, they just play too many video games. Thank you again Jack Thompson for having nothing better to do than try and destroy something other people love.

Sincerely,
A Devoted Follower

Blackstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackstaff
Member since 2003 • 394 Posts

He won't get any further with this then he has with -ANY- other game. Besides if he does anything the rabid fanbase will annihilate him, it's best to ignore him and let him FINALLY fade away into the nothingness he deserves

Note: I also feel like I should mention that you should NEVER attack Microsoft, they will CRUSH Thompson like a cockroach 

zer0sil3nce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 zer0sil3nce
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
lol i wonder what microsoft is going to do.
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
hahah so funny benjamin
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

lol i wonder what microsoft is going to do.zer0sil3nce

COunter lawsuit I hope.  The sentence: a lifetime in an iron mask!  Long live the Dauphin!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

lol i wonder what microsoft is going to do.zer0sil3nce

Nothing he is an complete idiot.  The prior two Halo games were both mature, so what ever he is trying to say is completely redundent..    Secondly, wtf does Microsoft have anything to do if it is sold to minors? Its the vendors responsibility and they ALREADY get fined for that. Thirdly, every piece of evidence has been refuted showing that people are some how trained on these simulators for the real world things.  From Counter Strike to people blaming Flight Simulator for training terrorist, are people this stupid?  In the end all he is doing is causing drama trying to make people second guess things that are accepted as actuality. 

So in this he stated the odvious, the redudent, and the irrelevent.  I can only laugh at the amount of times this guy is thrown out of court due to his cases violating our Constiution or based solely on speculation.  This man is a horrible extremists that gives issues a bad name, regardless of what issue he is going after.

Livebythesword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Livebythesword
Member since 2003 • 714 Posts

Someone smack this guy and tell him its up to the parents to control the kids... Jesus I am sick of these stupid rules and regulations on gaming... step off jackieee boyy.

P.S. No way that sniper trained on Halo... maybe he played halo... but that's stretching it. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="zer0sil3nce"]lol i wonder what microsoft is going to do.mrbojangles25

COunter lawsuit I hope.  The sentence: a lifetime in an iron mask!  Long live the Dauphin!

Its a empty threat, he would be hereby going against one of the most richest and powerful businesses out there on a flimsy accusation that doesn't fit in Microsofts responsibility to begin with.

Cray_Dharker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cray_Dharker
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

Well, I don't get it... How can you file a lawsuit against someone, who's already doing the thing you're sueing them for?

And is anyone else annoyed Halo 2 is only gonna be on Vista? -.-

Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
that guy gets my goat.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
No one listens to Jack Thompson anymore.  He's a lost cause. Even to the people he is
"protecting".
jackieS1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jackieS1212
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts
why is this topic on the pc forum? ms wont release this game for pc cause halo 2 vista is failed. even if they do release it, it will be like 2010!! lol
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts

but seriously im sick of all these people attacking video games for their violence, if parents dont want their kids playing it then heres an idea... PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS LIFE AND MAKE SURE HES NOT PLAYING THEM! dont use video games as an excuse (columbine) when your kids goes on a rampage at school because you shove money in his face and never talk to him. I personally have a great relationship with my rents, thats not what im ranting about, its these people that get on their high pedestals and accuse video gaming of causing people to kill in real life. me and my friends all play the most violent video games there are and where the happiest bunch of seniors at my high school.BenTheJamin

Exacly, it's each parents decision not some guy that hates videogames. 

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
The only way to get good with real weapons is to practice with real weapons. Anyone who has ever held a gun will tell you that.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
And if JT is so concerned why doesn't he launch an investigation into what retailers are selling M games to minors. Instead of harrassing the developers that don't ever see the point of sale where JT claims the problem is.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
I almost feel sorry for him. He must be mentally retarded or something.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
we should stop giving him attention...
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
Indeed.
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts

He just bit off more than he can chew.Unstoppable_1

True if he annoys Microsoft enough, it will be hell for Jack. 

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrbojangles25

And if JT is so concerned why doesn't he launch an investigation into what retailers are selling M games to minors. Instead of harrassing the developers that don't ever see the point of sale where JT claims the problem is.brianpoetzel

Ya, last time I checked this is America (well, where JT is lobbying at least) and using the court system to try and censor what people can say is a gross violation of pretty much everything your average American holds dear.

You want to give parents a hard time or a retailer a hard time for selling improper products to children, fine!  But dont try and force developers to censor stuff, it is our choice to buy what we want and it should stay that way.  And if there is a demand for such a product, then it is the developer's right to make a product to satisfy that demand.

If we had JT's way we wouldnt be able to have the Confederate flag or gore in games (as distasteful as it is) just like the Germans cant have Nazi material in their games or excessive violence.  Its just not right, and it sure as hell didnt stop school shootings in that country.

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/11/21/will-german-school-shooting-prompt-call-for-violent-game-regulation/

Also, all of these games would be banned and more if we had his way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_computer_and_video_games
http://www.cybercafe-software.com/indexlist.html

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Unstoppable_1

[QUOTE="Unstoppable_1"]He just bit off more than he can chew.Drizzt13

He already has annoyed many companies. I believe Take-tow is suieng him. Prob is he don't have much money, I think. 

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="Drizzt13"]

[QUOTE="Unstoppable_1"]He just bit off more than he can chew.Unstoppable_1

He already has annoyed many companies. I believe Take-tow is suieng him. Prob is he don't have much money, I think. 

Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

:3 

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20051012 

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

:3

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20051012

Mithrandir0x

lol! I remember that. The greatest slap in the face to that guy though was when Mike and Jerry of Penny Arcade went and donated all that money to charity in Jack Thompson's name. I laugh just thinking about it. Oh boy, it was too good. 

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
This guy is just a blow hard.  He is going after the big name games in order to shock people and get attention.  In all honesty Microsoft should thank him for the added free publicity.  Jack Thompson is just like any of those clueless ultra conservative people out there.  Don't get me wrong...I am an Independent Conservative myself, but this man has gone too far.  We need to make the line a little easier to see so that guys like Jack doesn't cross them.
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
Good ol Jack.. Up to his old and stupid tricks agen.