It's Over , Goodbye Pc gaming.How do i love a console now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maden2004
Member since 2004 • 688 Posts

Well i am writing right after reach the usual morning read a developer trashing the pc. So the current developers that i can think of that have trashed the pc so far.

Fable (developer)

EA ( just said they don't want to develope hard core game for the pc... no bf 3)

epic games

lucasarts

bah i can't think of anymore but there are alot more. Seriously now that EA just closed the doors on the pc idk what i am going to do . I dont except any big titles to come to the pc.Where is pc gaming alliance? Where is microsoft?(they just had event and didnt mention the pc -- thats cool) IDk how big a hardcore pc gamer i am . Ill explain a bit about myself.

I started pc gaming in Grade 7 which i get my first sony vaio 1.2 ghz celeron with integrated card which i upgraded to ati 128 mb 9200 se. I upgraded so i could use the level editor in dungeon siege (the first game that got my into pc gaming and addicted for a very long time) Then i play cod etc etc. Now i have sager 2090 (1400 noteboo) which i do most of my gaming on. I am competive cod 4 player trying to become a pro. I play tf 2, lineage 2. yeah i played pretty every pc game. all the bf sereis, all the hl sereies any game pretty much that good to me i tried it. I am the guy who will put a console down and really show laugh at it. A troll maybe but usually the pc is suprerior in everyway so i just feel like im showing them the facts.

Me on Piracy. I think i have helped killing the pc gaming because when i was in grade 8ish i learned about torrents and then torrneted games ( had people get me leigt cd keys in my clans) till grade 12 when i rather just get paid game becuase it really good and i want it from day 1 either to be really good at it or just because its awesome.

I acutally see nothing coming to the pc after couple good titles come out that have been in developement for somtime already so they won't cancel them but for new titles i don't think anything will come our ways. I was plannning on waiting for a new halem processor to come out and the 4800 from ati to build my computer but i dont think i will be doing that anymore. I acutally don't know what do since i have spent so much of my past 8 years being pc gamer and being addicted to it.

My options are -.

1. Get console (ps3)

2. Stop gaming

3. Keep this laptop and just game on watered version of everything

4. Go make hitlist with each developer on it and have personal converstation with them.

We only have stardock , steam that develop pc titles. I don't like rts so no stardock for me. Steam only game i like from them alot is tf2.

WHAT DO WE DO? WHY IS THIS ALL HAPPENING? WHY WON'T MICROSOFT DO ANYTHING? WHERE IS PC GAMING ALLIANCE? WHERE IS JESUS?

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
We still have Valve, Relic and Blizzard. Surely that counts for something.
Browse the Steam store. You're bound to find some more games you like.
maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 maden2004
relic rts company of heroes good game. Blizard makes gaycraft and im sure there next game will be on console lolz. Huge part of my gaming is fps and i just won't have them and why would spend like 1500 bucks on the top of the line pc when i have i am getting 1/4 of the game of what i should be getting? No point to spend 1500 on beast of a pc anymore. Might as well walk into walmart buy a pc drop 50 bucks on vga and put in a card lolz.
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts
PC gaming isnt going anywhere. Once digital distribution becomes more of a viable option, more developers will start developing for PC again. Then they wont be able to use piracy as an excuse as to why their derivative me-too games arent selling as well as they had hoped.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
Why a PS3? I currently own a laptop and that's what I do most of my gaming with (also own a DS), and am comsidering whether getting a desktop (quadcore and 8800GT) or a 360, which I personally consider the cheapest way to have access to the games I would like to play on the PC... but why PS3?
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts

You can still do PC gaming, I don't get what you mean.

You just have fewer exclusives.

If you really believe having games on consoles simultaneously is ruining gaming for the PC then you really need to think about getting off your elitist high horse.

Games sell better on consoles; developers need money to subsist and make more games. Why don't people understand this.

abephroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 abephroman
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

Get a PS3 and a Wii. PC is still good but I got both of those b/c there are too many exclusives tostick to PC alone. I'm not saying go spend 600 bucks tonight, but eventually it will be worth it. No more having to write threads like this one!

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

your Posts seem to leak of BS.....first of all....Blizzards next game has been confirmed as a PC exclusive.

BF3 has bassiclly been confirmed by PC Gamer....and As for EA leaving the PC :lol: some of their biggest games this year are PC exclusive (Spore, Warhammer online) :lol:

Im sorry, but your post was just dumb.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

What year did you get the 9200se?

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
i play rts games. and i dont think there going anywhere. so im not worried
Lowm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lowm
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

BF3 has bassiclly been confirmed by PC Gamer

cobrax75

Wow just found out about that, that's awesome.

