Issues with Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard (Blues)

thesplitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thesplitz
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm planning on doing a peripheral upgrade and going with Corsair this time. I was going to get a K70 LUX RGB with blue key switches but upon doing some research I've found recently there's been an issue with the blue key switches. For anyone who doesn't know, people have been complaining they're mushy, stiff, and some keys don't even feel clicky like blues are supposed to feel. I'm not sure if people are just being anal about this or if it's an actual QC issue that is getting worked out and I should give it a few more weeks before purchasing.

So really this post is for anyone that has any insight, personally owns the keyboard or knows a friend. Are people just being anal about it, or is it an actual problem with the keyboard/blue key switches themselves that I should hold out for a little while longer?

Thanks for any insight, and i'd prefer this topic doesn't devolve into "why I should go with [insert color] keys instead". I'm not a hardcore, competitive FPS gamer that needs reds, I simply want a bada$$, gaudy keyboard that will last me years and be used for gaming and typing/school.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

I've had this for over a year now, and have had no issues. It's not RGB, but they are blues. I highly recommend them, gaming and typing on it feels so right:

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@thesplitz: see reviews about the keyboard, if it's false alarm get it, if not I can recommend on Razer Blackwidow.

Moved to Hardware forum

thesplitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thesplitz

@PredatorRules:thanks for moving to the correct forum and yea I've owned Razer before and wanted something different this time but i'll definitely consider it if corsair doesn't sort this out.

thesplitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thesplitz

@mordant221: Looks great, Yea I could be talked into the non RGB variant, I just figured for an extra 30-40 bucks i'd go all out. This is a purchase thats pricy but i'm planning on keeping it for many years unless some crazy, revolutionary thing happens with keyboards in the next 5 yrs or so, which I doubt. Is your keyboard the K70, or K70 LUX? Does it have the USB pass-through? It doesn't help that Corsair makes this confusing as hell lol.