Di0nysus80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Di0nysus80
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

Sources would be nice, I haven't read anywhere that EA is shutting down PC. In fact they just stated how they believe PC is growing. http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52689

Lucas arts still doing pc http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52641

I find your post a bit dramatic, ranty and without any bases for your conclusions. Maybe take a seditive or something.

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
FFS stop being so dramatic. The only thing that seems to be approaching its demise here is your faith in PC gaming. I suggest you find it again
djexertive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 djexertive
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
PCs will always have a genre that console games wont ever have:MMORPGs. The reason consoles cant really have MMOs is because consoles dont have keyboards. World of Warcraft is in a leage of its own when it comes to online population. I've got Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3, but i still play WoW quite a bit.
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

I acutally see nothing coming to the pc after couple good titles come out that have been in developement for somtime already somaden2004

Project Origin

Far Cry 2

Left 4 Dead

HL 2 Episode 3

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway

Borderlands

Rage

Mirror's Edge

White Gold

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky

Doom 4

Alan Wake

Alone in the Dark

Almost definitely GTA4, and it will be the definitive version of the game

Spore

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Sam and Max Season 2

A Vampyre Story

Empire Total War

Dawn of War 2

StarCraft 2

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

Fallout 3

The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Just a few off the top of my head.

Di0nysus80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Di0nysus80

PCs will always have a genre that console games wont ever have:MMORPGs. The reason consoles cant really have MMOs is because consoles dont have keyboards. World of Warcraft is in a leage of its own when it comes to online population. I've got Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3, but i still play WoW quite a bit.djexertive

I don't think that's the best argument for pc gaming. Consoles are coming out with keyboards now. Also consoles have MMORPG's as well.

I like how you can constantly upgrade your pc, with consoles you have to wait for the next system. PC games will always be pushing the envelope of graphics and gameplay.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
I can almost guarantee you this guy has been pirating for almost his whole PC gaming lifetime.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

your Posts seem to leak of BS.....first of all....Blizzards next game has been confirmed as a PC exclusive.

BF3 has bassiclly been confirmed by PC Gamer....and As for EA leaving the PC :lol: some of their biggest games this year are PC exclusive (Spore, Warhammer online) :lol:

cobrax75

Like he said ;) + Steam deoesn't make games so it realy shows how much you know about game devs :|. I will post tomorrow more than 20 devs that make good games for PC because it's 9:32 PM here :) and it's been a long day.

Stargay?...umm...ok, go console you don't have anything to do with PC. Why only starcraft? find some other good games to trash like Diablo, DoW, Red Alert, come on you can do better don't be shy ;).

Like Cobrax75 said, a lot of BS.

j0k3r_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 j0k3r_76
Member since 2005 • 661 Posts
I recently gave up on PC gaming, got an Xbox 360 and i'm very happy with it..
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

cobrax75

I agree with what you said, but spore is not a PC exclusive, (Wii)

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts

I recently gave up on PC gaming, got an Xbox 360 and i'm very happy with it..j0k3r_76

im the total opposite. im just getting into pcgaming.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

gamerguy845

I agree with what you said, but spore is not a PC exclusive, (Wii)

the Wii version of Spore is completly different from the PC version....they have said its more similar to the DS version than the PC version...and the DS version and PC versions have no resemblence to each other at all

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

Well i am writing right after reach the usual morning read a developer trashing the pc. So the current developers that i can think of that have trashed the pc so far.

Fable (developer)

EA ( just said they don't want to develope hard core game for the pc... no bf 3)

epic games

lucasarts

bah i can't think of anymore but there are alot more. Seriously now that EA just closed the doors on the pc idk what i am going to do . I dont except any big titles to come to the pc.Where is pc gaming alliance? Where is microsoft?(they just had event and didnt mention the pc -- thats cool) IDk how big a hardcore pc gamer i am . Ill explain a bit about myself.

I started pc gaming in Grade 7 which i get my first sony vaio 1.2 ghz celeron with integrated card which i upgraded to ati 128 mb 9200 se. I upgraded so i could use the level editor in dungeon siege (the first game that got my into pc gaming and addicted for a very long time) Then i play cod etc etc. Now i have sager 2090 (1400 noteboo) which i do most of my gaming on. I am competive cod 4 player trying to become a pro. I play tf 2, lineage 2. yeah i played pretty every pc game. all the bf sereis, all the hl sereies any game pretty much that good to me i tried it. I am the guy who will put a console down and really show laugh at it. A troll maybe but usually the pc is suprerior in everyway so i just feel like im showing them the facts.

Me on Piracy. I think i have helped killing the pc gaming because when i was in grade 8ish i learned about torrents and then torrneted games ( had people get me leigt cd keys in my clans) till grade 12 when i rather just get paid game becuase it really good and i want it from day 1 either to be really good at it or just because its awesome.

I acutally see nothing coming to the pc after couple good titles come out that have been in developement for somtime already so they won't cancel them but for new titles i don't think anything will come our ways. I was plannning on waiting for a new halem processor to come out and the 4800 from ati to build my computer but i dont think i will be doing that anymore. I acutally don't know what do since i have spent so much of my past 8 years being pc gamer and being addicted to it.

My options are -.

1. Get console (ps3)

2. Stop gaming

3. Keep this laptop and just game on watered version of everything

4. Go make hitlist with each developer on it and have personal converstation with them.

We only have stardock , steam that develop pc titles. I don't like rts so no stardock for me. Steam only game i like from them alot is tf2.

WHAT DO WE DO? WHY IS THIS ALL HAPPENING? WHY WON'T MICROSOFT DO ANYTHING? WHERE IS PC GAMING ALLIANCE? WHERE IS JESUS?

maden2004

what...ea its not stupid to not cash in one of the most played franchise on pc...BTW heres this

bit-tech.net has a nice interview with Ben Cousins, the executive producer of the whole Battlefield franchise. In it he talks about a three pronged attack, but read it yourself what exactly he says.

BT: Between the console-based Bad Company and the more casual, kind of accessible feel of Heroes, some hardcore fans may be worried that the once realistic, PC-only shooter is now...

BC: Changed?

BT: Yeah, like it's going to suddenly become this casual, console-only shooter.

BC: Well, I'm the executive producer on the franchise. I'm really in charge of the entire Battlefield franchise and it's very clear to me that there are three... well, we have to make this a three-pronged assault with the series really.

First, there are consoles. Consoles are really big, we can't ignore them, we have to be on the consoles. Second, there's this casual experiment we're going with Battlefield: Heroes and the third prong is the hardcore PC gaming experience. We've made those in the past and we'll continue to make them in the future. We aren't specifically announcing anything, but we are still going to keep those hardcore gamers very happy.

A lot of people are confused when they see Heroes because they see it and assume that that is the future of Battlefield on PC, but it isn't.

translation BF3 will come out on pc

Precyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Precyse
Member since 2007 • 487 Posts
If its dead or dying why do they still make games for it?
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

PC does have great exclusives. As for multi-platform games, the PC version is always the superior version, so its a win-win situation for PC gamers. We have better graphics, smoother framerates, keyboard and mouse controls, superb online, free mods, faster load times, and so much more. The main disadvantage of PC gaming is the higher price for hardware.

Feran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Feran
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts
Another good thing about PC gaming there is a lot of up and coming indie developers or small companys with good origonal titles.. Todays high end consoles I would not call consoles there more media centres with an ever increasing price tag, and if they ever release keyboards and mice for them then they might as well call them Proprietary PCs
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

[QUOTE="j0k3r_76"]I recently gave up on PC gaming, got an Xbox 360 and i'm very happy with it..ag3ntz3rox0x

Heh, same here. I've actually been PC gaming since 1999, but it wasn't until this year that I started using the PC as my primary platform.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PandaBear86
[QUOTE="ag3ntz3rox0x"]

[QUOTE="j0k3r_76"]I recently gave up on PC gaming, got an Xbox 360 and i'm very happy with it..BlueBirdTS

Heh, same here. I've actually been PC gaming since 1999, but it wasn't until this year that I started using the PC as my primary platform.

I have been gaming on low-end PCs since 1994 and have enjoyed it. Only last week I bought a high-end PC for the first time, and can't stop playing NeverWinter Nights 2 and Crysis. I won't be touching my Xbox 360 for a while now. I love my Geforce 9800 GX2 :D

Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

I can almost guarantee you this guy has been pirating for almost his whole PC gaming lifetime.OoSuperMarioO

I'm willing to bet he isn't even a PC Gamer. Looks like a troll to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts

relic rts company of heroes good game. Blizard makes gaycraft and im sure there next game will be on console lolz. Huge part of my gaming is fps and i just won't have them and why would spend like 1500 bucks on the top of the line pc when i have i am getting 1/4 of the game of what i should be getting? No point to spend 1500 on beast of a pc anymore. Might as well walk into walmart buy a pc drop 50 bucks on vga and put in a card lolz. maden2004

Yes, one of my concerns is the system requirements which just keep getting steeper and steeper. Graphical prowess is great, but I think technology is going by too fast. Surely the Devs and the Video Card manufacturers should come up with some ideas to slow this exponential curve.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

We still have Valve, Relic and Blizzard.Doom_HellKnight

QFT. What more do you need? :-P

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PandaBear86

[QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"]We still have Valve, Relic and Blizzard.Forerunner-117

I need Diablo 3 :(

maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 maden2004

okay well we will see what happens sure there are titles coming out right now. But i am just afriad of the future for the pc gaming. But since dlc is becoming bigger now im guessing companies will make more money and we will get more developers wanting to develop for the pc. Rather then trashing the pc.Also blizard is making diable 3 so ill get that but relic makes rts and i am not a huge rts fan. Valve games i am lookin forward to is left 4 dead. But we will see what happens at E3 see if there are some good pc games coming out even if they are multiplatform titles. Long as they port the games welll ill keep buying them . I bought thinking ubisoft would do a better job porting vegas 2 and not so much but its okay. Anyways thanks for the hate guys keep it coming.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PandaBear86

Anyways thanks for the hate guys keep it coming. maden2004

How are we being hateful? You came in here making a thread speaking against PC gaming, and we just responded to it. I don't see any hate coming from our side.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#35 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I play both, PC for Blizzard and Valve, 360 for everything else
crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

If your really into competitive games try out q3 and q4, q4 as of now is deadish besides ctf.

Now for dueling q3 is doing really well, with ESWC Q3 1v1. Many are playing it again, plus it is a really fun game. Takes way more skill to play than COD4 IMHO. I really suggest q3 the most, can run well on a low end pc, and its very competitive.

Also, to be the best, you dont need to play other games. You'll be too busy practicing =).

biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
well jesus is busy he is gaming on his xbox....so as u can c even god is into consoles....but we are not....
Di0nysus80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Di0nysus80

Anyways thanks for the hate guys keep it coming.

maden2004

You're the one who came into the pc gaming forum telling all of us how you think it's dying and we are trying to show you how it is not. What did you expect was going to happen? We all just say "yes" to whatever it is you say, even though you still have not given us any hard concrete facts. Please send me the links that say these companies are not doing pc any more and then you might have a bit more credibility. We're not hating on you just disagreeing, there is a difference.

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

PC does have great exclusives. As for multi-platform games, the PC version is always the superior version, so its a win-win situation for PC gamers. We have better graphics, smoother framerates, keyboard and mouse controls, superb online, free mods, faster load times, and so much more. The main disadvantage of PC gaming is the higher price for hardware.

PandaBear86

Good points on the plus' for PC gaming...I agree with you.... The one thing I do see happening, is the gap in cost between PC hardware and consoles is narrowing from what it use to be.... Yes consoles by themselves are cheaper, but add in the cost of that HD LCD TV and the price of console games vs PC games, it's not as big a difference as once was. Especially now, PC hardware prices are really cheap. One can build a seriously good gaming system in the 12-15 hundred dollar range that can last a few years and can include the OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse and for a few bucks more a nice sound system. So compare that when you add up a console (350-500 or so) and a nice high def TV (lets say a grand) and the cost of games (60+ bucks a hit). Not to mention the cost of the on-line gaming service (xbox Live etc...) and what you have is a much closer margin in the price difference that ever before.

8)

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
Not to make any juvenille comments, but I find it a bit ironic that your name is maden2004 (you do know "Madden" has two D's)? I don't mean disparage the credibility of your statements or anything, I just thought it was kind of funny.
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

cobrax75

cobrax75
Spore is not gonna be exclusive for long....its coming to all three consoles.....
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

PyroPice

cobrax75

Spore is not gonna be exclusive for long....its coming to all three consoles.....

Its been long confirmed that the Other versions of Spore will be nothing like the PC version...just like what happened with the Sims (which turned out pretty badly on consoles)

PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PyroPice
PC will not die until every console has a mouse and keyboard for rtses, that is at least one area where PC kills consoles.
Di0nysus80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Di0nysus80

Just a quick question, when does a consol stop being a console and start becoming a computer? I mean they will be implementing a keyboard and mouse, they all have a setup which is basically like a computer os. You can surf the web on them...seems like a home theater pc to me.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
From where I'm sitting the PC still has quite a bit to offer in the future. Putting DRM schemes aside for one moment, I'm currently tracking all of these:

FPS games:

- They
- They Hunger: Lost Souls
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Borderlands
- Chrome 2
- The Crossing
- Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason
- Damnation
- Darkest of Days
- Deus Ex 3
- Doom 4
- Far Cry 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode Three
- Haze
- James Bond project
- Left 4 Dead - I will get this through Steam only, not via retail published by EA
- METRO 2033: The Last Refuge
- The Precursors
- Prey 2
- Project Offset (working title)
- Project Origin
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (working title)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- Salvation
- The Scourge Project
- Warhound
- White Gold
- Zeno Clash

Tactical FPS games:

- Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
- Ground Branch
- Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
- Game 2 from BIS (makers of original OpFlash)

Action games:

- Alone in the Dark
- Collapse
- Dead Island
- Earth No More
- Ghostbusters The Video Game
- The Lord of the Creatures
- Mafia II
- Prince of Persia (working title)
- Rage
- Velvet Assassin

Role-Playing games:

- Alpha Protocol
- Drakensang: The Dark Eye
- Fallout 3
- Gothic 4
- Legend: Hand of God
- Rise of the Argonauts
- Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
- Space Siege

RTS games:

- WorldShift
- Starcraft II

Adventure Games

- Insecticide
- Metronome

I was also looking forward to Mass Effect PC, Dragon Age, Codename Panzers: Cold War, Tiberium and Spore, but will not be getting those due to EA's DRM scheme. If they remove the DRM, I will put them back on my list. If any of those other games are published by EA, those will go on my 'avoid' list as well.

I don't mind multi-platform games if they are done well, which is why those are on the list. I'm not a fan of MMOs, racing games, simulators, puzzle games, otherwise that list would be longer. I'm not averse to adventure games either, on occasion, though I don't play as many of those as I used to. I'm only tracking two that caught my eye, but maybe I should be tracking all the others, in which case that list would probably be twice as long with the number of adventure titles in development.

Don't give up on this platform yet - not until we've been backed into a corner with only a broken bottle for defence. Let those other developers jump ship if they want to, but the ship isn't sinking yet, it's only taking on water and there are other developers scrabbling to patch up the holes. Keep the faith.
shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

[QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"]We still have Valve, Relic and Blizzard.Forerunner-117

Bioware, they just need to develop more PC now.

Sinotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sinotek
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts

Dude, everytime new consoles comes out this whole "PC dieing" issues starts again. I am really getting tired of trying to convince people that it's not dieing. How can you even say that EA is giving up on the PC when they are releasing the only improved version of Mass Effect for the PC? And they are also remaking Burnout: Paradise so it'll actually be like it was made for the PC. Where do you get this crap... seriously.

So what if LucasArt said that Star Wars: Forced Unleashed won't be out on the PC? I can bet that LA will return from their statement and will decide to release it on the PC, just like Mass Effect.

As for Crytek, meh - They just use the piracy card as an exuce to goto the consoles. Kind of a lame exuce, but their actions are justified. There's more money for them if they do it.

The only problem PC is having is that there's no one to look after it. For example for Xbox360 there's Microsoft. For PS3 there's Sony and for the Wii there's Nintendo. For the PC there isn't anyone in charge. But still, you don't see people stop developing games for it. We either get PC exlucive or a supirior version from the consoles. True, sometimes we don't get games from the consoles, but sometimes they don't get games from the PC. It works both ways. If you want to have it all, buy everything lol. Otherwise, stick to your PC.

PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PyroPice

Just a quick question, when does a consol stop being a console and start becoming a computer? I mean they will be implementing a keyboard and mouse, they all have a setup which is basically like a computer os. You can surf the web on them...seems like a home theater pc to me.

Di0nysus80

answer: when consoels arent standardized anymore, the entire idea of a console is so everybody has the same hardware, thus game developers know exactly what to work with and dont have to optimize thier code for thousans of diffrent rigs. We have already seen some deviation of standardization in consoles (dardives, HDMI ports ect) but all of that is superflous, each console can play every game that come out for it at "max settings" where as PCs have never and will never be so standard.

maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 maden2004

i made this name long time ago . It was an accident LOl, i have nothing do with madden at all but yeah it was an accident i made a long time ago . Btw i wasn't so much hating on pc as much on the trash that developers are talking about it. I'm just really dispointented in EA to come say the stuff they have, Lucas Arts,Epic, Activision #### about sales on pc and listen to the guy talkin about dev of fable 2 annoys me. I just think its a sign that developers don't like to develop for the pc other then valve and blizz, relic and stardock. But i like playin my cod 4, bf series games and jedi games and rpgish (fable) and having those guys come out and say to me points out that they aint gonna push there games on the pc.We will see.

My question is where IS micrsoft ??? why aren't doing anything but killin pc gaming by not making it easier on the gamers to make gfw simple and give em what they want? Or are they making it easy on developers.

What is Pc Gamer Alliance doing?

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts
I think we have to adopt a new rule of ban on site for 'PC gaming is dieing' in this forum...